Search Unity

Resolved AR content clipping issue in some android devices

Discussion in 'AR' started by unity_f-vjvnE3sk91bg, Mar 7, 2022.

1. unity_f-vjvnE3sk91bg

unity_f-vjvnE3sk91bg

Hi,

- We are facing clipping issues in our AR scene.

- AR Foundation with unity engine / Maya is used for development.

- AR content is rendering fine in iPad and miui based android devices.

- But on some android devices (ie: Piael 4a, Samsung s21 ultra) the AR content started clipping / flickering while viewing them.

- Tested build with several configurations. Like different architectures(ARM7 and 64), scripting backends, Gradle (custom/base templates), and updated android SDK / AR foundation packages. But nothing seems to fix the issue.

- I'm attaching screenshots of the issue.

- Kindly check those and share your thoughts if you figure out anything.

Thank you : )

Attached Files:

2. todds_unity

todds_unity

It appears that you have environment occlusion enabled in your scene.

The newer iPad devices have LiDAR depth sensors. Neither the Pixel 4a nor Samsung S21 Ultra have any hardware depth sensors. I am unfamiliar with the hardware of the Miui devices.

The quality of the depth texture, which feeds into the occlusion functionality, varies significantly between devices that do and do not have a hardware depth sensor. My guess is that you are seeing this behavior difference between your iPad and Pixel devices because of the different depth functionalities between devices.

Last edited: Mar 8, 2022
  3. unity_f-vjvnE3sk91bg

unity_f-vjvnE3sk91bg

Hi Todd

Thanks a lot for your reply.

Now the AR content renders properly after removing the "AR Occlusion Manager" component from the AR camera.

But both iPAD(i.e: iPad Air 4) and miui devices (i.e: poco x2 - which is a lower midrange android device) are not having any Lidar sensors.

I am still a bit confused about how this issue has occurred in higher-end devices but not in lower-end mobile.

Anyways thanks again : )

Attached Files: