Search Unity

1. Megacity Metro Demo now available. Download now.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Unity support for visionOS is now available. Learn more in our blog post.
    Dismiss Notice

AR Foundation, versions versions and versions?

Discussion in 'AR' started by lloydhooson, Jul 9, 2019.

1. lloydhooson

lloydhooson

Hi all, I'm currently evaluating AR-foundation but getting in knots over which versions are supported for which versions of unity and which version of LWRP.

Is there any concrete chart that outlines what works and where?
    I'd love to use the LWRP with AR as that makes 100% sense to reduce the workload but after 6 different unity installs and 3-6 version of LWRP(lost count changing that all over the place) haven't matched any correctly up. (testing on android black screen).

I'd also like the versions to be in unity 2019.1 (as this is non beta but would change up when versions come available). I have also tried 2018.4 with no luck too.

Any help muchly appreciated. Thanks.

Tarrag and Dalton-Lima like this.
  2. VirtualPierogi

VirtualPierogi

+1
    I have the same issue, it would make a lot more sense if Unity devs focused more on adding lwrp support for ARfoundation in 2019.x.

lloydhooson likes this.
  3. Futurristic

Futurristic

I'm also running into the same issue for ARkit builds. Not able to get through the ARkit build using LWRP and Arfoundation. Kind of stuck :(

4. YashwanthCBI

YashwanthCBI

I was working on getting a scene built with Unity and LWRP on mobile device too. I've gone through this whole process of finding out which versions are compatible to each other. It is way too confusing and frustrating. Here are my findings and I hope this could help you too.

Unity 2019.1 and higher:
    LWRP - 5.6.1
    Shader graph - 5.6.1
    AR Foundation - preview.3 - 2.1.0
    AR Core XR Plugin - preview.5 - 2.1.0
    ARKit XR Plugin - preview.5 - 2.1.0
    ARKit Face Tracking - preview.6 - 1.0.0
    Xcode - 9 or higher
    iOS - 11 or higher
    Android - 7.0 or higher