Search Unity

Question AR Core Extension doesn't work in IOS

Discussion in 'AR' started by zihasoo, Aug 25, 2022.

1. zihasoo

zihasoo

I was testing an app using the Google Geospatial API.
    On Android, it worked perfectly. But when I turn on the "IOS Support Enabled" in Project Settings -> ARCore Extensions, and play it, I am getting the following error "EntryPointNotFoundException"

full error message:

EntryPointNotFoundException: ArSession_create
    Google.XR.ARCoreExtensions.Internal.IOSSupportManager.CreateARCoreSession () (at Library/PackageCache/com.google.ar.core.arfoundation.extensions@39599ae423/Runtime/Scripts/Internal/IOSSupportManager.cs:165)
    Google.XR.ARCoreExtensions.Internal.IOSSupportManager.get_Instance () (at Library/PackageCache/com.google.ar.core.arfoundation.extensions@39599ae423/Runtime/Scripts/Internal/IOSSupportManager.cs:67)
    Google.XR.ARCoreExtensions.ARCoreExtensions.OnEnable () (at Library/PackageCache/com.google.ar.core.arfoundation.extensions@39599ae423/Runtime/Scripts/ARCoreExtensions.cs:172)
    UnityEngine.GameObject:SetActive(Boolean)
    Google.XR.ARCoreExtensions.Samples.Geospatial.GeospatialController:SwitchToARView(Boolean) (at Assets/Samples/ARCore Extensions/1.33.0/Geospatial Sample/Scripts/GeospatialController.cs:654)
    Google.XR.ARCoreExtensions.Samples.Geospatial.GeospatialController:OnEnable() (at Assets/Samples/ARCore Extensions/1.33.0/Geospatial Sample/Scripts/GeospatialController.cs:323)

The project is Google's Geospatial API Sample. 스크린샷 2022-08-25 오전 10.54.49.png
    development device: Mac pro
    target device: iPad Pro 12.9"
    development environment: Unity version 2020.3.32f1 & Jetbrains Rider

Attached Files:

2. tomicz

tomicz

Did you try to add ARCore library to your xcode project?

3. zihasoo

zihasoo

No, is there anything else I need to do besides installing the package?
    Do you mean AR Core SDK??

4. ankur-unity

ankur-unity

Unity Technologies

Last edited: Aug 29, 2022
    andyb-unity likes this.
  5. zihasoo

zihasoo

I solved it! I didn't know how to install the AR Core SDK so I fixed something related to Cocoapods and it worked!
    To be precise, the "EntryPointNotFoundException" in the Unity Editor is still there, but it builds fine.
    I apologize for my poor English and thank everyone who helped.

6. FunctionOverflu

FunctionOverflu

Could you elaborate how exactly you solve this problem?
    I tried to install ARCore ios SDK following this video
    using Swift Package Manager but have no luck (the app crashes after opening a scene with Geospatial feature/ARCore Extensions).

How do I install ARCore ios SDK with cocoapods?