Search Unity

AQUAS Water/River Set - Water & Rivers for Mobile, VR, Web, Desktop

Discussion in 'Assets and Asset Store' started by dogmachris, Jan 8, 2016.

1. dogmachris

dogmachris

To be perfectly honest, I'm with you on this one. Unity is becoming harder to support with multiple post processing versions and different rendering pipelines. This is why I'm moving away from the post processing stack to get at least that out of the way.

PicturesInDark and hopeful like this.
  2. dogmachris

dogmachris

Unforntunately I am not experienced using ADB. I have always only made an apk build, copied it to the phone and installed - worked.
    But it seems to be a rather general issue, at least this is what this thread in answers suggests.

3. dogmachris

dogmachris

So @Everyone, it seems AQUAS is having trouble with Unity 2019 (which doesn't really coma as a surprise to me, considering what a ride it was, to get AQUAS working with Unity 2018). I am not yet sure whether this is limited to projects in which AQUAS AND Enviro are imported or if AQUAS alone is having issues.
    Since I am only a few weeks from launching the newest update (which I'll test with Unity 2019 before I launch), I am not sure how much hotfixing I will do before, but if there are srious issues that need to be addressed at once, that is of course what I will do.

Shodan0101 likes this.
  4. rickblacker

rickblacker

I just tried this and my Unity terrain disappeared. All my assets are still there, but the terrain itself just does not show up anymore.

Unity 2018.3.11f1

EDIT
    My problem is probably something else. I tried opening up a project that I created back in Unity 5x. I got everything working I thought. Then I tried update Aquas, that's when things seemed to go south, and I noticed the compile error. But, something else probably messed up my terrain.

Last edited: Apr 24, 2019
  5. volak_

volak_

I found I was having AQUAS-related performance issues in 2019 - looking forward to the new version!

As far as unity v unreal I dont know guys, I remember the same kind of grumbling when unity 5 came out. Pre-release stuff is going to be a pain to work with with any product, it just takes time to settle down esp after all the big changes they're pushing for this SRP stuff

6. zenforhire

zenforhire

Have searched forums but have problem with mobile shader on android platform.
    It's like the water is not there. The PC platform water works
    editor shows Android <DX11 on DX9 GPU> ?
    My config 2017.4.3.f1
    Windows 7 - dxdiag shows dx11
    gfx 1050 - supports level 12
    Edit / Graphics Emulation / No Emulation
    Mobile/Single-Colored

7. ivabibliocad

ivabibliocad

I'm using Aquas latest version, just updated it.. the latest version according to the asset store is from December right??

8. krahvaal

krahvaal

Is an ETA of the next stable release known at this stage, a ball park figure?

9. ibyte

ibyte

For the most part AQUAS seemed to be working with 2019.1 but now I cannot get rid of this message unless I delete the water object.

Screen position out of view frustum (screen pos 256.000000, 0.000000, 53971.437500) (Camera rect 0 0 256 256)
    UnityEngine.Camera:Render()
    AQUAS_Reflection:OnWillRenderObject() (at Assets/AQUAS/Scripts/AQUAS_Reflection.cs:100)
    UnityEngine.GUIUtility:processEvent(Int32, IntPtr)

10. ibyte

ibyte

So I went and recreated my project in 2018.3.12 and have the same issue

Screen position out of view frustum (screen pos 256.000000, 0.000000, 14232.701172) (Camera rect 0 0 256 256)
    UnityEngine.Camera:Render()
    AQUAS_Reflection:OnWillRenderObject() (at Assets/AQUAS/Scripts/AQUAS_Reflection.cs:100)
    UnityEngine.GUIUtility:processEvent(Int32, IntPtr)

Help?

I use AQUAS quick setup with a simple flat unity terrain object and the Standard Assets FPS controller.

11. ceebeee

ceebeee

I just tried the latest version of Aquas in 2019.1.0f2 and it works perfectly fine for me. So take that for what you will. Maybe it's more related to Enviro as you mention. (I tried it with both PPV1 and PPV2, no real difference)

dogmachris likes this.
  12. ceebeee

ceebeee

This is a unity problem, not an Aquas problem. there's suggested solutions for resetting the camera and scene view here:

https://forum.unity.com/threads/screen-position-out-of-view-frustum.9918/

and here:

https://forum.unity.com/threads/solved-screen-position-out-of-view-frustum.60851/

dogmachris and camta005 like this.
  13. cfunk712

cfunk712

I'm trying to integrate AQUAS with GAIA LWRP with no luck. Anyway to do that with the most current version?

14. SamRock

SamRock

Does this asset support Shore Lines.. does the white foam forma when water meets land or splashes with an obstacle?

Need quick reply - wanna finalize the purchase the asset today!! Thank you! :)

15. ceebeee

ceebeee

I think all the videos and pictures on the listing are pretty clear:

No foam. it's a lake/river asset, not an ocean asset.

16. SamRock

SamRock

Thanks! But WHYyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy?? :'(

Gaia keeps talking about this all time.... all the demo I seen are Sea/Ocean scenes. :'(

17. ceebeee

ceebeee

If you want an ocean, try Crest, it's pretty amazing. (and free, and definitely has foam):
    https://github.com/huwb/crest-oceanrender

18. SickaGames1

SickaGames1

19. dogmachris

dogmachris

Please check if the AQUAS_Camera.cs script is attached to your camera object. It's required to enable depth rendering in forward rendering mode which is otherwise disabled by default.

20. dogmachris

dogmachris

AQUAS does not currently support SRP, it is in the making, but I have updated the asset store description to highlight that there too - it should be live on monday or so.

21. dogmachris

dogmachris

Shoreline foam is featured, shoreline effects such as waves rolling on to the beach are in the making, but not yet available.

ftejada likes this.
  22. dogmachris

dogmachris

Hi Sam,

a water that is declared to be ocean water works by different standards with different requirements. For instance it requires a certain vertex density at least close to the camera, which AQUAS does not, because it is flat and leaves capacity free for other calculations (performance question). Also it does not need to simulate water waves, which can be simplified to certain degrees, but realistic looking physical waves have a serious impact even on mondern day graphics cards. AQUAS being flat saves you that kind of performance impact.
    Not having physical waves also removes the need for foam caps, because they make no sense on calm water.

That being said, I don't mean to say that physical waves are a waste of performance, but they're much better suited to an environment that consists MOSTLY of the water and of only little else - e.g. making multi-tile terrains with a lake that must however have small physical waves that are simulated would indeed be a waster of performance imho. However, if you are looking to build an environment that is mostly ocean and you don't care all that much for performance, AQUAS might indeed not be the right thing for you - please shoot me a PM if that's the case.

23. dogmachris

dogmachris

So @everyone, I have decided to upload a version before the release of the update, to patch up some stuff especially since there seemed to be some problems with Unity 2018.2 - 2019. The update should be live on monday or tuesday, the changes are small and it is only to bridge the gap until the release of the new version.

SickaGames1 likes this.
  24. SickaGames1

SickaGames1

Great news! Does that mean it maybe a little longer on the update

25. dogmachris

dogmachris

No, the major update is not delayed by that. It is only to avoid major problems while AQUAS is on sale.

26. Needle0

Needle0

Hi,
    I am looking for water shaders that can do correct reflection in Android mobile VR (Oculus Go), on Unity 2017.4.11f1 and later. I have access to several water/reflection shaders that work fine right up to 2017.4.10, but it seems there was some change that had been made in 2017.4.11 that made reflections offset incorrectly across the left and right eyes. This is both on Single AND Multi-Pass. I have not been able to find a way to make VR water reflections work in any version of Unity after 2017.4.11, be it later versions of 2017.x nor 2018.x, but due to work circumstances I cannot stay on 2017.4.10.

Reading the FAQ of AQUAS, it says it will have incorrect offsets on Single-Pass but will work fine on Multi-Pass. Is this true even with Unity 2017.4.11 and beyond? (I am OK with using Multi-Pass; What matters is the Unity version.)

27. tntfoz

tntfoz

Hi, I'm contemplating buying AQUAS for use in a VR environment/game.

Please can you confirm if it has SPSR support and also Single Pass Instanced rendering support?

My current (and likely final!) setup is Unity 2018.2.21f1.

Thanks.

28. ThatsMaik

ThatsMaik

Hi there,

first of all - thanks for the great asset.

Im running into the problem that the underwater effects are not visible once my game is build. They work fine in game view within Unity but once built and running, they not working anymore. I can see the postFx such as the camera distortion but no underwater fog for example.

Any idea what could help?

I tried already putting everything in the Resources folder and also try to force the shader to be include by standard.

EDIT: Looking at the reviews in the asset store it seems im not the only one with this issue...

Last edited: May 6, 2019
  29. SickaGames1

SickaGames1

@dogmachris Hi Chris! Is the new version of AQUAS still slated to be released this week? Thanks again!

30. ChrisMaster

ChrisMaster

Hi Sir,
    I have a problem small problem with your water, after importing I get this worning:
    1) Assets\AQUAS\Scripts\AQUAS_CameraSwitcher.cs(28,125): error CS0103: The name 'AssetDatabase' does not exist in the current context

Moving it to editor folder doesnt do the trick :)

And there is another problem I cannot resolve.
    2)Caustics are not showing up in my project.

3) Underwater fog color not responding, desity is working.

Unity 2019.1
    Gaia extension
    CTS extension
    Enviro extension

Would you be so kind and point me in to the right direction what might cause the problem and how to resolve it?

Thanks in advance.

Last edited: May 7, 2019
    Deleted User and fabricadegame like this.
  31. creat327

creat327

any chances you can update the android apk with current shaders? I've seen way better looking water on games than the one used on that apk and running faster. I think it hasn't been updated or looked at for a while. Lot of us do mobile development for games and having a nice looking and fast water is mandatory

32. viveleroi

viveleroi

Trying out Aquas with the first person character asset.

When I go underwater, the effects work - except there's an odd shift on the left and right sides, almost like two different regions.

I used the quick setup window. Unity 20191.f1 Personal, AQUAS 1.5.4

EDIT: I also had the "AssetDatabase" error (but manually added the import), and caustics/fog appear to be missing too. I didn't notice those but since others mentioned it I am.

EDIT2: Given these issues I'll just assume the asset needs updating for unity 2019. I've taken it out but am eager to get it back in once I get a reply/see an update.

Last edited: May 10, 2019
  33. MagiSoftworks

MagiSoftworks

Hi Nick, Love Aquas. Downloaded new version AQUAS 1.5.4 on Unity 2019.1 with just Gaia - I know your working the changes to 2019 but any quick idea on this ? Thanks!
    AquaScript1.PNG

34. Alakryon

Alakryon

Hi,

For the 1) issue with the Camera Switcher script, the solution is to edit the first lines of the script like this (or you can simply delete the whole script):
    #if UNITY_EDITOR
    using UnityEditor;
    using UnityEngine;

About the 2) and 3) points, I have exactly the same issues, no caustics and underwater fog does not appear at all, and the related controls do not do anything.

Last edited: May 9, 2019
    Team21Dev, dogmachris and viveleroi like this.
  35. Kandy_Man

Kandy_Man

So I'm not sure whether the problem I am having is Aquas related or Enviro related, but I'm trying to setup Gaia, Aquas and Enviro together. I sort out my terrain, add Aquas water and everything is fine. I add the underwater effects and all I get is a black screen, no errors, no errors when playing, just a black screen. If I don't add the underwater effects, then when I add Enviro I get the black screen then. I've left a similar message on the Enviro thread but thought it worth mentioning here too. I'm on Unity 2019.1.1 running Windows 10 in bootcamp on a 2015 Mac book Pro. Not sure if this is something I'm doing wrong or if it's an issue with the assets so if anyone can help that would be grand :)

36. Alakryon

Alakryon

I also got that black screen when I used Gaia and Aqua together. it is because Gaia adds it's own version of underwater post processing module to the user camera, and Aqua also adds it's version. You should remove the modules that gaia added to the camera, and let only the Aqua post processing stay there.

dogmachris likes this.
  37. Kandy_Man

Kandy_Man

I thought that might be it when I used the quick steps in Gaia so the next time I used the advanced tab and added everything individually. I deliberately left out water and post processing on Gaia and still had the issue. I'll double check this when I get home tonight though in case I missed something

dogmachris likes this.
  38. ChrisMaster

ChrisMaster

I had the same problem(black screen) when using Gaia, Aquas and Enviro, I removed something that Gaia adds and its working, dont remeber what thought, sky? water? and post processing, but not 100% sure.

dogmachris likes this.
  39. MagiSoftworks

MagiSoftworks

Hi, Did you download the latest version of Gaia- They added some options in the GX. Try removing the Ambient Skies with the button that came with the newer Gaia version.
    If you still want to use the Gaia post-processing you can re-enable that now with the GX buttons under
    Procedural Worlds > Ambient Skies Samples > Post Processing > Default Morning / Default Day, etc.
    Hope that helps!

Attached Files:

dogmachris likes this.
  40. ade72

ade72

Hello all there. Any estimated time, when AQUAS will be compatible with LWRP? Thank you in advance!

d1favero and BrandStone like this.
  41. Kandy_Man

Kandy_Man

Thanks for the tips about the post processing conflicts. I removed the underwater stuff that Gaia adds and Aquas started working straight away. After adding Enviro it went black again and if I disable Enviro Post Processing script that get added to the main camera everything comes back. Are they the correct ones to remove? I would have thought Enviro Post Processing would be the one I would want to keep but I can't see any other component to disable that gets rid of the black screen

Edit: I got a response on the Enviro thread. No need to remove Enviro Post Processing, "please disable the "Render To Camera Target" option in "Post Processing Layer". That option will break all image effects using "OnRenderImage". They really should disable that one from default and let users activate it if they want..." Everything looks great now, thanks for everyone's help :D

Last edited: May 11, 2019
    dogmachris likes this.
  42. ChrisMaster

ChrisMaster

Thanks for sharing. One question:
    Do you have caustics?

43. Kandy_Man

Kandy_Man

I'm not sure what that is but this is what my scene looks like

Attached Files:

44. SickaGames1

SickaGames1

45. ChrisMaster

ChrisMaster

Rays from the sun under water on the ground. Google Caustics. I belive you dont have it either, after looking at the screenshots.

46. Kandy_Man

Kandy_Man

This is what the same scene looks like when the camera is underwater and no I don't see any kind of sun rays. I didn't know I was supposed to see them. I guess this Gaia/Enviro/Aquas integration isn't completely solved after all :(

Attached Files:

47. camta005

camta005

Caustics don't show if 'Draw Instanced' is checked in the terrain settings (which is a Unity issue), so it's worth checking to see if that is the problem.

48. Kandy_Man

Kandy_Man

That helped a bit. I can see them now but they are very feint and seem to just be flickering in and out very quickly

49. Steampunkgears

Steampunkgears

So I am having a issue when I import Aquas into a new project where I might of just imported other assets like gaia or procedural worlds stuff and I see it pop up fine under window. but after I restart unity and open my project back up all my none of my assets show up under window or GameObject. Im not sure if this is a on going issue but I have been spending a few days trying to figure it out. If I install aquas in a fresh project and no other assets it sticks. but if i have gaia,gena and a few others already it jacks up my menu and nothing from those assets shows up. I am using unity 2018.3.14f1 . I included a screenshot of when I just imported and after I restart unity. any help would be appreciated. thanks in advance
    -------------------------------
    before.PNG after.PNG

50. Steampunkgears

Steampunkgears

nvm someone from gaia discord helped me fix it.