Search Unity

AQUAS Water/River Set - Water & Rivers for Mobile, VR, Web, Desktop

Discussion in 'Assets and Asset Store' started by dogmachris, Jan 8, 2016.

1. Kirshor

Kirshor

Hi @dogmachris,
    I purchased your Unity asset: AQUAS Water/River Set
    When I test on android mobile with mobile shader, the result is different from Unity Editor, view those images, please.
    What should I do now?

Device:
    Android 5.1.1
    Samsung galaxy J1
    Shader 3.0

Tested with all mobile shader and had the same results.
    Using Unity 2017.1.1f1
    AQUAS version 1.4.2

Attached Files:

Last edited: Nov 26, 2017
  2. radiantboy

radiantboy

Ah it works I had forgotten the aquas_camera script on my camera.

dogmachris likes this.
  3. danteswap

danteswap

Thanks For Your Valuable Time I Will try To Do What you Directed and Will Post here With The Result ,In the Mean time Thank you

dogmachris likes this.
  4. mostlyhuman

mostlyhuman

I am creating a streaming world and am trying to figure out the best way to integrate aquas in a streaming/tiled workflow, is it possible to use square instead of round/oval water planes and connect them together and still have it look smooth? any ideas or solutions are appreciated. I will have oceans, lakes and rivers. Cheers.

Last edited: Nov 26, 2017
  5. mack178

mack178

I also just got it on sale, and have not been disappointed! Slight issue though, that I'm having trouble correcting.

The underwater cam is causing the expected blur and bubbles, but the fog is not appearing. Am I missing a step to get the fog working?

6. emotionhub

emotionhub

Image.png

hi, I'm using AQUAS LITE.
    Creating a VR content, such as a screen shot, is happening.
    The shore option does not seem to work, can you help me?
    Note: Unity version 5.6.1f1 (64bit), build option PC.

7. dogmachris

dogmachris

The suggested approach should barely eat up any resources at all. Using multiple planes doesn't impact the performance of AQUAS as long as they all have the same material. Different water materials on planes in the same scene are a different story, but as I understand, that's not what you're after.

8. dogmachris

dogmachris

Okay, still it will probably do no harm, if you remove it for now. The only thing it does, is it removes the AQUAS define in the defines list (project settings), so if you have to delete AQUAS, just make sure to delete that define too. I'm still busy with the update, that will fix this. It's gonna take some days though.

9. dogmachris

dogmachris

You can spawn the character of course, there's a thing however you have to take care of. In the inspector of the UnderWaterCameraEffects object there's a list with all the waterplanes in the scene. An instanciated gameobject will have nothing in that array, so you'll have to write a script, that sets the correct array size (e.g. 1 if you have only one waterplane in the scene) and add that waterplane to the array. It's required to know when the camera is underwater.

10. dogmachris

dogmachris

Which Unity version are you using?

11. dogmachris

dogmachris

Interesting. The color is different too. Please try increasing the foam contrast to an unnaturaly high value. If that doesn't make foam visible at all, try setting the foam visibility to 1. That should make the rest of the water "invisible". Also make sure to have the quality settings to something high, just to make sure, that maximum texture resolutions are not the reason for this. Does any of this help?

12. dogmachris

dogmachris

Uh, to be honest it doesn't look quite the way it should in the editor either, but I'm not sure what the reason for this may be. I've had invisible water on mobile, but it never showed opaque. You do have realtime lighting in the scene, don't you? Also make sure your quality settings are not at a level that crunches the texture resolutions too heavily. Does that do anything?

13. dogmachris

dogmachris

You could make water tiles:

But you'll need a script to reposition them to have the center one always be below the camera. AQUAS doesn't currently have world space UV mapping, so that would be the only way.

14. mostlyhuman

mostlyhuman

Are you going to have world space UV mapping in version 2?

Cheers.

15. Kirshor

Kirshor

Hi @dogmachris,
    Some information for you:
    1/ Used 1 realtime Directional Light
    2/ Quality setting: texture = full res

However, With the same setting, when I test on another device (Samsung Galaxy Note 10.1 (2014 Edition)) it's OK.
    May your shader does not work with Samsung galaxy J1?

16. Dragonlord_DRM

Dragonlord_DRM

Many thanks for your reply.

My scripting knowledge is rather limited at this time and I am not quite sure how to do this.

Would you be able to provide a C# script example?

Kind regards,

DL

17. Jakub_Machowski

Jakub_Machowski

I will contact you by e-mail soon then :)

18. dogmachris

dogmachris

In version 2 I won't have much other choice - which is actually what kept me busy the entire November. :D

19. dogmachris

dogmachris

It may, though I haven't seen this before and the phone's chipset is common too, so if there was issue with that, I would probably have heard by now - except of course, if it's the first gen Mali 400 from 2008, which I find hard to believe.

Does this behaviour occurr with ALL mobile shaders, even with the opaque one?

20. dogmachris

dogmachris

Yes, send me a PM.

21. Kirshor

Kirshor

Yes, ALL mobile shaders have the same problem like that.

22. mostlyhuman

mostlyhuman

For some reason my water plane no longer renders in the scene view on the top side of the plane, i can see the bottom side of the plane if i rotate under neath it though, and both sides always render in the game view, any guesses on what the culprit might be? Ive tried a lot of different ideas and just cant get the top of the plane to render in scene view anymore.

23. SSL7

SSL7

Hello @dogmachris , any ETA on Aquas 2.0? :)

Wanted to ask you what is the best way to have water with Aquas in a large world (8x8 1k terrains), should I have 1 big water prefab that covers all world, or smaller planes where it needs them? performance-wise.

24. MFKJ

MFKJ

Hi AQUAS Team,

Nice Water effect package but one thing I want to task that, in your demo there are boats with splash effects. Is this effect also included in it ? How can i do this? because i didn't find any tut or script.

Thanks

25. mattis89

mattis89

Hello!

Where did I see some tutorial about applying fog on the water? When enviro or some weather asset didnt apply to aquas water...

26. cygnusprojects

cygnusprojects

27. shamsfk

shamsfk

Hi!

I'm getting my console spammed in editor with this:

NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object
    AQUAS.AQUAS_RemoveDefine.OnWillDeleteAsset (System.String assetPath, RemoveAssetOptions rao) (at Assets/Editor/AQUAS_RemoveDefine.cs:17)
    System.Reflection.MonoMethod.Invoke (System.Object obj, BindingFlags invokeAttr, System.Reflection.Binder binder, System.Object[] parameters, System.Globalization.CultureInfo culture) (at /Users/builduser/buildslave/mono/build/mcs/class/corlib/System.Reflection/MonoMethod.cs:222)
    Rethrow as TargetInvocationException: Exception has been thrown by the target of an invocation.
    System.Reflection.MonoMethod.Invoke (System.Object obj, BindingFlags invokeAttr, System.Reflection.Binder binder, System.Object[] parameters, System.Globalization.CultureInfo culture) (at /Users/builduser/buildslave/mono/build/mcs/class/corlib/System.Reflection/MonoMethod.cs:232)
    System.Reflection.MethodBase.Invoke (System.Object obj, System.Object[] parameters) (at /Users/builduser/buildslave/mono/build/mcs/class/corlib/System.Reflection/MethodBase.cs:115)
    UnityEditor.AssetModificationProcessorInternal.OnWillDeleteAsset (System.String assetPath, RemoveAssetOptions options) (at /Users/builduser/buildslave/unity/build/Editor/Mono/AssetModificationProcessor.cs:226)
    UnityEditor.ProjectBrowser:DeleteSelectedAssets(Boolean)

AQUAS still function ok, but this is annoying, what to do?

28. mattis89

mattis89

Adam respond to me that it is a aquas bug.. go into define symbols in player settings and remove any mention of aquas...

29. shamsfk

shamsfk

Thank you!

30. mattis89

mattis89

Hahaha oops I didnt realise that I was on the Aquas forum :D But I think my information is still correct!
    Sorry for any !

dogmachris likes this.
  31. Kirshor

Kirshor

Hi @dogmachris,
    Is there any way to solve the issues?
    Thank you

32. Kojote

Kojote

I have the same mistake as shamsfk.

I have done. Unfortunately, Aquas is always registered in the players. The bug is not solved with me unfortunately.

Is there another problem solution?

33. mattis89

mattis89

34. mattis89

mattis89

Is there a way to use this for split screen? ( coop)

35. wigglypuffs

wigglypuffs

On UFPS Aquas requires 45 FOV for underwater effects. However, my UFPS camera is defaulting to 60 FOV and is "stuck" on 60. This causes the lens effects when I enter and exit the water not to cover the entire screen. If I ask UFPS to always set the camera to 45 FOV, then it works. How do I solve this so I can choose any FOV for the camera I desire without causing issues when entering the water? Thanks.

36. mattis89

mattis89

The developer is on a vacay I think.. havent seen him in a while...

37. ftejada

ftejada

hi @dogmachris

I'm trying to make a scene with lighting the spheres in the water like the one he did in the Aquas trailer. I love that scene

I have tried several things but I do not get such good results. Could you tell me what configuration he used in the spheres and Water? emissive material ?, points of light?

Bolas Iluminadas.jpg

Another question: When do you expect to have the new version of Aquas with waves and other features?

regards

Last edited: Dec 18, 2017
  38. boysenberry

boysenberry

Hi there,

I am using the full version of Aquas for my water needs. I am creating multi-terrain scenes and am wondering if you have a suggested best practices with how to setup water planes for a 4x4 1k spread of terrains. While I was getting everything setup I just made 1 large (via scaling) "ocean" for prototyping. Now I am ready to implement a better solution though. I assume a scale of 300000 on X,Y and Z is too large (and am seeing studdering in the waves right now).

I am attaching an example island so you can see that there is inland water as well.

Given the setup as shown in the picture, what would you suggest is the best way to create and manage aquas?

Capture.PNG

39. mostlyhuman

mostlyhuman

For some reason the water plane has stopped rendering in Scene view when there is a unity terrain underneath it, if I extend the plane beyond the terrain I can see those edges of it, just not the part directly above a terrain, everything looks correct in the Game view regardless, any ideas what might be causing this?

40. boysenberry

boysenberry

You need to turn off ISO, I forget about it all the time, hehe. :)

dogmachris and hopeful like this.
  41. mostlyhuman

mostlyhuman

Doh, thank you so much!

hopeful and boysenberry like this.
  42. basil3

basil3

Hi,

Having an issue with the underwater lens. Basically at full screen I get an issue were the water lens seems to have a strange border to the left and right (as though it isn't big enough). But if I go to a smaller resolution, say 16:9 or 16:10 it is no longer there? Are there min/max values set somewhere for the effect? 1st image is the one with the issue.

Any help or pointers would be appreciate - I have tried a few things but can't seem to pin it down :(

Thanks,

Ste.

AqBordered.jpg Aq16-9.jpg

43. dsilverthorn

dsilverthorn

Hi

I'm having a repeating issue with Aquas showing up over the billboard trees. If I remove the billboards then the trees are in front but I lose FPS.

Please let me know how to fix Aquas so it renders behind the billboard trees.

Thanks in advance!!

David aquas render error over billboard trees.JPG

44. wigglypuffs

wigglypuffs

This is the problem I had. If I set the FOV of the camera to 45 it fixes it. But, this is not a proper solution.

45. dsilverthorn

dsilverthorn

Thanks!
    I've seen that too and just accepted it. :(
    I want a large FOV for wide screen immersion. But it could be a temp fix until we get an answer.

Last edited: Dec 19, 2017
  46. basil3

basil3

Hi,

Ok so it seems a few people have had this issue. You are right the FOV of the camera does fix this issue but I like the FOV I have (65). There must be a way to fix this though as it should just scale to screensize.

@dsilverthorn - Not sure if this helps, but I had a similar issue with some underwater plants that rendered in-front of the water shader. Have a look around google for 'Rendering Order' of the shaders. This thread might help:

https://answers.unity.com/questions/232641/transparent-shader-water-showing-over-billboard-tr.html

Ste

boysenberry likes this.
  47. dsilverthorn

dsilverthorn

I'll check it out. Thanks!

48. Migueljb

Migueljb

Anyone figure out if the latest 2017.3 fixes the single pass rendering depth issues in VR?

49. dsilverthorn

dsilverthorn

Possible solution: issue with Aquas showing up over the billboard trees

I heard from Chris, Aquas creator, about the tree billboard being blocked by water.

Here is his response:
    • "have a look in the inspector of the waterplane. There's a render queue editor, that lets you change the render queue at will. Default is -1 which uses the value defined in the shader (3000). If you set it to something like 2800 it should solve the issue. Use this feature wisely though, since manipulating the render queue might result in undesired effects."

I replaced -1 with 2800 and it did work. But I'm keeping an eye on it and keeping fingers crossed that it doesn't cause any problems in other areas.

50. basil3

basil3

Hi,

I have been messing around a bit more and it seems it is something to do with the distortion material that is being applied. Workaround is below for those who don't mind having no distortion (I actually quite like it without).

For now I have removed distortion by setting it's value to 0 and then changing some of the post processing settings (un-ticked grain to remove) and then change the depth of field settings to achieve the below. Happy with this for now until a solution can be found for adding distortion!

FullScreen.JPG

My settings:

LensMat.JPG

SettingsTwo.JPG

Settings.JPG

Ste.