Search Unity

AR Foundation and WebRTC

Discussion in 'AR' started by newguy123, Sep 18, 2019.

1. newguy123

newguy123

2. JakHussain

JakHussain

i'm not sure how you plan to do that. As I understand it, you still need a mobile device to actually run the application and HDRP doesn't support mobile or at least isn't designed to. From the original device itself you can stream the WebRTC footage to be then viewed in any browser. If you want HDRP AR, you'll need a mobile device powerful enough to support HDRP properly which doesn't exist right now.

3. newguy123

newguy123

Isnt that the whole point of this tech, so the heavy lifting is done on another device like a workstation, but the navigation and graphics are shown on any device, like mobile

4. JakHussain

JakHussain

yeah but the problem with AR Foundation is that the heavy lifting cant be moved. It's dependant on running ON the mobile device. so you can stream from your mobile device to some web browser but you can't run an AR application on some other platform or some server and stream the results back to your phone. It's not gonna work like that.

5. ibrahimpenekli

ibrahimpenekli

With some latency I think this is possible. Do AR thing on mobile device, and rendering on a remote desktop. But camera view and the rendered content will be out of sync.

newguy123 likes this.