Search Unity

1. Megacity Metro Demo now available. Download now.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Unity support for visionOS is now available. Learn more in our blog post.
    Dismiss Notice

AR Foundation - Preview Release Feedback

Discussion in 'AR' started by mfuad, May 23, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. mfuad

mfuad

Unity Technologies

Since AR Foundation's debut a year ago, we've heard great feedback on the forums. To synthesize this information, we've put together a short survey. We'd appreciate you taking a few minutes to share your thoughts, as it will help guide how we can improve the product.

We're excited for the future of AR Foundation and want to make sure your voice is heard as we plan for what's next.

Jelmer123 likes this.
  2. ina

ina

Would like to see Unity's AR Foundation do better in these areas:

• Reliability
    • QA tested features (both for basic features as well as pre-release ones - for example, your implementation of Human Segmentation 3D does not work with iOS 13 public beta)
    • Versions of Unity officially tested with (etc)

3. John1515

John1515

I would appreciate some clarity around the following:
    - what features of ARKitUnityPlugin are not yet available in ARFoundation and when we expect to see these if at all? Specifically: Eye transform (I mean the gaze transform, not the blend shapes)

4. JBMS

JBMS

I second JelmerV's request. I am also in need of left and right eye gaze transform support in ARFoundation.

Unfortunately, my project is stuck using Unity ARKit Plugin until ARFoundation supports L/R gaze poses.

5. Aaron-Meyers

Aaron-Meyers

This thread about the AR Remote tool hasn't been addressed by anyone from Unity since December last year. I just looked and the Unity developer who started the thread hasn't posted on the forum since January. Perhaps he no longer works at Unity? If that is the case, has the AR Remote tool been abandoned? If someone else is on it (or if not!), I think everyone here deserves an update...

6. zyonneo

zyonneo

Is there any text recognition available in ARFoundation?

7. zyonneo

zyonneo

Support for ARfoundation is not there I believe.I have seen so many question unanswered.Create a new brach for ARfoundation other than ARKit and ARcore? ARfoundation with two branches (ARcore and ARkit).Any suggestions?

8. virtualHCIT

virtualHCIT

Yes, they have gone a bit too silent about all the accumulating issues (I posted in another thread about the frustrating lack of development for making AR Foundation compatible with the latest version of LWRP). I hope that just means they are preparing a big update to be released soon.

9. luispedrofonseca

luispedrofonseca

Yes, it's very frustrating.

They are all big on announcements and blog posts, but then go radio-silent when it comes to updates. No idea what's going on, but would be good to get an official word on it.

Aaron-Meyers likes this.
  10. samuelmorais

samuelmorais

I am also concerned about what is going on with AR Foundation... but hopefully it is going to have a better support soon.

11. virtualHCIT

virtualHCIT

thibautvdumont likes this.
  12. sphira_co

sphira_co

For our product we are dependent on downloading and injecting image markers at runtime. This is currently only possible with the deprecated ARkit/core-Plugins. ARFoundation does only support image markers that were packaged with the project.

Are Dynamic Image Targets something you are working on?

Some users already put a lot of effort into trying to solve this issue.
    https://forum.unity.com/threads/dynamic-xrreferenceimagelibrary-in-ar-foundation.681901/

samuelmorais and zyonneo like this.
  13. zyonneo

zyonneo

Hi sphira..I was looking for a solution for AR app which needed to be updated every month with new image targets and corresponding AR models.Is it possible to do with ARfoundation .Are you referring to the same issue here?

14. sphira_co

sphira_co

If you mean that you don't want to repackage the project each time and be able to inject the new markers and content via a download, then yes, this is what I am referring to.

15. zyonneo

zyonneo

The AR contents position in real world is adjusted in unity and uploaded as assetbundles?and downloaded then shown as AR experience.

16. zyonneo

zyonneo

Any idea, about the maximum image targets we can add in AR Foundation?

Last edited: Aug 28, 2019
  17. zyonneo

zyonneo

Code (CSharp):
    1. No resource group with name
    2. "ReferenceImageLibrary_705E65BA-EA24-4962-A393-4B68A9DC85C7" found
    4. InvalidOperationException: Failed to set requested image library 'ReferenceImageLibrary'
    5. on ARKit -there is no matching resource group,or the resource group does not
    6.  contain any reference images.
    Using Unity 2019.2.0f1 ARfoundation-2.1.1,ARKit XRplugin - 2.1.1

18. Voronoi

Voronoi

Newer versions of ARFoundation seem to need a new ReferenceImage library. Delete the old ReferenceImage asset and create a new one. The new one has an icon with VR goggles on it.

19. zyonneo

zyonneo

I tried the project with ARFoundation 3.But was getting this error SWIFT_VERSION '5.0' is unsupported . Even though I changed the swift language version.May be beacause I am using Xcode 10.1 that is not working.So went back to old ARfoundation 2.1 package.
    I think you are right,I deleted the ARsession and ARsession origin and loaded again,it was working.

20. unnanego

unnanego

It doesn't build with xcode earlier than 10.3 anyway

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.