Search Unity

1. Megacity Metro Demo now available. Download now.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Unity support for visionOS is now available. Learn more in our blog post.
    Dismiss Notice

AQUAS Water/River Set - Water & Rivers for Mobile, VR, Web, Desktop

Discussion in 'Assets and Asset Store' started by dogmachris, Jan 8, 2016.

1. Migueljb

Migueljb

Does anyone know how this works or runs in the oculus quest? I'm not concerned with real-time reflections only using a reflection probe for the reflection and if it can run under single pass rendering is all that matters in mobile vr. Any info would be great before I make a purchase.

2. jnbbender

jnbbender

2 questions:
    How would I create larger waves?
    I am not getting any of the water color when I go under the water. What I mean is, the water looks fine but if I'm using the Swamp water on a sunny day and I go under, I don't see any darkness, only bright light from the sky.
    Any ideas?

Last edited: Jul 1, 2020
  3. Bryan-Legend

Bryan-Legend

Any chance we could get multiple terrains support added to the shore mask generator? I've got 16 terrains stitched together in my project, mainly to support different biomes.

4. jnbbender

jnbbender

Anybody still working with this asset? This forum looks pretty dried up.

5. dl290485

dl290485

6. Magic73

Magic73

He replied.. what? ;)

7. dl290485

dl290485

He replied his answer to my question. What I'm saying though is if you can't get a response on here, you can always try to directly contact the developer.

hopeful and Magic73 like this.
  8. A2GStudios

A2GStudios

I imported Aquas into my project and have an error can you help me with this, thanks

Assets\AQUAS\Scripts\AQUAS_CameraSwitcher.cs(28,125): error CS0103: The name 'AssetDatabase' does not exist in the current context

9. dsilverthorn

dsilverthorn

I thought he fixed that. The camera switcher was only for the demo. I think you can delete it.
    Maybe save a copy just in case you need to add it back.
    Good luck!

10. lsgheero

lsgheero

upload_2020-7-19_16-13-48.png
    Anyone know how to fix this issue underwater

11. RodatGHG

RodatGHG

Hi,
    I have a scene in which objects all have a large scale. I need to create a sea coast with foam where the water meets the land. Can I scale up the foam to accommodate the scene's large scale?
    I have tried another water package and found the foam is way too small and cannot be scaled up.
    I basically need to use the water features but have them all scaled up substantially.
    Is this possible?
    Many thanks in advance :)

12. Xialya

Xialya

Heya,

Any ETA for the URP update?
    I really need this for my project. :/

Arathorn_J likes this.
  13. Duffer123

Duffer123

@dogmachris ,

How close are we to a Unity 2019.4 LTS and URP update? Also, can you fix the next release to be integrated fully with GAIA 2/Pro and Enviro? If you can do this, happy to give this 5 stars... ;)

Arathorn_J likes this.
  14. IrishDev

IrishDev

AQUAS is integrated into GAIA PRO
    You need to update the first line in the AQUAS_Gaia script:
    From
    #if GAIA_PRESENT && UNITY_EDITOR
    To
    #if GAIA_2_PRESENT && UNITY_EDITOR
    Then re-start the GAIA Manager

15. IrishDev

IrishDev

Hmm looks like I was incorrect - sorry
    While this will add AQUAS to the GAIA Manager it will not fully integrate it nor does it play nicely with Enviro....

Duffer123 likes this.
  16. Duffer123

Duffer123

@IrishDev , yep the underwater effects are unhinged ...

IrishDev likes this.
  17. EDarkness

EDarkness

Is it possible to use this asset without a terrain? I just want a water plane and it used to do that....

S4G4N likes this.
  18. S4G4N

S4G4N

As far as I know that should not be a problem, as the water sits on its own geometry not dependent of Terrain at all

19. EDarkness

EDarkness

When I tried to add it in, there were a ton of errors. I'm just gonna make my own 2D water shader, I think.

S4G4N likes this.
  20. WILEz1975

WILEz1975

Is there a tutorial or guide on how to manage the ripples effect? (AQUA 2020)
    The guide is quite sparse.
    The ripple effect does not always work as it should.

Last edited: Sep 20, 2020
  21. Skotrap7

Skotrap7

Hi, I just applied AQUAS 2020 to my multi-terrain world and am seeing some interesting rendering effects along the coastline. Any tips on how to debug/fix this?

upload_2020-10-7_15-13-51.png

22. EntertainmentEnterprise

EntertainmentEnterprise

Dogma Chris, can I help update this to URP? I'm updating the shaders manually and also updating them for Single Pass Instanced because I need them for a URP XR project... It has been way too long that support was promised, and I'd hate to have this asset die as it is the best water solution on the store that I've used. Please answer!

23. dsilverthorn

dsilverthorn

You might try his email?
    Then let us all know what he said. ;)

24. EKG8g

EKG8g

For a mobile (iOS) game, AQUAS Water/River Set, AQUAS Water LITE, AQUAS 2020, which one should I start with?

25. Jakub1199

Jakub1199

Hi,
    I'm greenhorn when it comes to unity and game developing, but I want to create a grand-strategy game, for terrain creating I'm using NASA World height map and Barymetric map of the oceans and seas. I know it'll be hard though but I really enjoy it.

The problem is that when I'm zooming out the water is beggining to "disappear" where it touches the coastlines (img below). I need to fix it so the world will be still looking good even when the camera fov covers whole EurAsia and part of africa.

(The terrain is flipped vertically in relation to the real world, but on the stage of playing with creation and looking for the best solution it is not important)

So this is how the test world looks without water:
    1)

Heightmap I used for generating the world with oceans depths and land height (I've combined two heightmaps in GIMP)

It is 4097x4097 Heightmap which I used to create 2048x2048 terrain with 35 overall height.

And this is how it looks like with water added to terrain, I've underlined the distruptions which appear when I'm zooming out:

In the next post is the image that shows how the map looks when zooming out really far.

I was trying to manipulate various variables of material and water plane in unity but nothing seems to work.
    Anyone had a similar problem and solved it?

Any help will be aprecieated.
    Thanks in advance :)

Last edited: Nov 21, 2020
  26. mgmhunt

mgmhunt

@Jakub1199 looks like mipmapping and anisotropic filtering. You will most likely need to introduce LoD object models to cater for zoom levels and distance from camera rather than relying on a single high resolution object which will affect performance.

aer0ace, Jakub1199 and Zante like this.
  27. Jakub1199

Jakub1199

Alright, I solved my problem by an accident. So I was messing around with LOD and anisotropy levels for terrain materials, and then I've changed "pixel" error from 5 to 1 and it was a solution for my problem.

To be honest at first I haven;t even supposed that the probelm was beeing generated by the terrain itself :v
    But happily everything is fine :)

@mgmhunt Thanks for replying!

mgmhunt likes this.
  28. Sphelps

Sphelps

Still no URP Support moving on to Crest. It's been 6 months since you talk about URP support with no ETA.

29. mick129

mick129

I just bough Aquas and the visual is great but I'm worried about the optimisation and doing some test I have found something weird.

If Aquas is started at the beginning of play mode, the FPS cost is really high, but if I leave is disabled and then activate it during play mode, the fps cost is much lower. Anyone here have an idea of why it happen?

This is an example with the profiler

First portion is with Aquas enabled on hitting play mode
    Second portion is if I activate it during play mode (same visual and no other changes between both)

Edit: closing the reflection don't solve anything but I have added a coroutine and if it wait +- 2 second before activating the ocean I gain around 25 fps.
    Doing it on start change nothing so the coroutine is really needed.

upload_2020-12-18_12-8-53.png

Last edited: Dec 19, 2020
  30. Xammex

Xammex

hi my water ist Pink what is wrong??

Attached Files:

31. Magic73

Magic73

Pink colors => wrong shader settings. Are you using URP? if so, Aquas doesn't support it yet.

32. Jakub_Machowski

Jakub_Machowski

Is that forum still allive cause I dont see answer from @dogmachris , Still will leave my question here

We divided our river into small chungs for optimization. Normals are proper in connection places, but still we see lines when using aquas shader, Is there any way to make it smooth?
    upload_2020-12-29_20-49-50.png

33. SickaGames1

SickaGames1

34. jnbbender

jnbbender

Is this package still being updated? I was having an issue with The name AssetDatabase does not exist in the current context but found the solution in the Publisher Reply of the Asset Reviews section 1 YEAR AGO! The publisher said this would be fixed in the next update 1 YEAR AGO. Is Aquas still a relevant package?

35. jnoelcook

jnoelcook

Just purchased AQUAS Water/River Set a week or so ago and just got at it the past couple days. After first floored, amazed, but I am running into many problems. I see this is an old version. First major problem is that I create a smoking awesome shader, which looks great in SCENE view...

upload_2021-1-2_17-59-23.png

But then in game view it is 1)A not transparent and 2) does not show the second color,

upload_2021-1-2_18-0-1.png

Then the materials folder is problematic it seems. Sometimes the thumbnail in one place looks like the shader I created, but in the older just below it shows just the single colored version as in game view...

upload_2021-1-2_18-1-39.png

At one point the game view just showed black (empty) water while in scene view phenomenal. I needed to delete the material and copy the uncorrupted file from another project.

Is there an upgrade somewhere?

Thanks!

Last edited: Jan 2, 2021
  36. jnoelcook

jnoelcook

Nevermind. I just went an upgraded to 2020.

37. Zimnel

Zimnel

I just got this error today while trying to setup caustics in an Aquas Waterplane (using Unity 2020.1.6, standard). When I press the "add underwater effects" I'm supposed to get a "static boundary" object in the Aquas Waterplane hierarchy.

I receive a console error instead of that and the boundaries object is not appearing at all:
    https://postimg.cc/1VqRRHJJ

Ideas? : )

38. dsilverthorn

dsilverthorn

Might want to email him.
    He hasn’t been here in a while

Zimnel likes this.
  39. Zimnel

Zimnel

Will do, I hope he returns around : )

40. dsilverthorn

dsilverthorn

I looked him up yesterday and it showed he had been in the forum but he didn’t leave any comments or answers.
    Not sure what’s going on, I hope he is ok.

Zimnel likes this.
  41. Zimnel

Zimnel

Me too, let's hope for the better.

42. dogmachris

dogmachris

Hey there, sorry I didn't yet reply, it seems you are using an orthographic camera, is that so? If so, orthographic cameras have difficulty resolving distance, because of a lack of depth, that is usually what is causing this effect. Have you been able to fix it in the meantime?

43. dogmachris

dogmachris

That is indeed quite weird. AQUAS would normalls only attach the boundary object as a child object of your waterplane, I can't think of much that could fail. Please try reimporting AQUAS 2020 as it is and see if it suggests any replacement. This is to make sure, the asset hasn't been somehow compromised.
    Also for testing purposes, you may want to try setting up the water with the setup wizard in a simle scene with only one terrain in it, to check if that works.

P.S.:
    @Zimnel @dsilverthorn I'm okay, just swamped with a baby boy and an awesome project, I will hopefully be able to announce soon. :)

44. dsilverthorn

dsilverthorn

Awesome news!
    Congrats!!

45. Zimnel

Zimnel

Will try as you say. Congrats on the new member of your family :D I'm glad you're ok : )

46. Zimnel

Zimnel

I erased the old aquas plane and redid it. This time the wizard had no problems. Now I have an issue with the camera, but is related to the fact that I'm using a third person character and the camera motor from Game Creator. Trying to get that sorted atm, but the issue with the caustics object not being added is solved : )

https://postimg.cc/hztkdrBb

47. Zimnel

Zimnel

Console error messages solved by trying different camera / camera motor settings.
    Main camera tags main camera and the camera controller is camera motor.
    Camera motor targets the player and is main camera motor.
    In the Aquas waterplane, camera lock script has to go just after Reflection script and Main Camera is targeting Main Camera.

This way I got it to work : )
    https://postimg.cc/681jPXJR

Last edited: Jan 23, 2021
    dogmachris likes this.
  48. Zimnel

Zimnel

49. SawyerK

SawyerK

Hi!
    Is there a way to make the water look better without the reflection script? I cant use the Aquas Reflection script because its too much of a performance hit. I use aquas with Gaia and Enviro Light. What is the shader specs that you guys use to make it look a little bit better?

50. SickaGames1

SickaGames1