Search Unity

AR Foundation + Unity Terrain

Discussion in 'AR' started by Edur-Games, Sep 15, 2018.

1. Edur-Games

Edur-Games

Hello! I want to create a scene Wingnut AR style and I wonder if I can use unity terrain.
    I need a small terrain to use on the Place to Plane. But the terrain is not positioned in the center of the hitpoint. Objects are unregistered and sometimes not displayed.
    Please suggest that I use to generate this type of scenarios and how to fix it?

Thanks!

Attached Files:

2. tdmowrer

tdmowrer

Please see https://forum.unity.com/threads/scaling-with-arfoundation.543953/

3. Edur-Games

Edur-Games

Hello! Thank you for your answer tdmowrer.
    I'm trying to reproduce the example of the link you've provided me but something I must be doing wrong..
    Can you please send me a screenshot of your hierarchy and how to use the MakeContentAppearIt? To be able to put the terrain in the center

Thanks a lot

4. Edur-Games

Edur-Games

Hello again.
    I pass some screenshots of the result when I use a terrain of unity.
    The problem is that the pivot point is not in the center of the terrain and I always catch that point as a point of origin and I want it placed in the center.
    This with a plane object does well but with a terrain I can not do it.

Thanks

Attached Files:

5. tdmowrer

tdmowrer

Hi folks,

Create a GameObject where ever you want the center of you landscape to be (the "pivot") and use that as the "content" argument to MakeAppearOnPlane. Since this function moves the camera and not the content, it doesn't matter where the content exists in the hierarchy -- it's just a transform in space.

6. Edur-Games

Edur-Games

Thanks!! its already works for me..
    The pivot gameobject was missing to put it as content..

Thank you for your help
    Edu