Search Unity

AQUAS Water/River Set - Water & Rivers for Mobile, VR, Web, Desktop

Discussion in 'Assets and Asset Store' started by dogmachris, Jan 8, 2016.

1. camta005

camta005

For anyone that's interested the fix was to add using UnityEditor; at the top of Aquas_CamerSwitcher.cs

aquas.png

2. devstudent14

devstudent14

Hello. Thanks for the great asset.

I was following the tutorial on rivers on YouTube and noticed that the import options for textures have changed since you made the video. I cannot see a 'texture' option or a 'true color' compression option. My flow map still has ugly artefacts as a result.

3. xking3

xking3

Hi there. Thanks vermuch for your fast replay on the Using Editor thing.
    Not there seme to be two more bugs. Frist and most important. With the version 2019 it is not possible switch refelctions off. I tried everthing. Messrender Refelction Probes off... not working. Shader Reflections on off.... not working and Refelction intensity 0-1... nothing....

The second thing. The Caustics Projector seams only to work on terrains. Not Planes, not Cubes...

I tried everthing with the new version, made empty project. added steam vr, added probuilder and aquas... nothing else. and it did not work....

4. SickaGames1

SickaGames1

5. pierre92nicot

pierre92nicot

Hi, is there a way to get Aquas working with aura 2 ?
    Thanks

6. Shodan0101

Shodan0101

I have a feeling something awesome is coming ;)

dogmachris likes this.
  7. dogmachris

dogmachris

Have you been watching @TheMessyCoder stream? :D

Last edited: May 20, 2019
    Shodan0101 likes this.
  8. dogmachris

dogmachris

To my knowledge, there shouldn't be a problem with realtime reflections when using multi-pass rendering. I cannot speak for every possible VR setup and gear, but rest assured, that you're taking no risk, if it doesn't work with your setup - just hit me up, if that is the case.

9. dogmachris

dogmachris

Sorry for the delay,
    yes there was an issue with the underwater effects not showing in the build. I have submitted an update for that and it went live sometime during the sale (1.5.4. r2). Have you updated to that? Please do so, in case you haven't already, and let me know, if that solves the issue. It should have been limited to 2018.2 and above, but please let me know, if the updated version still doesn't work correctly.

Shodan0101 likes this.
  10. dogmachris

dogmachris

@camta005 Thank you for pointing that out, I didn't realize, this may be an issue.
    @Kandy_Man do oyu have terrain tessellation on by any chance (from CTS or so)?

11. dogmachris

dogmachris

What was it?

12. dogmachris

dogmachris

The caustics work on everything, the thing is only, that I kinda screwed up when making the shader, I took the object UVs to display the caustics on, which of course gives you wrong tiling. If you set the tiling of the caustics to be very small, you'll see them on objects too, but then they'll be huge on the terrain. This is unfoprtunate for the time being, but I've changed the UV layout of the caustics to be in world space, so in the next update this is going to be fixed.
    Sorry for the inconvenience.

As for the reflections: Could you explain what happens, when you try to turn off reflections?

13. Shodan0101

Shodan0101

Hahaha awesome Interview dogmachris! Cant wait ;D

dogmachris likes this.
  14. dogmachris

dogmachris

Ah, that's the old one, not the one from last saturday. :)

Shodan0101 likes this.
  15. Shodan0101

Shodan0101

Last Saturday? Ok this I need to see! ;D

16. SickaGames1

SickaGames1

I missed it. Did you mention when the update is coming?!

17. creat327

creat327

Can you please revise performance for mobile devices? I paid for Aquas and I've never used it because on mobile is too slow.
    I'll give you an example, create a scene only with Aquas plane. Remove the terrain, so it's only water plane, a camera and a directional light. Set the shader to mobile/Opaque. Not even the transparent one. As far as I know that should be the fastest correct? Although I've tried all of them. Now, for a kick disable reflections. Remove all the related scripts so basically it's only a 1 color shader with 1 texture and no rendering to texture cameras. Remove caustics, underwater and anything extra. I mean, I can't think of any other way to make it even lighter. The water looks like junk with some bumpiness, but hey, it should be fast.

aquas.jpg
    I load on an old android phone I have with android 5.1.1. It renders at 24/28 fps.

Now, I download the FREE community ocean https://github.com/eliasts/Ocean_Community_Next_Gen
    Create a demo project, with medium quality shader. It actually looks fantastic when I run it on editor and it has full blown waves and all, with foam and all the jazz.

ocean.jpg
    It renders at 36/38 fps.

Seriously, what gives? 1 solid color shader with no foam or 3d waves vs a pretty good looking water with 3d waves, buoyancy and shore lines. Aquas I wouldn't be able to add anything else on the scene with so little performance left. The community shader I have it integrated on a multiplayer flight simulator and it runs at 24 fps when all scenes are loaded. That's the speed that I get with Aquas with a single water plane.

I think it really needs a look at the shader. Hey, even get the community ones that are open source and free and see if you could integrate it or learn something from there. It's so much faster.

18. xking3

xking3

Ok so for now i will just wait until the update is out and let the caustics off for the moment.

Well the reflections don‘t react at all. If i set the value high you can see the milky shimmer. And if i set the value to zero the shimmer is gone but the reflections stays. It makes also no difference if i activate the reflection or deactivate it. I also tried to disable the reflection probe. Nothing. There is always a reflection. Its just not possible to turn it off.

19. dogmachris

dogmachris

Have you also disabled the AQUAS_Reflections.cs script in the inspector?

20. Kandy_Man

Kandy_Man

I wasn't using CTS so unless terrain tessellation is on by default then no I don't think so

21. ibyte

ibyte

Does anyone have Aquas 1.5.4 and Unity post processing 2.1.6 working with VR Single Pass Instanced support?

22. xking3

xking3

ähm no. sorry to ask, but how can i do that?
    Unbenannt.PNG

23. xking3

xking3

there is also no script in the object. Unbenannt2.PNG

24. xking3

xking3

I checked your lake demo and saw that you have aquas_reflection script and render queue in. So i addet these.
    Then i unchecked the reflection script. the funny thing is, that in editor mode you can see the change. but as soon you hit play the reflection is there. as if the reflection would come frome some other place or setting!?

Attached Files:

25. DavidBVal

DavidBVal

I updated to latest version and still underwater fog doesn't seem to be workingin build, or at least it doesn't work the same as editor. anything I may have missed?

Editor:

Build:

Last edited: May 23, 2019
  26. dogmachris

dogmachris

No, tessellation depends on the terrain shader that you use, if you're using the standard terrain shader, there is no tessellation (there is also no shader displacement by default). Shoot me a PM, I might have to take a look at it myself.

27. dogmachris

dogmachris

What is it, that does not work? SPSR has only limited support with AQUAS, because of realtime reflections, the rest though should work. Can you share a screen shot of what you see?

28. dogmachris

dogmachris

Is that so in the demo scene or in your own scenes? In your own scenes do you have multiple water planes or only one? If you have multiple waterplanes that use the same material, make sure, that all of the reflection components are disabled or else the material will get the input from multiple sources.

Does that help?

29. SickaGames1

SickaGames1

Status update on the upgrades?

dsilverthorn likes this.
  30. mostlyhuman

mostlyhuman

I am using Unity 2019.1.4f and have the Postprocessing stack v2.1.6 installed through the package manager. When I import Aquas I am getting a lot of errors mainly related to post processing and am not sure how to fix them. Thanks in advance for any help!

31. tcourbet

tcourbet

Hi!
    Sorry if that was asked before (I searched the last few pages, but latest update I could find was from april) but what is the status regarding HDRP?
    I'm planning on moving my project over to hdrp and I was wondering if everything water related was gonna break :)
    Thanks!

32. toto007

toto007

Hi @dogmachris,

I'm evaluating the purchase of your plugin and I I'm interested in creating a foam effect of both waves and collision with boats. So the waves in your plugins have a foam effect that I can adjust?

I also wanted to ask you if you can pass me the particle system that you have use with boats so I can understand how Integrate it. MY email is billyball85_at_gmail.com

Thanks

33. dsilverthorn

dsilverthorn

@toto007 - just so you are aware, Aquas is a flat water system, so no real waves. But very nice flat water.;)

dogmachris likes this.
  34. SickaGames1

SickaGames1

I thought that the huge update that everyone is waiting for has all of these features?

dsilverthorn likes this.
  35. dsilverthorn

dsilverthorn

I hope so. I'm more wait and see nowadays.;)

36. xking3

xking3

There is only one water plane an no other reflection for water in the scene. I have tested an empty scene added vr and then did what you did in your youtube video for pools and ponds. Same problem.

I have now deled the pool water and aquas from my project and will try to readd later. hope the problem will solve it self....

37. Needle0

Needle0

After making the previous post, I made the plunge and purchased AQUAS. However, as I feared, VR reflections are not stereo correct on Unity 2017.4.11f1+, similar to how it breaks on every single other reflection asset/shader/script I could find on the web. The reflections on the left and right eyes render with weird offsets, not fusing into a coherent stereo image. I just opened the demo scene directly without tweaking anything aside from turning off the camera depth-of-field postprocessing, so I don't think I am setting it up wrong either. Trying the same scene with Unity 2017.4.10f1, however, makes the reflections look fine. (This being a stereo eye fusion issue, I don't have a good way to take screenshots for this.)
    I double-checked the XR settings to see it is set to Multi-Pass. This happened on an Oculus Rift.

This is quite baffling! I am quite stumped by this, but nobody else online appears to be. Every single asset I try fails stereo correct reflections, and the only surefire way to make it work again is to go back to 2017.4.10 or lower, but I am forced by project requirements to use 2017.4.11 or higher.

38. Korimaru88

Korimaru88

Do reflections not work with VR at all or is there something I need to change?

Looks fine in the editor window.

39. fabricadegame

fabricadegame

Thanks,

40. Needle0

Needle0

Regarding the incorrect stereo fusion issue, I think I found the cause for it: Unity 2017.4.11f1 (and also Unity 2018.1.b5) introduces asymmetric FOV rendering into Oculus headsets, making the left/right projection center offset slightly from the screen center. This matches the behavior I am seeing (images offset incorrectly across L/R eyes in the headset), and their documentation specifically mentions that image effects may break: https://developer.oculus.com/blog/tech-note-asymmetric-field-of-view-faq/

Unfortunately, there doesn't seem to be a way to disable asymmetric FOV.
    Can there be a fix for this issue so AQUAS works on Oculus?

41. wheelbarrow

wheelbarrow

I just imported the latest version on the asset store (1.5.4) into 2018.3.4f1, and get the error message about the assetdatabase:
    Assets\AQUAS\Scripts\AQUAS_CameraSwitcher.cs(29,122): error CS0103: The name 'AssetDatabase' does not exist in the current context. I thought this was fixed? Apparently not, how to fix please. Cheers.

42. dsilverthorn

dsilverthorn

I’m pretty sure that is just for the demo scene. So it can be deleted.

dogmachris likes this.
  43. wheelbarrow

wheelbarrow

Thanks for the reply, but it made no difference when I re-imported without the demos, the error is still there.

44. Hexaedre

Hexaedre

Hi,

Do your water works with non-horizontal water planes ?
    I am making a game with gravity mechanics and I want to have waters on the 6 orientations of cube's faces. If it is possible, with caustics and underwater effect.

I am working with Unity 2019 hdrp. Is the hdrp compatibility complet ? If not, what is missing ?

Cheers

owen_proto likes this.
  45. RR7

RR7

sorry if I've missed this elsewhere, but the ocean water looks great in gamma colour space, but it looks rather bad in linear and I cant seem to get it to look the same regardless of any settings. am I missing something or does it not work properly in linear?

Attached Files:

46. mikeNspired

mikeNspired

I cant get it to work in VR either on mixed reality. I just have reflectioned disabled.

Can we get an idea of when the light weight pipeline is going to be released? My project is on hold waiting, and I check this forum everyday. Just a ballpark idea of how long? So i can take a break from daily checking?

Needle0 likes this.
  47. owen_proto

owen_proto

I'm also interested in this feature.

48. SickaGames1

SickaGames1

dsilverthorn likes this.
  49. enchantedloom

enchantedloom

I just had the same problem, but it's just because the script is lacking "using UnityEditor;" Add that at the top and it will compile.

50. sadicus

sadicus

How exactly to delete: "UNITY_POST_PROCESSING_STACK_V2"
    Are we not suppose to use PPSv2? I'm told to delete it to avoid this error:
    Assets\AQUAS\Scripts\AQUAS_CameraSwitcher.cs(29,122): error CS0103: The name 'AssetDatabase' does not exist in the current context

then this error happens:
    Assets\AQUAS\Scripts\AQUAS_CameraSwitcher.cs(29,122): error CS0103: The name 'AssetDatabase' does not exist in the current context

"CTS_PRESENT;AURA_IN_SCENEVIEWECT;AQUAS_PRESENT;UNITY_POST_PROCESSING_STACK_V1;CTS_PRESENT;AURA_IN_SCENEVIEW;UNITY_POST_PROCESSING_STACK_V2;AURA_IN_PROJECT

after selecting and deleting PPSv2....it keeps coming back.