Search Unity

AR Foundation object stability

Discussion in 'AR/VR (XR) Discussion' started by Pawuchock, Apr 9, 2020.

1. Pawuchock

Pawuchock

Hey Guys!
    Im using 2019.3.1f1 Unity, Universal Rerender Pipeline 7.1.8, both ARFoundation and ARCore XRR plugins are 3.1.0 preview 7. (also tried to update to the latest version).
    My case is: i'm switching between 3D and AR (plane detection) view of the 3dmodel.
    3D model is loaded from the server and scaled (localscale)
    (Previously i noticed that scaling ARsession Origin makes my virtual plane "dissapear/occlude" under my physical floor, so im scaling the object right now).
    Switching AR on/off: disable/enable ARPlaneManager and ARPointCloudManager components and also turning off ARCamera GameObject.
    When the object is placed on virtual plane - turning off the trackables from ARPlaneManager and ARPointCloudManager to make virtual plane invisible.
    So after all that explenation, here is my problem:
    After the object is placed on virual plane, if i walk around or move my phone to the left/right, my model is not sticking to the point a placed it, but it also moving a bit.
    In ARFoundation samples augmented model is "glued" more solid to the point it was placed.
    Maybe i could have missed something?
    Maybe object scaling messed something up?
    Or my disabling/enabling stuff make the lag?
    P.S.
    Does ARcore and ARkit supports Universal Render pipeline?
    And also is there any possible problems with URP and arfoundation (android/ios) ?

2. Pawuchock

Pawuchock

3. rizviha

rizviha

I am facing same issue. Have you found any solution?