Search Unity

AQUAS Water/River Set - Water & Rivers for Mobile, VR, Web, Desktop

Discussion in 'Assets and Asset Store' started by dogmachris, Jan 8, 2016.

1. Aress28

Aress28

i think fix is just go in that script and add "using UnityEngine" if u use Visual studio then when u open script and select error line it should offer u fix it by auto adding things what is missing :)

FullMe7alJacke7 likes this.
  2. dsilverthorn

dsilverthorn

The camera switcher script is for the demo, so you can delete that script.
    I don't think you want to delete the post processing stack. At least I would not.
    I deleted the camera script and that fixed it for me.
    good luck!

3. EdVanGennip

EdVanGennip

Hello. I am new to AQUAS. I have a ship with 2 cameras. One on the deck to see in-front of the ship and above sea level. One camera mounted on the bottom centre of the hull to see underwater so one does hit underwater obstacles.
    When I play the game and move the 'underwater' camera under the water then both that camera and the main camera, which is above water, both take on a blue colouring, as if both cameras are under water. The main camera should not change the way it appears as it has not moved, it remains above the water. Does anyone know why both camara's appear to be under water? Are they connect somehow that I can disconnect?

4. jwvanderbeck

jwvanderbeck

Like to echo this same question. This asset doesn't appear to have been updated for a long time, so not sure if that is going to change or not? I desperately need a good water solution for an HDRP project and none of my existing water assets seem to work, including Aquas.

5. SickaGames1

SickaGames1

Has @dogmachris left the building? Its been months and we have not heard anything about the update that he was supposed to get out.

6. dsilverthorn

dsilverthorn

I hope he is ok.
    But it has been over a month since he has been seen in the forums.

An update on the update would be nice. ;)

SickaGames1 likes this.
  7. SickaGames1

SickaGames1

dsilverthorn likes this.
  8. dogmachris

dogmachris

Still alive everyone!
    Let me apologize for my rather long absence lately, it's been crazily busy times these last couple of weeks and I was barely ever at the desk, except for e-mail support.
    It's only cometics left for the update now and if everything goes well I'll have it finished this weekend. I'll be back on later to adress some of the requests here on the forum.

Sorry again for the long absence, I'll be sure to be on the forum on a daily basis now.

9. ibyte

ibyte

@dogmachris Any suggestions on this error. It still persists
    Screen position out of view frustum (screen pos 0.000000, 0.000000, 28748.875000) (Camera rect 0 0 256 256)
    UnityEngine.Camera:Render()
    AQUAS_Reflection:OnWillRenderObject() (at Assets/AQUAS/Scripts/AQUAS_Reflection.cs:100)
    UnityEngine.GUIUtility:processEvent(Int32, IntPtr)

Currently using Unity 2019.1.9f1

Edit - searched back to my previous post on this and followed the yellow brick road. The solution was to close the scene view and open a new one. Problem solved like magic.
    https://forum.unity.com/threads/screen-position-out-of-view-frustum.9918/

Last edited: Jul 12, 2019
  10. Zimnel

Zimnel

I've been reading the thread and I was also concerned about the Camera Switch Script and the Camera position errors on a brand new scene with just Aquas in it (using Unity 2019 + post processing stack v2).
    I've deleted the conflictive script, but new (clearable) errors arise stating I lack a postprocessing layer and a profile.

Can't this script be fixed in any way?

I've seen the author is working in Aquas 2.0, but before we get that it would be nice to be able to sort out this script issue.

11. dogmachris

dogmachris

You can safely delete the script from the scripts folder. It is only for demo purposes in the editor and is not otherwise required. That should fix the issue. The script will be removed from the package anyway.

12. Zimnel

Zimnel

Thanks for the very fast response :D Nice, so that error will be no more!

Edito: Just found this fix given by the user Camta005:

Just a matter of adding this simple sentence (using UnityEditor;) in Visual Studio :D

Last edited: Jul 12, 2019
    FullMe7alJacke7 and camta005 like this.
  13. MarceloASG

MarceloASG

Hi, I'm having a problem with the water, it disappears when the camera goes away on the android.

14. dogmachris

dogmachris

Can you deactivate your UI and see if that makes any difference? Are you using a separate camera for your UI or is your UI rendered with the main camera? Last question: is there a transparent object between the camera and the water?

15. dogmachris

dogmachris

This will be tricky with the way AQUAS currently works. It is because AQUAS uses the global fog for underwater effect which meas that once triggered, it applies to the scene itself, not the individual camera and thus will be visible for all cameras. As of yet, there is no way to change this (at least not easily). With the updated the underwater effects will be applied per camera. I will submit it this week.

16. dogmachris

dogmachris

Sorry for the late reply - have you downloaded the latest version of AQUAS from the store? It should be 1.5.4 r2. The error with the AQUAS_CameraSwitcher.cs script might come up even with the most recent version, but the others should be gone. The AQUAS_CameraSwitcher.cs script can be deleted safely - it is only meant for demo purposes in the editor and not in an actual build.

17. dogmachris

dogmachris

With the current version, AQUAS will definitely break if you move your project to SRP. The current update that is scheduled to be submitted this week will not yet support SRP, but the next step is SRP support - as of yet though, I'll have to admit, that AQUAS has no SRP support.

tcourbet likes this.
  18. dogmachris

dogmachris

Will send you the wake effect later today.

19. dogmachris

dogmachris

The upcoming update won't feature physical waves - they'll be featured in AQUAS Ultra. That is just because flat waters and oceans with physical waves are targetting entirely different platforms, environments and performance levels.

20. dogmachris

dogmachris

@mikeNspired Realtime reflections in VR generally work as long as multi-pass rendering is enabled. When using single pass stereo rendering realtime reflections will always show an offset that is noticable and makes the reflections look wrong. I was not able to find a solution to this, since the problem seems to be inherent to the Camera.Render() method in Unity - it cannot consider single pass stereo but treat any object of the Camera class as a simple camera - thus multi-pass works, while single pass does not.

Last edited: Jul 15, 2019
  21. dogmachris

dogmachris

Don't delete the demos, delete only the AQUAS_CameraSwitcher.cs - does that help?

22. dogmachris

dogmachris

@OldLegWig I'm afraid that is not going to be possible. The water would look odd on something like a sphere, because then it would absolutely require shadows to work on its surface - which it does not support (yet) because it is alpha-blended. The upcoming version will support that (at the cost of performance), but that will only go for the water surface, not for the caustics - I don't see how you could project them 3-dimensionally.

23. dogmachris

dogmachris

Have you sent me an email regarding this? I don't think this is a bug, there really is a considerable difference in the rendering of colors depending on the color space chosen. Did increasing contrast and intensity of the foam as well as the changing of the Main water color and the deep water color do anything to get better looking results?

24. dl290485

dl290485

I'm using Aquas at the moment to make a game that's underwater. I like the bubbles and the water distortion (although I had to remake the wet lens so it didn't bubble in the middle).

However one thing I am wondering; Are the bubbles Instantiated or Pooled?

I can't program myself (I use PlayMaker instead) so can't just look at the script to see the answer. I'm hoping it's recycling from a pool though, not just straight creating an object from the project library.

25. dogmachris

dogmachris

Bubbles are instantiated prefabs based on given parameters - may I ask what you are trying to achieve?

26. dl290485

dl290485

I'm making a mini game for a bigger game. In this (3d rendered) mini game you watch the fish travel from one side of the screen to the other, so it's a bit like just watching a side of a fish tank, if the fish only travel side to side and not on the Z plane away from the camera.

So yeah, just so it doesn't look like you are watching fish flying through the air, it's good to have some distortion and effects going so you can go 'yeah, it's underwater'.

I'm also going to incorporate the wet lens by the mini game ending with the camera going to the surface.. just because it looks cool to see the camera with water on it.

I realised I said wet lens before when I meant underwater lens. I changed the underwater lens to stop things looking like they bubble out when they cross the middle of the screen. I switched the circular image for an even colour so there is no bubble zone to stretch objects in.

27. chenyiyi118

chenyiyi118

This works for me!!! Thank you!!!

camta005 likes this.
  28. Kandy_Man

Kandy_Man

I think they're asking if you're using object pooling on the bubbles gameobject which would be better for performance rather than instantiating and destroying repeatedly

29. RR7

RR7

Hi yes, but happy to discuss it here for everyone's benefit.

i'm not sure its a bug either, it just appears whatever it happening to make it look nice simply isn't working in linear space.

I didn't just expect it to be the same without tweaking, my issues is I cant seem to make it the same with any tweaking.

I've created an example attached picture with exaggeration by using a white ambient light ,-1 intensity, yellow sand, default aquas colours.

in gamma space, you get a nice green between the yellow of the sand and the blue of the ocean as the cyan mixes with the yellow.

linear seems to ignore the yellow when deciding how to color the shallow water, I've tried to force it green as you can see but it wont work, changing the fade enough to get the green makes the rest of the ocean green too. there is no way to get a smooth fade.

foam intensity is not a problem, cranking that up sorts that out.

hopfuly you see what i mean now, and if anyone can tell me what i'm doing wrong so i cant get the effect, please do :)

Attached Files:

30. MagiSoftworks

MagiSoftworks

Question - Does Aquas Standard with with Map Magic Infinite Terrain?
    Thanks!

31. MarceloASG

MarceloASG

I did the tests again and the water keeps fading like it's moving down

32. dl290485

dl290485

Yes, this is exactly why I asked. With the camera sitting under the water so long, I don't want the performance issue that may occur from straight instantiating the objects and destroying them repeatedly.

As far as I know, the 'proper' way to do it is to pre-load a set number (the pool) then simply recycle through turning them on and off, not destroying them or instantiating new ones.

33. dogmachris

dogmachris

@dl290485 The bubbles are not preloaded, they yre instantiated and destroyed at runtime. The reason is, that the spawning system is built in a way that relies heavily on randomness to create a more natural feeling. The amount of bubble however can be controlled using the spawn timers in the inspector of the UnderwaterCameraEffects.
    I may move away from that though and instead use a particle system for spawning the bubbles.

34. dogmachris

dogmachris

I can't tell this from looking at your material parameters, but send me a PM, I'll be happy to look into this together with you if you're up for live support. :)

35. dogmachris

dogmachris

Generally yes, there are no dependencies between MM and AQUAS that would cause any conflicts, but AQUAS itself is not inherently infinite at the moment and makin infinite water with it as it is, is - I'm sorry to say - a bit tricky (you'd have to work with relocating water tiles). The update that I am going to submit this week however will feature infinite water using world-space UVs.

camta005 likes this.
  36. camta005

camta005

Awesome! I'm using Aquas with Map Magic too.

37. dl290485

dl290485

Yeah I know what you mean on the one hand, but on the other, as far as I'm aware (in my non-expert capacity) this is wrong. Not just talking about the theory though, I can tell you one thing 100%:

Your bubbles slaughter the FPS

To test this out, I turned the timer on the bubbles to 100, so they pretty much won't spawn. This gives me 380 to 400 fps when left just sitting for 5 or 10 minutes. With the bubbles on your default setting, the scene rapidly drops in less than a minute, so by no later than 5 minutes the FPS has dropped to about 115 (all viewed in the editor and stats there), and even with that, still somehow looks jagged in movement.

It's either the actual bubbles themselves which cause this drain (on my i7700k + 2080ti + 16 gig ram), or it's the erosion to performance caused by instantiating repeatedly.

Kandy_Man likes this.
  38. MagiSoftworks

MagiSoftworks

Great! Good to hear. I have both Aquas and LITE version which I use and just drop a water plane in for now.

39. ibyte

ibyte

Is anyone using Aquas with VRTK Version4? My teleport pointers are colliding with the bubbles in the underwater mode.

40. ibyte

ibyte

@dogmachris Having some issues with my VR scene and Aquas. I have two real time spot lights and one point light. I have disabled all other scene lighting. The caustics projectors are very bright and illuminate geometry under the water. Not sure what to change on the settings.

Please see this video. https://www.dropbox.com/s/phd1o9v0r330qu7/Caustics.mp4?dl=0

The scene is a essentially a box with some steps leading up from the floor to the water surface and some more steps just above the water surface leading over to a platform. The spot lights are near the ceiling at the rear of the space and the point light is just above the carpet.

41. dl290485

dl290485

Stuff like that is why it's always better in general to make your own as much as possible.

However, does that template (or what ever you would call it) allow you to set ignore layers? If you were making it yourself, what you would do is set the bubbles in to their own layer, then when you raycast you would cull that layer.

Actually, come to think of it; do the bubbles have a collider? A work around could be to take that out, then presumably VRTK won't interact with them (though of course the bubbles won't interact with anything else too).

dogmachris likes this.
  42. Karan90

Karan90

How do I set up Aquas? The videos and manual are complete to no use at all. Any helpful guide would be much appreciated.

43. lorddanger

lorddanger

When I use aquas it takes up about 30-40 fps, that means when using Aquas I have 25-30fps and when the waterplane is disabled it go up to 60-80 fps

But on the store page there is a mobile demo which run smoothly at 60fps, can someone help me what I have to do to make it optimize?

44. gghitman69

gghitman69

disable reflection aquas

dogmachris and SickaGames1 like this.
  45. lorddanger

lorddanger

Can you point me to where I can find it?

46. N1warhead

N1warhead

@dogmachris : Hope you're having a good day/night.

I have a question.
    About 2 months ago I ran into something online sorta just passing by and can't seem to find it again.

It was talking about a way to make the realtime reflections more efficient.
    Essentially it was a couple lines of code that made it capture the reflection at the start of the game and then turn off the realtime reflections leaving only the initial capture. I have hundreds of thousands of trees in my game and hundreds of thousands of Game Objects (rocks, bushes, etc), so reflections are needed, but realtime constantly updating every frame I don't need.

I have Aquas Lite by the way.

dsilverthorn likes this.
  47. dogmachris

dogmachris

The bubbles shouldn't have a collider component on them. If they do, Please remove it (from the prefab!!!). Does that solve the issue?

48. dogmachris

dogmachris

Have a look at the UnderwaterCameraEffects object. In the inspector you can adjust the intensity of the caustics.

49. dogmachris

dogmachris

Uhm, which videos did you watch? The video on the AQUAS quick setup goes pretty much step-by-step through the setup process using the quick setup window. If you cannot find the video, I'll be happy to send you a link.

50. dogmachris

dogmachris

There is a reflection script attached to your waterplane. Disable it.
    There is a checkbox in the material settings called "Enable Reflections" - uncheck it.

Does that work?