Search Unity

1. Megacity Metro Demo now available. Download now.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Unity support for visionOS is now available. Learn more in our blog post.
    Dismiss Notice

Bug AR Foundation 4.1.5 (ARKit) - Material "Offset" of Face Mesh is Wrong

Discussion in 'AR' started by makaka-org, Mar 12, 2021.

1. makaka-org

makaka-org

Hi!

Before v4.1.5 I used 3.0.1 and all was good here.
    But after updating to 4.1.5 I have another situation.

So, to illustrate the situation more clearly, let's use real-time changing of Texture Wrap Mode: Repeat & Clamp.

3.0.1: With the default material offset (0,0) and tiling (1,1) in the both modes (Repeat & Clamp) I see the original image of texture. Super. As it should be for ARKit & ARCore.

4.1.5: With the default material offset (0,0) and tiling (1,1) in the both modes (Repeat & Clamp) I see the same picture as before only for ARCore.
    But for ARKit for Clamp Mode I can't see original image of texture now. It looks as if there was a different offset.

So I guess that this is a bug. If this is not a bug then please tell me how it can be fixed more elegant?

Environments:
    • Unity 2020.2.7
    • AR Foundation and related packages v4.1.5
    • Unity 2019.4.18
    • AR Foundation and related packages v3.0.1

2. makaka-org

makaka-org

I can guess that the issue is related to UV coordinates

3. makaka-org

makaka-org

4. TreyK-47

TreyK-47

Unity Technologies

Team advised that you submit a bug report for us, so that our QA can do a deeper dig as to what might be going on.

5. makaka-org

makaka-org

Thank you, I will submit the bug report with Unity app.

But Why this [bug] section in AR forum exists?
    I thought that this form of the message is a bug report itself.

6. adamhill

adamhill

This is for quick "Check this checkbox" fixes and maybe some discussion of simpler fixes or work arounds.

Adding a bug report to the tracker lets the team track the issue, gives them a place to ask for more info, point to others on the team, triage it and assign it.

It also probably feeds into other systems like QA so they can make sure the fix gets regression tested, and all kinds of other thing a product and teams of this size need.

IMHO, Unity3D has a pretty solid machine in place to fix bugs, propagate them to the older LTS's and do releases. Very nice to see this level of engineering in place :)

TreyK-47 likes this.