Search Unity

AQUAS Water/River Set - Water & Rivers for Mobile, VR, Web, Desktop

Discussion in 'Assets and Asset Store' started by dogmachris, Jan 8, 2016.

1. MikeyUchiha

MikeyUchiha

Hi Dogmachris, In order to improve performance I need to create a two camera setup for Unistorm. Tutorial is located here http://unistorm-weather-system.wikia.com/wiki/Tutorials

However, when I try to look at the Aquas water it starts sweeping the view back and forth. I think it has to do with the fact that I need to set the main camera to Depth Only. Not sure how to resolve the problem with a two camera setup.

2. Belagar

Belagar

For globalfog error you have to make it public class in the script.... open up globalfog and in the first part you will see class globalfog you have to put public infront of it. Public class globalfog

dogmachris likes this.
  3. StevenP94

StevenP94

Hi @dogmachris, I've just purchased your amazing asset and I have a couple of questions:
    a) Is it possible to have the parameters that you used for the city river in the demo scene ? It looks very similar to what I need for my game and having them as starting point could speed up my developments.
    b) I'm working on a 3rd person game, any hints on how to change underwater effects to have a player that make bubbles and have some splash when player walk/run on the shore ?
    Thanks in advance.

Shodan0101 likes this.
  4. melissaartist

melissaartist

Hi, I just also purchased your amazing asset, But are having problems with an error, looked thru the forums
    Assets/AQUAS/Scripts/AQUAS_LensEffects.cs(69,5): error CS0122: `UnityStandardAssets.ImageEffects.GlobalFog' is inaccessible due to its protection level

I'm new to unity any help would be great... Thanks in advance for everyone's help

5. hoodoo

hoodoo

Hi @melissaartist - Welcome! - see above in the thread for the GlobalFog fix. Search for "GlobalFog" in the Project Window search field, then click on the C# GlobalFog.cs. In this file add public to the class declaration so it looks like "public class GlobalFog : PostEffectsBase".

dogmachris and Shodan0101 like this.
  6. gamezuv

gamezuv

Hi sorry for the late respones. Few posts earlier I said that the shaders are not working for android in unity 5.60b4. Currently Only 'Opaque' shader works . When I use any other mobile shader the mesh is invisible on mobile but visible and works fine when I play in unity editor. Kindly help. And could you please tell me which one is the fastest performance wise because I am running it on mobile.

7. Steve-Tack

Steve-Tack

Hi all, just wanted to post a heads up for anyone using FlowMapPainter to create river flow maps as described in the river tutorial for AQUAS:

There appears to be a bug in how FlowMapPainter handles images, but because it's consistent, I think it's like two bugs that cancel each other out.

If you pay close attention to the original reference river image in the tutorial video and how it shows up in Flowmap Painter, you'll see that it's flipped horizontally and vertically. Left is the river reference image, right is FlowMapPainter:
    https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u...S/RiverRefVsFlowMapPainter_AQUAS_Tutorial.png

I played around with it on my own river and it was much more obvious on that one (FlowMapPainter on the left, original image on the right):
    https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/28342849/Unity_misc/AQUAS/03_RiverReferenceRefVsFlowPainter.PNG

At first I flipped the reference image in both directions in Photoshop, thinking that would be a good way to get around the bug. But it looks to me like the same bug flips the image when outputting the flowmap, so you're back to the original orientation. :)

So you can use FlowMapPainter as-is, just don't get confused by what you see like I did. :D

magique and dogmachris like this.
  8. melissaartist

melissaartist

Thanks I will give it a try....

9. AndyNeoman

AndyNeoman

Hi @dogmachris

I am still needing assistance with the fog issue with Unistorm. Since Unistorms update the issue is now slightly different, it seems both assets fight for control of fog color but this leads to a flickering of the screen as it changes between colors. Back to my original question last week really until there is a fix. How can I disable Aquas trying to control fog in global fog script?

I use deferred lighting unity 5.5 and at the moment Unistorm and Aquas are incompatible unfortunately.

Edit, this flickering only happens when underwater camera effects are added to camera. But the flickering happens at all times - not just when underwater.

Last edited: Jan 31, 2017
  10. dogmachris

dogmachris

If the water is invisible in the build, it's usually because the AQUAS_Camera.cs script isn't attached to the camers - is that the case?

11. dogmachris

dogmachris

Thanks a lot for the heads-up! :) :)

12. dogmachris

dogmachris

I've attached the reworked script. In the inspector there's now an option to tell AQUAS whether to handle fog when afloat or not. If you uncheck that, AQUAS will only handle the underwater fog and stay away from the fog setting whenever afloat.
    Now all you'd have to do in turn, is to tell Unistorm to stay away from the fog setting, whenever the camera is underwater.
    That should do the trick.
    Does this help?

Attached Files:

AndyNeoman likes this.
  13. AndyNeoman

AndyNeoman

That's fantastic, thanks.

I think that should be exactly what I need. I will give it a try.

14. gamezuv

gamezuv

No . The script is attached to the camera. When I change to mobile-opaque I can see the mesh. But any other mobile shader makes it invisible.

15. ZhavShaw

ZhavShaw

Hey there!
    I was wondering if Aquas was capable of creating somewhat rough waves, almost like Ceto Ocean / PlayWay could?

Shodan0101 likes this.
  16. RPowers

RPowers

Hi. I'm working on a game in vr and Aquas works well, although I found that reflections show differently to the right and left eye. I have to set the Reflect Layers to Nothing in the Aquas_Reflection script otherwise you get a very strange sensation from the right and left eye seeing slightly different reflections. Is there some setting I can change to fix this or has this issue just not been addressed yet? I'd love to see water reflections in vr as it really adds to the look. Thanks a lot.

17. Magic73

Magic73

Hi, I'm plannig to buy this asset. It doesn' support Windows Phone.. what do you mean? windows phone 8, or Universal Windows Platform?
    If it works with UWP, it should work even with Windows 10 Mobile... or not? (ex: any Surface...)

18. Angry-Hobbit

Angry-Hobbit

Thank you for this Asset! I love it! I just bought it today! Also thank you for the video tutorials for how to set up and use it! ;):)

kurotatsu, dogmachris and Shodan0101 like this.
  19. dogmachris

dogmachris

Hi there,

the opaque one is the fastest on mobile, but the downsides are clearly visible. I'm sorry I can't figure out why the water shows invisible on your devices. Does this only happen with Unity 5.6 or with other Unity versions as well?

20. dogmachris

dogmachris

I planned to include physical waves, but for the moment I can't say if and when. THe thing is, that I created AQUAS with performance in mind (for mobiles originally). Then when I thought about waves there were only a few options, only one of which is acceptable for me quality-wise. The thing is, that great assets with FFT waves are already out there, so I'm really not quite sure, if it's worth the effort at this point.

21. dogmachris

dogmachris

Hey there,
    no this is unfortunately not just a simple setting thing. It occurs, when you try to use realtime reflections with SPSR (you get the same reflection image for each eye, which looks weird.). There's been attempts to solve this script-wise, but I think this is a Unity issue rather than an AQUAS issue, since all realtime reflections seem to be affected.

22. dogmachris

dogmachris

Well... I can guarantee you, that it's gonna work on the Microsoft surface book. :D
    Jokes aside, I think windows 10 should generally be supported in all its forms.
    Windows phone however is not supported (and probably never will be).

23. dogmachris

dogmachris

Very much appreciated. :) :)

kurotatsu likes this.
  24. creat327

creat327

I'm trying to search it and it's not mentioned on the main page. The boats with trails are included on the asset? I mean, on the tech demo there is a portion of racing boats that leave a trail behind and splashes all over. Is that included?
    And is that possible also on the mobile shaders?

25. RPowers

RPowers

Bummer. Ok thanks for the response.

26. StevenP94

StevenP94

Hello, any hint to get splashes for 3rd person player walking on the shore ?
    Thanks in advance.

wahyuway and Shodan0101 like this.
  27. dogmachris

dogmachris

Hey there,
    the boats and the trails are not included in the asset package. Unfortunately I'm not allowed to share the boats, but I can indeed send you the splash effects.
    Keep in mind though, that the splash effects have been created and adjusted to work with the scene from the video specifically, so to fit your needs, they're probably gonna require quite a bit of tweaking. I can send them to you, but I cannot offer support.
    If you're nonetheless interested, just drop me a PM.

28. dogmachris

dogmachris

I'd go with particle effects.

29. JBT27

JBT27

I had a global fog setup working. Then imported Aquas, and the Exclude Far Pixels toggle stopped working - the skybox remained covered in fog. I re-imported the Standard Assets, and that fixed the global fog problem, but Aquas now reports this compile error:

Assets/AQUAS/Scripts/AQUAS_LensEffects.cs(69,5): error CS0122: `UnityStandardAssets.ImageEffects.GlobalFog' is inaccessible due to its protection level

Aquas is not in the scene currently. This is Unity 5.5.0p1 on Windows 10.

If I reimport Aquas, it fixes the compile errors, but breaks global fog again.

Last edited: Feb 9, 2017
  30. weasel47

weasel47

The Aquas package includes a version of the GlobalFog script. Maybe it's an older version?

You should try this:
    Reimport the Standard Assets
    Reimport Aquas, but uncheck GlobalFog.cs so that it doesn't overwrite that.
    Then you can fix the compile error by following these instructions (from the Aquas documentation):

31. JBT27

JBT27

Thanks very much. Well, I've done that, so I believe - the reimports in the order listed, then the edit to the script, but my first test yields the errors shown in one of the screengrabs, and the game view shows the terrain above and below the camera, complete with fog.

I'm going to go round again, but I've already tried twice and this is what happens.

Attached Files:

32. JBT27

JBT27

Just tried a third time. I don't have the frustum errors but the terrain in game view is the same messed up, almost mirrored, view that I had before.

33. Discord

Discord

Going crazy here. My water plane is above the bottom of my terrain, but it's rendering like its below. See below.

I've tried changing the Render Queue Index with no luck.

It used to work fine. Then it just stopped working. I've tried deleting the package and reimporting it without success. Any suggestions?

34. dogmachris

dogmachris

Hey there,

you can import whatever version of Unity's standard assets you'd like to use, just make sure, to make the GlobalFog.cs class public to avoid this issue. The GlobalFog.cs that comes with AQUAS is public by default, but when you reimport the standard assets, it's of course not anymore, so you'd have to make it public manually - sucks, I know, but I'm afraid there's no way to automate that. :S

35. dogmachris

dogmachris

Looks like you've switched to orthographic view mode - when switching back to perspective, doe this solve your problem?

36. Discord

Discord

Oh wow, it sure did. That makes me feel a bit silly, thanks so much.

kurotatsu, Shodan0101 and dogmachris like this.
  37. JBT27

JBT27

Fair enough - thanks very much - I can live with that :)

dogmachris likes this.
  38. cookimage

cookimage

This might have been answered before, I had some errors when bringing Aquas in my project with the two editor scripts, the wizard so deleted it. I copied the water plane from demo to my scene and added in Main Camera and underwater camera under main camera. Water shows great and when my camera goes underwater I see bubble and sound effects but no Fog. Changing the density does nothing. I use forward rendering but changing to deferred does nothing. Any idea what I am missing?

39. AdamGoodrich

AdamGoodrich

Hey Chris, can you either remove Std Assets from AQUAS, or give them their own namespace and ensure that they don't conflict with or overwrite any existing standard assets in the users project.

The public / private issue with Global Fog caused by version of Standard Assets you have included continues to confuse my customers, as it no doubt does others as well. In fact I notice the same issue just a few posts up from here.

I have told the latest person who thinks there is a bug in Gaia how to fix your issue, but suspect he will continue to have a problem as he is new to Unity, so I have referred him onto your web site and will also refer him to this forum.

Jixzer and BackwoodsGaming like this.
  40. JBT27

JBT27

Although I accept what Chris told me to do, if anything can be done as per Adam's comment, that would help enormously, and not just for new folk to Unity. There have been other occasions (not with Global Fog), where reimporting Aquas has fixed a problem that appeared to happen in a scene running Aquas. Again, I am also a beginner with Unity so maybe this is how things are. There are many days I wonder why Unity is called Unity, because it's anything but unified.

I edited the script as described, and at least that odd frustum problem has gone away, also after reimporting both packages again and editing the script in Standard Assets. But the Exclude Far Pixels toggle is still not working for Global Fog.

I use Deep Sky Haze as well, which is fab and doesn't require jiggery pokery, but as in the screengrab, Global Fog produces such a nice volume effect without resorting to Aquas' fake fog effect (which is great anyway, with Deep Sky Haze for one). Although Height Fog seems not to be working either, at least with this simple setup.

GlobalFog_Aquas.JPG

41. MarkusGod

MarkusGod

Hello there, I just began to setup Aquas, like in your "Pool tutorial".
    I have some issue, reflections on water "copy" like window bug in WindowsXP.

When camera is not moving Aquas plane looks great:
    Набросок.png
    But if i try to move camera:
    Набросок2.png Набросок3.png

My current settings:
    Набросок4.png Набросок5.png Набросок6.png

For sky i'm using UNISTORM, and Voxeland for terrain.
    And on character i have 2 cameras setup when 1 camera renders Everything exept sky, and sexond reneders only sky.
    Both cameras switched to derefered rendering, and color space is linear.

PS, soory for my english

UPD, Ok, i am found it, both cameras must render water plane.

Last edited: Feb 12, 2017
    dogmachris likes this.
  42. lezan_

lezan_

Hello,
    there is any know issue with multiples overlapping water planes? I am struggling with some cpu spike lags and seems that the problem come from Aquas:
    - removing all water plane fix the problem;
    - removing all minors water plane fix the problem (main water plane still in scene);
    - removing reflections from all minors water plane fix the problem (main water plane reflections still active);
    - removing only main water plane reflections did not fix the problem (minors reflections still active);
    - removing only main water plane did not fix the problem (minor water planes still in scene).

Thanks.

43. MahaGaming

MahaGaming

i can see the ocean when my trees turn to billboard I been trying to fix this issue for few days now.

44. gamezuv

gamezuv

All right. I am using the opaque shader anyways because its the only one working. Maybe its a shader model issue. I am using the old gles 2.0

45. gghitman69

gghitman69

hi
    great pack the best in asset store

dogmachris and kurotatsu like this.
  46. unitarians

unitarians

Hi!
    I'm really interested in this asset, but I have a few questions:
    - Does this work in VR? Specifically the HTC Vive?
    - Is it possible to create and control waves in this system or is it mainly for still water scenes?
    Cheers,
    Mariam

47. virror

virror

Reflections does not work in VR

unitarians likes this.
  48. dogmachris

dogmachris

Weird. You'd need the GlobalFog.cs script attached to your camera, but this is usually neccessary when in deferred mode only. Do you have the script attached?

49. dogmachris

dogmachris

Try disabling the reflection scripts only and see if that helps. It seems to me, the problem might comes from too many realtime reflections.

lezan_ likes this.
  50. dogmachris

dogmachris

Go to the inspector of the waterplane and change the render queue index from -1 to 2800. Setting it back to -1 will set the render queue to the default value defined in the shader, which is 3000. Careful though, when altering the render queue, it might also affect other objects, that don't use the z-buffer.