Search Unity

1. Megacity Metro Demo now available. Download now.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Unity support for visionOS is now available. Learn more in our blog post.
    Dismiss Notice

Bug AR Foundation Editor Remote : ARCameraBackground calls CommandBuffer.IssuePluginEvent which crashes/

Discussion in 'AR' started by gyeongyun, Apr 25, 2022.

1. gyeongyun

gyeongyun

@KirillKuzyk

When i press Play after all settings, it runs for a while on the connected mobile phone screen and turns off, and the following error occurs without operating within the unity.

AR Foundation Remote. ARCameraBackground calls CommandBuffer.IssuePluginEvent which crashes/freezes some versions of Unity.
    Possible solutions:
    - If you're confident that your version of Unity is not vulnerable to this issue, please add your Unity version to the 'Unity Versions With Issue Plugin Event Fix' in the plugin's debug settings.
    More info: https://forum.unity.com/threads/arfoundation-arcamerabackground-commandbuffer-freezes-editor.1019461
    - OR embed the AR Foundation package via AR Foundation Remote Installer. After embedding the plugin will automatically apply required fixes.
    UnityEngine.Debug:LogError (object)
    ARFoundationRemote.Editor.FixesForEditorSupport/<>c:<tryApplyFixes>b__3_1 (ARFoundationRemote.Editor.IEditorSupportFixer) (at Library/PackageCache/com.kyrylokuzyk.arfoundationremote@ad2c6632f08d-1650370415000/Editor/FixesForEditorSupport/FixesForEditorSupport.cs:58)
    System.Linq.Enumerable:Any<ARFoundationRemote.Editor.IEditorSupportFixer> (System.Collections.Generic.IEnumerable`1<ARFoundationRemote.Editor.IEditorSupportFixer>,System.Func`2<ARFoundationRemote.Editor.IEditorSupportFixer, bool>)
    ARFoundationRemote.Editor.FixesForEditorSupport/<tryApplyFixes>d__3:MoveNext () (at Library/PackageCache/com.kyrylokuzyk.arfoundationremote@ad2c6632f08d-1650370415000/Editor/FixesForEditorSupport/FixesForEditorSupport.cs:54)
    UnityEngine.SetupCoroutine:InvokeMoveNext (System.Collections.IEnumerator,intptr)

please..................................

2. KyryloKuzyk

KyryloKuzyk

I wasn't sure in which Unity version the fix was introduced, so I tested only the latest LTS releases and added them to the list. Please add your Unity version to the 'Unity Versions With Issue Plugin Event Fix' list in the plugin's settings and check if your Unity version behaves well.

Or you can just embed the AR Foundation package via Installer and the plugin will automatically comment out the call to CommandBuffer.IssuePluginEvent in the ARCameraBackground.

3. gyeongyun

gyeongyun

Wow, I solved it. Thank you.

KyryloKuzyk likes this.
  4. glreese

glreese

Hello - I added Unity 2020.2.26f1 to the fixed list and it does not give the error but still does not use the camera (AR). Just a black screen on the Unity screen (laptop). I actually had to input 2020.2.26 - since it didn't seem to like the "f". Any guidance? Thank you

5. KyryloKuzyk

KyryloKuzyk

Does your app work fine on a real AR device?

Any chance you're using the URP? If yes, please check you've completed all necessary setup steps:
    https://forum.unity.com/threads/arf...k-screen-and-no-tracking.915527/#post-6374280

If it will not help, please file a bug report here and provide the additional information.

6. glreese

glreese

Hello - It does work on a real AR device and I am not using URP. BUT it is now working. I reset up everything a voila! So it works with version 2020.3.26f1 :) You do need to place the Unity version in your ARFoundationRemote plugin debug settings.

Thanks.

KyryloKuzyk likes this.