Search Unity

AR Foundation Remote | Test and debug your AR project in the Editor

Discussion in 'Assets and Asset Store' started by KyryloKuzyk, May 26, 2020.

1. unity_Zf3d_qzQMfmU3Q

unity_Zf3d_qzQMfmU3Q

yes, you get what I need to do. unfortunately, your asset can't help. I have to find another solution. Can I ask for refund?

2. KyryloKuzyk

KyryloKuzyk

I'm sorry to hear that.
    Please send me your Invoice No. to email and I will make a refund.

unity_Zf3d_qzQMfmU3Q likes this.
  3. AmarIbr

AmarIbr

That did the trick. Thanks for your quick response and I cant stress how much the remote has sped up my work flow!

4. Mr-FarePlay

Mr-FarePlay

Just bought it. Best remote app out there. Works perfectly with AR Foundation.

I'm trying to use it with Manomotion for hand tracking (the free version, with AR foundation and ARCore) but it doesn't seem to work with your remote. Any tips?

5. unity_Zf3d_qzQMfmU3Q

unity_Zf3d_qzQMfmU3Q

Thanks

6. KyryloKuzyk

KyryloKuzyk

The plugin is designed specifically to work only with AR Foundation API. Other AR solutions will not work.
    If Manomotion SDK has an API to set a custom camera texture, you can grab the camera texture in Editor from ARCameraManager.cameraMaterial using Graphics.Blit() and pass it to Manomotion SDK.

7. KyryloKuzyk

KyryloKuzyk

I'm glad to hear that! It seems like performance is critical for Image Tracking speed and quality. I'll try to reduce the load to improve it.

8. duglaser0618

duglaser0618

Thanks for the great assets!

Will object tracking be supported in the future?

9. KyryloKuzyk

KyryloKuzyk

Ideally, I want to add support for all AR Foundation features in the future. But I want to add the most requested features first, so the next one would probably be Meshing support.

duglaser0618 likes this.
  10. unity_mwOBi6epvE9siQ

unity_mwOBi6epvE9siQ

Bought the asset. I was not very patient & did not read section with currently supported features (subsystems).
    I need ARAnchoring. Bummer.

11. KyryloKuzyk

KyryloKuzyk

Yes, there is no ARAnchorManager support yet. There is a catch with ARAnchorManager: it's API has synchronous methods, but the connection between Editor and AR device is inherently a-synchronous. Currently, I'm trying to overcome this limitation by blocking main Unity Editor thread while remote request is being made.

Please send me your Invoice Number and I will make a refund. You can make a purchase again once I add ARAnchorManager support.

12. unity_mwOBi6epvE9siQ

unity_mwOBi6epvE9siQ

My comment is mostly for trying to influence your prioritization on next supported feature.
    I made a workaround on this issue and it works "fine" for me. Plugin is great. No refund needed. Please continue to improve the product. Cheers =)

distastee likes this.
  13. J1wan

J1wan

Was able to smoothly install asset within minutes and have it run with no problems. Two questions:
    1. How to properly disable the remote and test the app on an actual smartphone?
    2. How do I print to the console? I used Debug.Log() and nothing shows up

14. KyryloKuzyk

KyryloKuzyk

1. Just build your app as usual, as if there is no remote plugin at all. The plugin is designed to leave no trace in your scenes or scripts and it will not influence your builds.
    Please don't forget to implement camera permission check, the plugin doesn't have this feature yet.

2. There are 3 buttons in a row in Console Window: Debug, Warning, Error. Please check that a 'Debug' button is enabled.

Last edited: Aug 14, 2020
  15. artilla

artilla

Hi, is there any support for meshing in arfoundation-samples?

16. KyryloKuzyk

KyryloKuzyk

Currently, there is no support for Meshing. I'm planning to buy iPad with LiDAR soon to be able to implement this feature.

17. rg_khonma

rg_khonma

I'm considering buying this great asset. Does HumanBodyTracking currently not work?

18. KyryloKuzyk

KyryloKuzyk

Unfortunately, Body Tracking is currently not supported. It will be possible when I'll buy the new iPad.

rg_khonma likes this.
  19. Sacristan_G

Sacristan_G

Hey!

## [3.11.3] - 2020-08-12

While date matches in current package manager version, the version does not. After downloading this i experience errors (ive cleaned up everything and still getting same errors).

From package lock

Am i missing something here ? Looks like Runtime namespace does not exist.

Assets\Plugins\ARFoundationRemoteInstaller\Scripts\Editor\CompanionAppInstaller.cs(4,26): error CS0234: The type or namespace name 'Runtime' does not exist in the namespace 'ARFoundationRemote' (are you missing an assembly reference?)

Assets\Plugins\ARFoundationRemoteInstaller\Scripts\Editor\ShowInInspectorAttribute\ARFoundationRemoteInstallerInspector.cs(4,26): error CS0234: The type or namespace name 'Runtime' does not exist in the namespace 'ARFoundationRemote' (are you missing an assembly reference?)

Attached Files:

Last edited: Aug 19, 2020
  20. KyryloKuzyk

KyryloKuzyk

@Sacristan_G Yes, please remove the git link.

Please press 'Installer.Install Plugin' button to update the plugin via Package Manager.

Or you can perform a full update in case this will not work:
    "Press 'Installer-Un-install Plugin' button, delete the folder 'Assets/Plugins/ARFoundationRemoteInstaller', re-import the plugin, and make a new build of AR Companion app by pressing 'Installer-BuildAndRunCompanionApp' button."

Last edited: Aug 18, 2020
  21. Sacristan_G

Sacristan_G

Hey! Resolved my issue updated, uninstalled plugin, removed folder, installed new package - removed lines of code that caused compilation issues (Settings related stuff), installed plugin, reimported stuff from package and yeey - it finally worked.

Since You have a control center style Settings config file - perhaps can You add a checkbox or any other control mechanism to enable / disable ar foundation remote initialization ? I have a separate flow testing mode (mostly for app states and UI) and while i still can still use it fully - this error is thrown

AR Foundation Remote: please ensure that your AR device is running ARCompanion app and has a 'Waiting for Editor connection' message displayed.

22. artilla

artilla

Hi, is there support for ARAnchor?
    I got an error when running Anchos scene in ar foundation samples.
    "InvalidOperationException: Anchor manager has no subsystem. Enable the manager first."

23. KyryloKuzyk

KyryloKuzyk

Please disable 'Log Startup Errors' in plugin Setting to disable this error.

Unfortunately, not currently. I'm working on it.
    As an alternative, you can use ARRaycastManager to place your AR objects.

24. tesuji-games-inc

tesuji-games-inc

@KirillKuzyk - thx for this plugin. Im able to get the sample working nicely.
    However when install the plugin into my game Im encountering some flickering of green and then back to the video frame. The trackables are being spawned but I dont see them overlayed on the view - I do see them in scene view and I I dont see any layer issue...

unity 3.14f
    AR foundation 4.0.2 and all the other dependancies
    I am feeding info from an XSMax

When I build and run my ios deployment of the game - I can see my changes and the trackables on the iOS device.
    But not in editor... it just flickers fullscreengreen and then shows camera frame (without Gameobjects like AR Default Plane or Cloud Points)

Last edited: Aug 21, 2020
  25. tesuji-games-inc

tesuji-games-inc

I solved it with making sure metal editor support was on and adding the scripting define symbols:
    upload_2020-8-21_15-26-55.png

26. KyryloKuzyk

KyryloKuzyk

Thanks for sharing the solution! I'll add this info into Documentation in the next version.

tesuji-games-inc likes this.
  27. distastee

distastee

Any word on getting ios device + windows video background support?

28. Sacristan_G

Sacristan_G

Hey!
    Is support for ARAnchors planned to be added soon (like in a next release) ?

29. Scherabon

Scherabon

Hi I have been playing around for a while now, trying to get this to work. I am encountering the following issues:

1. Only seeing the AR object with camera input in Game View in Unity. Phone only shows the camera input but no objects.

2. Have to hold my phone landscape format. Portrait squeezes the objects.

3. In URP using VFX Graph particles: I am not getting any feedback on the iPhone camera. It translates the AR camera position and orientation back into the game view, but I don’t see any camera input. This is specifically bad, since I'd love to use the URP VFX combo for a project.

OS Catalina, iOS 13.6, iPhone 6s Plus, Unity 2020 1.1.f1, AR Foundation 3.1.3

Any help would be appreciated! Many thanks!

30. marrosic

marrosic

Hi,
    I downloaded the package and after I installed everything, I'm getting a message on the device "Can't start sender. Please connect AR device to private network". I am in a private network, don't really know what I can do! Unity also crashed after a while, which never happens.
    I also get some errors when I try to start the scene in the editor:

"Please enter correct AR Companion app IP in Assets/Plugins/ARFoundationRemoteInstaller/Resources/Settings
    UnityEngine.Debug:LogError(Object)
    ARFoundationRemote.RuntimeEditor.TelepathyReceiverConnection:awake() (at Library/PackageCache/com.kyrylokuzyk.arfoundationremote@b8c6b52d86/Runtime/Connection/Telepathy/TelepathyReceiverConnection.cs:23)
    ARFoundationRemote.Runtime.TelepathyConnection:Awake() (at Library/PackageCache/com.kyrylokuzyk.arfoundationremote@b8c6b52d86/Runtime/Connection/Telepathy/TelepathyConnection.cs:42)
    UnityEngine.GameObject:AddComponent()
    ARFoundationRemote.RuntimeEditor.TelepathyReceiverConnection:Create() (at Library/PackageCache/com.kyrylokuzyk.arfoundationremote@b8c6b52d86/Runtime/Connection/Telepathy/TelepathyReceiverConnection.cs:17)
    ARFoundationRemote.Runtime.Connection:create() (at Library/PackageCache/com.kyrylokuzyk.arfoundationremote@b8c6b52d86/Runtime/Connection/Connection.cs:25)
    ARFoundationRemote.Runtime.Connection:.cctor() (at Library/PackageCache/com.kyrylokuzyk.arfoundationremote@b8c6b52d86/Runtime/Connection/Connection.cs:10)
    ARFoundationRemote.RuntimeEditor.EditorToPlayerMessageExtensions:Send(EditorToPlayerMessage) (at Library/PackageCache/com.kyrylokuzyk.arfoundationremote@b8c6b52d86/RuntimeEditor/Receiver/Receiver.cs:284)
    ARFoundationRemote.Editor.CameraSubsystemProvider:set_requestedCamera(Feature) (at Library/PackageCache/com.kyrylokuzyk.arfoundationremote@b8c6b52d86/Editor/Subsystems/CameraSubsystem.cs:69)
    UnityEngine.XR.ARFoundation.SubsystemLifecycleManager`2:OnEnable() (at Library/PackageCache/com.unity.xr.arfoundation@4.0.2/Runtime/AR/SubsystemLifecycleManager.cs:91)"

I'm using AR Foundation 4.0.2 and ARCore XR Plugin 4.0.3 on Unity 2019.3.15f1
    Thanks in advance!

31. KyryloKuzyk

KyryloKuzyk

Yes, maybe. Although the limitation of not being able to write a custom video shader and test it in Editor will remain.

Yes! I already added the support of ARAnchorManager but I need to do more tests first before releasing it.

AR Companion will not reflect your recent changes. Maybe I'll implement this feature in the future, but currently, it's not there. Here is a quote from Description:
    'Test and debug your AR project in Editor without the need to make a new build after every change (you will not see your recent changes in ARCompanion app. ARCompanion is used only to send AR data and touches back to the Editor).'

Could you please send me a screenshot of your Editor? In my tests, when I resize the game view to make it "landscape" mode, then everything displays correctly.

Are there any errors in Console? Could you please send me a screenshot of your game view? Did you make a new AR Companion build after switching your project to URP?

Could you please tell me your OS (Windows or macOS) and what AR device do you have?
    Also, please ensure that you have the latest version of the plugin which is 3.11.3. In this version, I fixed the issue of not being able to start the server on AR Companion app.

Q: How to update to a newer version?
    A: Press 'Installer-Un-install Plugin' button, delete the folder 'Assets/Plugins/ARFoundationRemoteInstaller', re-import the plugin, and make a new build of AR Companion app by pressing 'Installer-BuildAndRunCompanionApp' button.

32. marrosic

marrosic

Thanks for the quick answer. I'm working on Windows 10 with a Samsung Galaxy Edge S7 . I've already tried removing the tool and installing it again for a couple of times. I've also read in this forum, that the Anchor Manager hasn't been supported yet. Do you know when you are going to release the version which supports it? Cloud Anchors are the reason why I needed this kind of the tool.

33. inspiredRealityGames

inspiredRealityGames

This tool will help me greatly increase productivity in modifying the UX for AR games.

However, I have 2 questions.
    1) It's my understanding that one of the Other Improvements of version 3.11.3 was "- AR camera background video now works with all versions of AR Foundation." which meant the live background I see on my phone would also be displayed on the Game window in the Unity editor. It sounds like it's working for others like masonmc mentioned on Aug 6, 2020. Is there a setup step for this feature I could've missed?

Below are screenshots when running PlaneAndCloudPointsExample scene in Unity 2019.3.2f1 on Mac (1st pic) using iphone 7 (2nd pic) over Wifi with Enable Background Video checked (3rd pic). I have no errors in the Console. Clicking mouse in editor or tapping phone both work to place objects in my AR scenes, but it's a little strange to look back and forth from phone to editor and imagine the real life background on the editor.

upload_2020-8-28_10-54-58.png
    upload_2020-8-28_10-50-16.png

upload_2020-8-28_11-12-37.png

2) Do you have a timeline to add support for Unity 2020.2? upload_2020-8-28_10-45-40.png

34. KyryloKuzyk

KyryloKuzyk

I’ll add the support of ARAnchorManager very soon, but this will not bring the Cloud Anchors support. Cloud Anchors is a totally different thing and should be implemented separately. There is no time estimation for it right now.

35. KyryloKuzyk

KyryloKuzyk

1. Could you please tell me what render pipeline do you use? Is there a chance you’ve changed the render pipeline for your project after AR Companion build?

2. Currently, I don’t have a plan to support Unity 2020.2 while it’s in beta, because in beta things change very quickly and I can’t guarantee the plugin will work across all beta versions.

inspiredRealityGames likes this.
  36. fsstudiodev

fsstudiodev

hey @KirillKuzyk it seems the companion app is crashing on iOS with no apparent exception.

I'm using Unity 2019.4.9f1 ARFoundation 3.1.3 and ARkit and ARCore 3.1.3 and 3.1.5, respectively.

As far as I can tell I've followed every instruction you gave. The build process runs sucessfully and the companion app is installed on my device, but it crashes on startup.

The only output the log gives is this:

[B]2020-08-31 18:53:12.640816-0300 GBARARCompanion[1722:1831170] Error loading /var/containers/Bundle/Application/4B4AE8FD-0A2F-4877-8E37-3D7217303313/GBARARCompanion.app/Frameworks/UnityFramework.framework/UnityFramework: dlopen(/var/containers/Bundle/Application/4B4AE8FD-0A2F-4877-8E37-3D7217303313/GBARARCompanion.app/Frameworks/UnityFramework.framework/UnityFramework, 265): Library not loaded: @rpath/opencv2.framework/opencv2[/B]

[B] Referenced from: /private/var/containers/Bundle/Application/4B4AE8FD-0A2F-4877-8E37-3D7217303313/GBARARCompanion.app/Frameworks/UnityFramework.framework/UnityFramework[/B]

[B] Reason: image not found[/B]

[B]2020-08-31 18:53:12.667965-0300 GBARARCompanion[1722:1831170] Error loading /var/containers/Bundle/Application/4B4AE8FD-0A2F-4877-8E37-3D7217303313/GBARARCompanion.app/Frameworks/UnityFramework.framework/UnityFramework: dlopen(/var/containers/Bundle/Application/4B4AE8FD-0A2F-4877-8E37-3D7217303313/GBARARCompanion.app/Frameworks/UnityFramework.framework/UnityFramework, 265): Library not loaded: @rpath/opencv2.framework/opencv2[/B]

[B] Referenced from: /private/var/containers/Bundle/Application/4B4AE8FD-0A2F-4877-8E37-3D7217303313/GBARARCompanion.app/Frameworks/UnityFramework.framework/UnityFramework[/B]

[B] Reason: image not found[/B]

Any ideas? Happy to provide more info.

37. KyryloKuzyk

KyryloKuzyk

1. Does your project work when you make a regular build?

2. Could you please try to install the plugin into an empty project with same AR Foundation dependencies (3.1.3 and arcore 3.1.5) and build AR Companion from there?

38. fsstudiodev

fsstudiodev

I managed to solve the issue, there were some missing dependencies on the project and the companion app worked fine afterwards.

May I ask why are the ARPlanes generated with a missing material color?

39. KyryloKuzyk

KyryloKuzyk

Could you please tell me what Render Pipeline you use?

40. Pixel2015

Pixel2015

Hi I just bought the asset and it doesn't work at all. All I get is a message on the device "Can't start sender. Please connect AR device to private network"

Not sure what can I do to solve this as it is not mentioned anywhere in the documentation.

41. KyryloKuzyk

KyryloKuzyk

This error message means there are no local IP addresses found. Is your phone connected to a Wi-Fi network?
    If so, could you please go to Wi-Fi settings, find the IP address of your phone, paste it in Plugin's settings, and tell me it will work?

42. Pixel2015

Pixel2015

Hi Kirill thanks for the fast response. Yep it is connected to network, I did what you suggested but still doesn't work.

Just a guess though can a nonstandard local address be a problem? As my local network is 192.168.100. not the 192.168.0. which is the norm usually.

EDIT: Nope didn't help even if I switched my subnet to 192.168.0... atleast it is something that I wanted to do for some time since I switched to single router network :)

EDIT2: Now when I tried your suggestion after switching to 192.168.0.. it works. I get the message "Can't start sender..." but once I enter play mode it connects. Thanks.

Last edited: Sep 2, 2020
  43. inspiredRealityGames

inspiredRealityGames

1. I'm using Lightweight RP 7.3.1. I didn't change the render pipeline and have no others (updated URP version or HDRP) installed.
    upload_2020-9-3_20-38-52.png

2. What's the latest supported Unity release? 2020.1.4?

Last edited: Sep 4, 2020
  44. jpvanmuijen

jpvanmuijen

This asset has saved me about 3 years of building and compiling time in the past 2 months. Too bad I bought it before it was on the asset store, would be very happy to leave a 5+ star review.
    Is there any way to convert a previous purchase to an asset store one? Would probably also make it easier to import & update on future projects.

45. rotsin

rotsin

I'm fairly interested in buying this for this exact possibility. I don't really care that I have to do extra work to make facial animations, my question is, would there be any technical limitations in trying to achieve this? Can I intercept the blendshape modifiers and their timestamps as they're coming in from the phone?

Thanks!

46. jamesleohoyle

jamesleohoyle

Looks like the perfect asset for me. I'm developing multiplayer AR games (both players playing in the same space syncronized). Using Parrel sync, which currently allows me to open up the same project in multiple editors and works great for non AR multiplayer game testing, would I be able to connect two android phones to my computer and connect each of them to a different editor for testing?

Thanks

47. Anastasia-Devana

Anastasia-Devana

Any plans to support AR Foundation 4.x?
    I got the plugin and it works pretty well overall, but I ran into some issue with the version mismatch.

48. KyryloKuzyk

KyryloKuzyk

I'm sorry the late reply, I was on a short vacation. I'm getting back to work and will soon release Anchors and Meshing support...

Could you please tell me the version of the plugin? I fixed the issue with non-standard IP addresses in v.3.11.3.

I've already received several reports about camera video not working in Unity 2020. Please give me some time, I'm working on a fix.

I'm glad to hear that! Please check your PM, I sent you a voucher for Asset Store so you can write an honest review and easily import the plugin into your future projects :)

While this is not supported out the box, there is no technical limitation in receiving ARKit Blendshapes in Standalone build. This will not be easy and will require additional coding, but it's definitely possible.

Please let me give a general idea of how to achieve this:
    1. Install the plugin and search for TelepathyReceiverConnection.cs scripts (search in Packages folder).
    2. Make a copy of the script, remove #if UNITY_EDITOR define and fix compilation errors.
    3. Add the modified script in your Standalone build and Register the callback: yourScript.Register(PlayerToEditorMessage.id, playerMessageReceived);
    4. Deserialize the data: var data = args.data.Deserialize<PlayerToEditorMessage>();
    5. Get Blendhapes: data.faceSubsystemData.added.First().blendShapeCoefficients

Yes, this is possible thanks to the recent transition from built-in Unity connection to Telepathy TCP solution: two different android phones will have two different IPs and it's possible to enter these IPs in two different instances of Unity Editor.

AR Foundation 4.x is already supported. Please make sure your project compiles without the plugin with the desired AR Foundation version, and then install the plugin. The plugin has only a minimum AR Foundation requirement and will work with all versions that are greater than 3.0.1. If this is not the case for you, please send me a bug report describing your setup.

Last edited: Sep 5, 2020
  49. lazyninjacat

lazyninjacat

Is there any way to enable location data through the ARCompanion app?

50. KyryloKuzyk

KyryloKuzyk

Do you mean GPS location? No, the plugin focuses only on AR Foundation API.