Search Unity

Resolved AR Face tracking Android

Discussion in 'AR' started by antoniskamzel, Jun 7, 2021.

1. antoniskamzel

antoniskamzel

Hello, I've installed AR Foundation along with ARCore, ARKit, XR etc, all of them but I can't get face Tracking to work on my Android phone. I've seen tutorials on youtube making it work on android but I just can't. Does anyone know what's going on with compatibility? And if anybody know a way to do so, that would be highly appreciated. Thanks!

2. KyryloKuzyk

KyryloKuzyk

3. antoniskamzel

antoniskamzel

My device is in this list (POCO X3 NFC).

To be more specific with the problem. I follow this tutorial (and many others like this)

but when I build and run my app on my phone, I get a black screen and the camera won't even show anything.
    And also in Player Settings > Graphics APIs I removed Vulkan, and then in XR Plug-in management I enabled ARCore and I was able to get the camera to show something but instead of the front camera it uses the back camera of the phone and it won't even do anything if I turn it around.

Last edited: Jun 8, 2021
  4. FrankvHoof

FrankvHoof

I believe face-tracking only works with the front camera? (Not sure).
    You might have to switch the camera that you are using (Set the 'Facing Direction' on the ARCameraManager to 'User').

Edit: Otherwise it might just be erroring during Init? Are you getting any logs?

5. antoniskamzel

antoniskamzel

You are totally right, I haven't noticed the 'User' facing direction. Now it works fine. Thanks!

AkashGurav likes this.
  6. ZemGameZ

ZemGameZ

You sir, are a true champion! Thanks for that..

7. hojjat

hojjat

Check Il2cpp Build ,
    Its work for me