Search Unity

Ar Foundation threshold Image Tracking

Discussion in 'AR' started by patrickneumueller, Nov 5, 2019.

1. patrickneumueller

patrickneumueller

Hello,
    I have a question about image tracking in Ar Foundation.
    Is there a way to get some kind of "threshold" for the recognized image? For example, I have 2 different / similar looking reference images and I would like to see how many percent the respective image applies to the reference.
    At the moment I can't find a way to do this, except for the Enum: Tracked, Limited and None...
    Is there no exact float value or similar?

Many thanks in advance and greetings
    Patrick

AndreiMarian likes this.
  2. joepeijkemans

joepeijkemans

Hi Patrick,

Some time has passed since you asked this question. Even though you didn't get any replies, I figured maybe you solved this yourself. I now face a similar problem, where I only want to distinguish between images once, and not track them. These images are very different from one another, but are also quite hard to track due to low detail, poor contrast etc. However, I figured if I can lower the threshold for a match, it'll recognize images sooner, but have more trouble distinguishing them, which isn't a problem to me since the images themselves vary sufficiently. I figure there has to be a parameter somewhere which represents the match threshold right? If you found a solution or can help me with this I'd be forever greatful :)

Many thanks!

Joep