Search Unity

1. Unity 6 Preview is now available. To find out what's new, have a look at our Unity 6 Preview blog post.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Unity is excited to announce that we will be collaborating with TheXPlace for a summer game jam from June 13 - June 19. Learn more.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Dismiss Notice

AR Foundation - consistent axes

Discussion in 'AR' started by Mike-T, Jan 27, 2020.

1. Mike-T

Mike-T

Hey guys,

I'm currently working on a school project and don't know what to do so any advice would be appreciated. I'm pretty new at stuff like this, so maybe my idea isn't the best.
    In the corner of the table, I have one image to be tracked and I want to highlight the same place at the table every time the AR session starts. The image tracking is ok and I have also information about the place distance from the image. The problem is that the image axes are relative so it works only when I have a phone in the right position when the AR session starts. I'm wondering if anyone knows of a way to make the axes consistent?
    I was thinking that maybe I could create ARReferencePoint at the same position as a tracked image and set proper forward, up, and right vector. But it doesn't seem right after some research.

Screenshot 2020-01-27 at 22.00.51.png