Search Unity

Resolved AR Foundation Editor Play mode testing/debugging

Discussion in 'AR' started by Thimo_, Dec 15, 2020.

1. Thimo_

Thimo_

Hi @mfuad ,

The last post on the status of the AR Foundation playmode debugger (like ARCore's Instant preview) said the plan was to release it in Unity 2020.2.

I saw that today Unity 2020.2 released, hooray!

Does the new release also include the AR Foundation playmode debugger and if so,
    How do I start using it?

Kind regards,

2. KyryloKuzyk

KyryloKuzyk

3. Thimo_

Thimo_

I think I read somewhere that MARS and official AR remote editor testing were a bit separate that remote editor testing would be free... Still a shame if they would include the AR testing in MARS which costs an additional 600 DOLLARS a year. But, The AR remote testing thread promised 2020.2. There was another thread where @mfuad said 2020.2, but I couldnt find any new information on it. A small update from Unity would make things clear on where they stand with that tool. @todds_unity

Last edited: Dec 16, 2020
  4. mfuad

mfuad

Unity Technologies

Hi @Thimo_, the feature was never slated to release in 2020.2, though we conducted closed alpha user studies using 2020.2. We're currently iterating on the feedback we received and will continue to do so until we feel the feature is ready for a public preview. At this time, we suggest using a similar solution on the Asset Store (shoutout to @KirillKuzyk) or consider developing your own solution that meets your specific needs.

KyryloKuzyk and Thimo_ like this.
  5. Thimo_

Thimo_

Thank you for your status update regarding this feature! Im wondering, will this feature be a free addition to Unity in general or will it be included in MARS and behind its 600 dollar paywall?

6. mfuad

mfuad

Unity Technologies

It would be a core Unity feature included in Unity releases (Personal, Plus, Pro).

Thimo_ likes this.