Search Unity

AQUAS Water/River Set - Water & Rivers for Mobile, VR, Web, Desktop

Discussion in 'Assets and Asset Store' started by dogmachris, Jan 8, 2016.

1. Asset_Store_Deals

Asset_Store_Deals

Just to let you know we are adding AQUAS to AssetStoreDeals.com.

When you have other sales, you can add them to this website yourself simply by pasting the link to your asset in the designated area.

Congrats on your 1 year anniversary and good luck with this sale!

kurotatsu and dogmachris like this.
  2. hoodoo

hoodoo

Just purchased, thank you @dogmachris for the sale!

I'm planning to use both the ocean and river features. The water tile feature looks really interesting as well. Will be using with Gaia to start with. Do you have a list of planned changes or improvements in future versions?

3. CYBERDAD

CYBERDAD

Hi,

Apparently it seems not to work for VR (cardboard). Any ideas ? I even assigned the Aquas camera script to both Left eye and right eye camera but I am not able to use it. Any tutorial on how to set Aquas for VR (Google cardboard) ?

4. dogmachris

dogmachris

The manual lists some, other than that the next update will likely include particle effects for splashes and ripples.

5. dogmachris

dogmachris

The only issue I'm aware of, when using AQUAS with VR devices is the reflection issue, but that affects really all realtime reflections, not only AQUAS and occurs only when using SPSR.

A 2 camera setup (a cam for each eye) should work. Could you explain in a bit more detail what happens, when you try to use AQUAS?

6. CYBERDAD

CYBERDAD

Could you please provide me the steps I need to set AQUAS for Cardboard (using 2 camera method) ?

7. gecko

gecko

I'm unable to get the buoyancy effect to work -- even in your demo Lake scene, the spheres with buoyancy script on them float in the air, well above the water, and when I drag them so they're half underwater, they still are motionless. In Debug mode, I see a lot of white lines for Show Affected Faces, but nothing is shown for Show Force Representation.

8. Shodan0101

Shodan0101

Hi gecko,

I saw an asset on the store that may help you more with what you would like to achieve? Hope it helps ;)

https://www.assetstore.unity3d.com/en/#!/content/67637

9. olavrv

olavrv

This asset looks great. But I have been trying to find some screenshots / videos showing some higher waves / rougher ocean. Is this possible, and is it possible to see some examples?

10. Abnormalia_

Abnormalia_

Can someone confirm if all effects work with Single pass stereo rendering enabled ?

11. virror

virror

Reflection does not work

12. Abnormalia_

Abnormalia_

OK. All I care for the moment is underwater mode most.

13. MikeyUchiha

MikeyUchiha

I recently started having underwater flickering problems. I believe that it started after I updated to 5.4. I'm currently on version 5.5.0f3 and I've removed and re-added Aquas a few times and still run into the same error. Can someone please assist?

14. dogmachris

dogmachris

Hi there,

I'm not personally using VR devices, so I cannot give you detailed steps, but in General, when you set up AQUAS for one camera to use on a Screen, basically you'd Need the exact same Setup for the second camera when using it in VR with a 2 camera Setup.

15. dogmachris

dogmachris

Hm that's weird. It would only behave so, if the rigid Body component on those objects was set to kinematic. In the demo Scenes it shouldn't - have you checked?

16. dogmachris

dogmachris

AQUAS is actually flat and only produces visual effects on the surface, it doesn't actually have physical waves for Performance reasons. If you need physical waves, you might consider using an alternative.

17. dogmachris

dogmachris

Does this happen only in this Project or in others as well?
    There's 2 lens objects attached to the camera. I think this issue affects the underwater lens only. See if the near clipping plane of your camera is set to something extremely small and if so, could you increase it to something like 0.25 or 0.3?
    Alternatively you could Change the local Position of the underwater lens just slightly away from your camera and resize it to fill the FoV as good as possible?
    Also check if you can see this behaviour when watching through the lens object in the Scene view - it's a bit tricky but would be good to know.
    Please also check the graphics API you're working with.

18. AndyNeoman

AndyNeoman

Hi Dogmachris, I am having a problem integrating aquas and unistorm with regards to using the global fog effect. Aquas seems to lock out Unistorm from changing the fog colour.

Is there any way you could help to allow other assets to use global fog colour when aquas is being used?

19. gecko

gecko

Turns out gravity was set to zero. Dunno why, but not that I've set it to -9.8, buoyancy works. Whew!

dogmachris and Shodan0101 like this.
  20. MikeyUchiha

MikeyUchiha

I was able to resolve the issue by changing the Near Clipping plane to 0.3
    I believe, the problem is that it was causing issues with Unistorm because I had the Near Clipping plane set to 0.5 and that's when the flickering started.

dogmachris likes this.
  21. Abnormalia_

Abnormalia_

It produces same mess as most assets with post effect in Single pass stereo on :(

22. Kusras

Kusras

Hello I have a question, I found that Aquas consumes rougly 6-7ms each frame in culling section to render reflections, Despite 0 pixels of water are visible (it is under terrain) I have set both terrain and aquas as static. But still it renders reflection. Is there a way to render reflections only when water is visible to save performance? above water it is OK, but when water renders reflections and dense vegetation above it consumes even more... 6ms is quite hight number for something what is not visible... it even consumes more then rest of the rendering.

this is even more dramatic in built game ... it consumes 29% of all cpu performance, despite it has no visual effect. Thanks for advice :) P.S. I added OnBecameVisible/Invisible check. but it does not check if other object fully shading water plane... at least it fixed problems when looking on sky...

Thanks for awesome water, despite I modified shader a bit :) (hope once I will buy your rivers it will work together after my changes :D)
    here are the results:

Last edited: Jan 20, 2017
  23. RPowers

RPowers

Hi. I'm having problems getting the water to show. I'm using Aquas 1.3.1 and Unity 5.6.0b4. I tried making a new project and adding the AQUASWater prefab in the scene. The attached pictures are my results. If I move the camera close to the object some water displays. Move it far away and no water shows.

I'd be very appreciative of any help. This asset seems fantastic and I'd love to get it working soon.
    Thanks.
    Aquas1.PNG Aquas2.PNG Aquas3.PNG

24. dogmachris

dogmachris

It seems as if the far clipping plane of your camera is a bit too close. What happens if you increase it?

25. RPowers

RPowers

Far clipping plane is at 1000 so I don't think that's it. In my builds the water works fine, so it looks like it's just messing up in the editor which isn't a big deal for me. Although, it does start working in the editor if I switch to one of the included demo scenes and switch back to my scene. Maybe it's the new unity version, my environment, or my vr setup is messing with it. Weird, but as long as I can build with the water I'm happy.

26. Kiwi-Hawk

Kiwi-Hawk

Kia ora

I have managed to get two levels of lake water working so far with only two issues

One:
    Non-convex MeshCollider with non-kinematic Rigidbody is no longer supported in Unity 5.
    If you want to use a non-convex mesh either make the Rigidbody kinematic or remove the Rigidbody component. Scene hierarchy path "3rdPersonController Instance/3rdPersonCamera/UnderWaterCameraEffects/WaterLens", Mesh asset path "Library/unity default resources" Mesh name "Plane"

The other is with the upper lake, when I run into the water I go quite in quite a bit before O get the under water effect. When I do that in the lower of the two lakes it's instant.

My next trick it to try get an ocean around my Island. I'm thinking I will break things if I don't keep that away from the lakes with a volume or make tiles around the Islands coast

27. gamezuv

gamezuv

Hi, I am working on a mobile project and have aquas. Mobile-opaque is not bright enought without adding light in unity5.6 . Is this suppose to work like this? I needed it to work without lights on my mobile project. It is not getting properly lit with lightmap either.

28. Hormic

Hormic

Hmm i'm wondering if i can get the upgrade price, i own Aqua lite but can't klick on the upgrade button.

29. RPowers

RPowers

I got the water working and it looks great! However I had to turn Reflect Layers to Nothing in the Aquas_Reflection script as the reflections don't look right in vr. I think the left eye is getting different reflection images than the right eye. Is there a way I can fix this or is this not meant to be run in vr?

30. gamezuv

gamezuv

Hi can you add support for unity 5.6 ? Currently the mobile shaders are not working on unity 5.6.0b4

31. AndyNeoman

AndyNeoman

@dogmachris did you get chance to answer the question re global fog? Your implementation seems to block any other plugin accessing the fog color (like unistorm for example) Would be able to fix it so other assets can still change it?

Also can the asset be used with other post processing effects like Amplify or beautify prism etc?

Thanks, Andy

32. Belagar

Belagar

Got a error happening

NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object
    AQUAS_LensEffects.Update () (at Assets/AQUAS/Scripts/AQUAS_LensEffects.cs:400) i have tried the demo and it has same error...my problem is when i put in tenkuko or unistorm i get lag spikes...

any suggestions?

using unity 5.5

download new unity version 5.5.1f and its all playing nice now

Last edited: Jan 26, 2017
    dogmachris likes this.
  33. Dhoren

Dhoren

Hello,

Can you tell me if it is possible to add water to the circled area? I can't seem to make the circular or rectangular water object fit without it bleeding over onto the other side of the mountain.
    AquaIssue PM.png

34. FargleBargle

FargleBargle

You can, but you'll need a 3D modeling app of some sort to create a custom mesh for the lake surface. What I'd do is export the terrain as a mesh, import it into a 3D modeling app, create a plane that approximately covers the area of the lake, and then edit it as needed so the edges are all hidden by the mountains. Basically shape it like the red line in your picture. If you don't have a 3D modeling app, there are several mesh editors available on the Asset Store, which you could use to modify a standard Unity plane. Not sure if they'd mess up the UVs in the process, but maybe worth a try.

dogmachris likes this.
  35. Dhoren

Dhoren

Thanks FargleBargle,

Up to this point I have been trying to use Unity assets to do everything but I am going to give this a try. I found a terrain export script and I installed Blender. Now I just have to learn how to use it ;)

36. Shodan0101

Shodan0101

Hi Dogmachris,

Awesome asset thx so much for all the hard work! I just have a question before i purchase I saw somewhere on the forums that UFPS works with Aquas / underwater fx etc. do you know if its possible that your asset will work with Realistic FPS?

37. Kiwi-Hawk

Kiwi-Hawk

Dhoren likes this.
  38. Dhoren

Dhoren

39. Kiwi-Hawk

Kiwi-Hawk

Kia ora

I was able to make a 3000x3000 plane, subdivided it and cut four out 4 face's that where at the points in the map where my lakes are to I now have an equally faced mesh with a water texture on it. I put the primary and secondary caustic's on and a reflection probe Not sure if theres somit else I need to do, seems the Reflection probe is not changing the water yet

40. dogmachris

dogmachris

Hey there,

you can disable the collider component on the lens objects, they're not really required.

To your second issue: Are your waterplanes of the same shape? Generally AQUAS can work with only one shape to detect whether you're underwater or not, either rectangular or circular (there's a checkbox for that in the underwater settings).
    Usually that's sufficient if you have one lake, but if you have multiple ones with different shapes, that would explain, why the underwater detection fails at certain points. Is that the case?

41. dogmachris

dogmachris

AQUAS requires realtime light to work, since it's dynamically changing.
    You could put the water on a separate layer, use a directional light for the water and exclude all other layers from that light. This way AQUAS would receive realtime light, while all your other objects could have lighting baked to them.

42. dogmachris

dogmachris

Could you explain in a bit more Detail what happens when you try using the mobile water on 5.6?

43. dogmachris

dogmachris

AQUAS shouldn't block out other fog systems, it uses Unity's global fog for underwater mode. Custom fog Systems like the one Unitystorm Comes with usually only Trigger, when Unity's global fog is deactivated, so there may be a bit of a conflict.
    You might have to hack the underwatercameraeffects script to Keep Unity's global fog turned off, so that it doesn't conflict with Unistorms fog. I'll add an option to turn fog off in the inspector with the next update to prevent such conflicts in the future.

Keep in mind though, that since Unistorm's fog will most likely rely on the z-buffer (which alpha-blended shaders of course cannot use), the water might not receive Unistorms fog - use the custom fog option in the material settings to have fog on the water blend in smoothly with Unistorm's fog.

To your second question: AQUAS can generally be used with any post effects. THe only issue I've ever seen with that, was that the water turned invisible when looking at it through the noise&grain effect in a WebGL build, that's all.

44. dogmachris

dogmachris

Take some time for that - quite some time! :D

45. dogmachris

dogmachris

Well FPS systems usually focus around movement mechanics and AQUAS is basically just visual effects (except for the buoyancy feature), so I don't see why the two would conflict. The only Situation in which setup might become tricky, is if realistic FPS has some rather fancy camera setup or so.

46. dogmachris

dogmachris

Seems like you have quite a big water there. Have you played around with the reflection probe's size yet?

47. Shodan0101

Shodan0101

Thx Dogmachris :D Im looking at it now!

48. jakes-du-preez

jakes-du-preez

Im having the same issue on mobile with all the mobile shaders. I have tested this on mali and andreno based phones and the same issue all ocross the board... also this was build with unity 5.5 patch 4 release and still same issue.

49. wahyuway

wahyuway

Hi, i just bought Aquas, and tried to build demo Scene for Android platform. But i got this error:
    For River demo:
    "Shader error in 'AQUAS/Desktop and Web/Double-Sided/River': invalid subscript 'boxMax' at line 302 (on d3d11)"

for Lake Demo:
    "Shader error in 'AQUAS/Desktop and Web/Double-Sided/Triple-Textured Bumpy': invalid subscript 'boxMax' at line 255 (on d3d11)"

And also i got so many error about GlobalFog (I integrated aquas with SkyMaster Ultimate):
    "error CS0122: `UnityStandardAssets.ImageEffects.GlobalFog' is inaccessible due to its protection level"

I use Unity 5.5.0p3
    Any suggestion? Tks

Last edited: Jan 27, 2017
  50. AndyNeoman

AndyNeoman

Thanks Dogmachris, Unistorm actually uses the globalfog effect script too which is maybe why there is a problem.

I mentioned it to the unistorm dev and he said he would msg you to try an find the issue.

How would i disable the fog in aquas for now until the conflict is fixed?