Search Unity

Bug AR Foundation broken on URP 10+

Discussion in 'AR' started by Makio64, Nov 16, 2020.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Makio64

Makio64

It seems that there is some breaking changes on the URP 10.x on the Renderer Features
    The problem come from a change in the API of the Forward renderer ( New AR Background Renderer Feature ) any way to fix it ?

2. Makio64

Makio64

Bump, anyone success to setup it correctly ? I Cant get the New AR Background Renderer Feature working with URP 10

3. mfuad

mfuad

Unity Technologies

There may have been a few related known issues that got fixed in URP 10.2. Can you try again with latest version of AR Foundation and URP 10.2? If you're still experiencing issues, please file a bug with reproducible project so the team can properly track and investigate. Thanks!

4. Rs

Rs

Same issue in Unity 2020.2.1f1 + URP 10.2.2 + ARFoundation 4.0.9

And I came here from Unity 2019 where I could find NO combination of versions of URP and ARFoundation that worked on iOS.

KrisKay likes this.
  5. ArjoNagelhout

ArjoNagelhout

For me, the combination of Unity 2020.2.1f1 + Universal RP 10.2.2 + AR Foundation 4.1.0-preview.10 + ARKit XR Plugin 4.1.0-preview.10 works.

In the changelog, in AR Foundation 4.1.0-preview.10 has the following fix:
    • Fix an issue with background rendering with URP 10+ rendering with a Final Blit pass.
    See https://docs.unity3d.com/Packages/com.unity.xr.arfoundation@4.1/changelog/CHANGELOG.html

This fix was removed in AR Foundation 4.1.0-preview.13:
    • Remove fix made in 4.1.0-preview.10 for URP 10+ rendering. URP 10 now has a proper fix for this issue.
    I just tried out AR Foundation 4.1.0-preview.12 and that also works, so it probably has to do with this fix.

The error I am getting in Xcode is the following, which I assume is the same problem as mentioned above. Next to that the camera background stays black. Tracking works and all the other reasons the screen could be black have been checked. There are no other errors or warnings.

Code (csharp):
    1. You can only call cameraDepthTarget inside the scope of a ScriptableRenderPass. Otherwise the pipeline camera target texture might have not been created or might have already been disposed.
    2. UnityEngine.Rendering.Universal.ScriptableRenderer:get_cameraDepthTarget()
    3. UnityEngine.XR.ARFoundation.ARBackgroundRendererFeature:AddRenderPasses(ScriptableRenderer, RenderingData&)
    4. UnityEngine.Rendering.Universal.ScriptableRenderer:AddRenderPasses(RenderingData&)
    5. UnityEngine.Rendering.Universal.ForwardRenderer:Setup(ScriptableRenderContext, RenderingData&)
    6. UnityEngine.Rendering.Universal.UniversalRenderPipeline:RenderSingleCamera(ScriptableRenderContext, CameraData, Boolean)
    7. UnityEngine.Rendering.Universal.UniversalRenderPipeline:RenderCameraStack(ScriptableRenderContext, Camera)
    8. UnityEngine.Rendering.Universal.UniversalRenderPipeline:Render(ScriptableRenderContext, Camera[])
    9. UnityEngine.Rendering.RenderPipelineManager:DoRenderLoop_Internal(RenderPipelineAsset, IntPtr, List`1)

Last edited: Jan 14, 2021
  6. TreyK-47

TreyK-47

Unity Technologies

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.