Search Unity

AR Foundation "Play" not working

Discussion in 'AR/VR (XR) Discussion' started by cowbow_unity, Jan 10, 2022.

1. cowbow_unity

cowbow_unity

I'm new in AR development on Unity and i found this nice beginner guide:
    https://learn.unity.com/tutorial/in...into-a-virtual-scene#6036d72cedbc2a4b6f0eb637

I went through it and did all the steps; at the end I was able to build and run the app into my phone.
    The problem is I can't really debug it because when clicking "Play" I get errors:

No active ARCoreSessionSubsystem is available in this session, Please ensure that a valid loader configuration exists in the XR project settings.
    UnityEngine.Debug:LogError (object)

No active ARCoreCameraSubsystem is available in this session, Please ensure that a valid loader configuration exists in the XR project settings.
    UnityEngine.Debug:LogError (object)

The game tab keep being blank of course, but i'll mention again that build and run does work and the app works fine on my phone - only clicking "Play" won't work and invokes those errors.

Anyone can advise on how to resolve this issue?

Thanks a lot!

2. Stents

Stents

There is currently no way of playing an AR scene in the editor with default AR Foundation. Your options are to either:
    • Use Unity MARS which has a simulator
    • Use a third party plugin, such as the AR Foundation remote so that you can play in the editor using sensors on the device.
    • Create your own AR simulator to use in editor. Creating a simple AR simulator is actually a lot easier than it may sound, however may be challenging if you are new to Unity development. All you really need to do is have a simple camera controller for testing most kind of interactions you are likely to have though.

cowbow_unity likes this.