Search Unity

Question AR Foundation stopped working after removing mars from my project

Discussion in 'AR' started by noahglassford, Jul 23, 2021.

1. noahglassford

noahglassford

Edit: Using mono 32 bit compile I got it working, however the problem is I need a 64 bit apk for google. I was able to do 64 bit compiles previously so I'm not sure whats going on. If you need any project info or files let me know I'm not too sure what you might need to help me here

As the tile said, I installed mars onto a project to try it out. After doing that I removed it through the package manager since I had no more use for it in my project and it was taking up space.

After I did that I found that the non AR scenes in my app would work fine (For example, the main menu doesn't have any AR code) and I know it isn't a problem with the camera since I have another non AR scene that uses the device camera and that scene is also working with no issues.
    Once I go to an AR Scene however, the app freezes up and shows the AR background as black, and displaying the objects in the scene.

If there is no way to fix this I am using source control so I can revert but it would just be better to not have that space taken up on the apk (Size limited apk/aab by google, and its a rather big application with a lot of assets that multiple people are working on, and removing MARS saved a decent chunk of space from the apk)

Unity Version: 2020.3.14f1
    Device: Samsung Note 8 with all AR requirements
    AR Foundation version: 4.1.7 (same for ARCore XR Plugin and ARKit XR Plugin)

Last edited: Jul 23, 2021
  2. TreyK-47

TreyK-47

Unity Technologies