Search Unity

1. Megacity Metro Demo now available. Download now.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Unity support for visionOS is now available. Learn more in our blog post.
    Dismiss Notice

Feature Request AR foundation and Remote Player?

Discussion in 'AR' started by BinaryBanana, Mar 30, 2021.

1. BinaryBanana

BinaryBanana

Hi,
    It's been over a year since we have heard news about Unity working on remote player for ar foundation - last from May 2020. Are there any updates? When is it coming? I can't believe such a basic solution wasn't released yet.

Most of us are still using Remote Player that was released in some preview version over 3 years ago. Most of us won't be able to buy Mars with the current pricing, it's not worth it. I know unity stocks are down but I don't think pushing us to buy Mars will solve it, let us first build things so we can earn money so we can then pay for the licenses.

Soon we will have better tools available for AR on react than in unity :/

2. KyryloKuzyk

KyryloKuzyk

3. BinaryBanana

BinaryBanana

Thanks, I saw it before. Good work and I am glad you are filling that gap! I am still using remote player that was shared for free and works for me. I added option to record a session and play it so I can repeat the same AR environment and have test scenarios. I believe simple functionality like that should be part of the platform and no one should have to build it on its own.

From both of them, mars and your plugin, I would definitely try yours first. For now I will stick with the free remote player. Some good person kept the package on github since Unity deleted it.

KyryloKuzyk likes this.
  4. BinaryBanana

BinaryBanana

KyryloKuzyk likes this.
  5. alexanderameye

alexanderameye

Would like to see this as well.

BinaryBanana likes this.
  6. BinaryBanana

BinaryBanana

Pinging this thread again.

Instant Preview is also still not available when working with AR Foundation.

7. AnthonyJackson81

AnthonyJackson81

Is there anything in this. I used the AR remote that was mentioned above and if I am honest, now AR Foundation 4.0 is out. its buggy, and surprise, there is a paid new version. Its useful, but I cant justify that cost, everytime a new major veriosn comes out

BinaryBanana likes this.
  8. KyryloKuzyk

KyryloKuzyk

Can you please provide more details about the problems you've encountered? The plugin supports all AR Foundation versions starting from 3.0.1 up to the latest preview version 5.0.0-pre.8. Please check that you're using the latest version of the plugin.

The version 1.0 that was released two years ago is still supported and still receives updates and bug fixes for free. It's an up-to-date debugging tool for AR apps.
    Version 2.0 is not a replacement, it's an optional upgrade that brings extra features.