Search Unity

1. Unity 6 Preview is now available. To find out what's new, have a look at our Unity 6 Preview blog post.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Unity is excited to announce that we will be collaborating with TheXPlace for a summer game jam from June 13 - June 19. Learn more.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Dismiss Notice

Bug AR Core - Successfull image tracking leads to crash on requestedFacingDirection = CameraFacingDirect

Discussion in 'AR' started by LeoMH, May 17, 2024.

1. LeoMH

LeoMH

I have the problem when I successfully do image tracking on one station in my game then on the next station I wan't to change the camera direction. But when I set arCameraManager.requestedFacingDirection = CameraFacingDirection.User; Then my app crashes. When there is no successful image tracking then i works fine.

2. mike-copley-unity

mike-copley-unity

Unity Technologies

Hello @LeoMH,

I tested your experience with our BasicImageTracking sample that is available publicly, and I was not able to reproduce your crash using a Samsung Galaxy S21. I wanted to ask you and see you could reproduce this crash in the way that I was testing:

1. Get the AR Foundation samples (linked to above) to build and run on your Android device using the AR Core as your XR Plugin provider.
    2. Modify the sample to have the ARCameraManager.requestedFacingDirection switch to CameraFacingDirection.User after an image recognized by the sample (for example: Assets/Scenes/ImageTracking/Images/one.png) is tracking in the sample.
    3. See if the app crashes for you.

If you can reproduce this crash successfully, then the next best course of action would be to file this as a bug using the bug reporting facility that is available (as mentioned in the FAQ): https://unity3d.com/unity/qa/bug-reporting

3. andyb-unity

andyb-unity

Unity Technologies