Search Unity

1. Good news ✨ We have more Unite Now videos available for you to watch on-demand! Come check them out and ask our experts any questions!
    Dismiss Notice

AR Colouring / Region Capture / Live texturing for AR Foundation - possible paid feature request

Discussion in 'Handheld AR' started by TheThoughtPolice, Aug 16, 2019.

1. TheThoughtPolice

TheThoughtPolice

Hi,

Does anyone know of any plugins/example/work in progress or even be prepared to consider developing a region capture feature that will work with AR Foundation.

This approach is used to develop AR colouring apps. e.g. https://developer.vuforia.com/forum/unity-extension-technical-discussion/region-capture-0 and basically requires image tracking tech, detecting/cutting out the region of the marker from the camera feed, eliminating perspective distortion and then applying to the model.

I previously developed a simple version using QR code corners prior to recent developments in AR but haven't put time into developing my Unity skills here.

I've also got a small potential project (limited funding may be available) so would be great to hear if anyone wants to consider developing this component.

Thanks!
    Sean

2. ina

ina

This has already been used to create AR coloring books using Vuforia for the past few years...
    For just a coloring book, I'd recommend vuforia over arfoundation

unityunity