Search Unity

AQUAS Lite v1.0.4 - Affordable Water

Discussion in 'Assets and Asset Store' started by dogmachris, Jan 21, 2016.

1. DizzyTornado

DizzyTornado

I don't have any terrain objects in the scene so I don't think that is the issue.

2. dogmachris

dogmachris

Does it render beneath anything or does it simply not render at all when you're in orthographic and does that happen ONLY in orthographic?

3. DizzyTornado

DizzyTornado

It happens only in orthographic view mode, and it appears the water is rendering under every other object in the scene.

4. Eknoes

Eknoes

Any news on this? I've had the problem with Oculus and Vive. Would be really great to have a solution for this

5. novaVision

novaVision

Hi,
    Can you explain how to fix that errors while my editor scene camera is set to orthographic side view? (Unity 5.5.0p3, MacOSX)
    Code (CSharp):
    1. Screen position out of view frustum (screen pos 0.000000, 0.000000, 11213.462891) (Camera rect 0 0 256 256)
    2. UnityEngine.Camera:Render()
    3. AQUAS_Reflection:OnWillRenderObject() (at Assets/AQUAS-Lite/Scripts/AQUAS_Reflection.cs:73)
    4. UnityEditor.DockArea:OnGUI()

6. dogmachris

dogmachris

I'm not familiar with htis error, but you might want to have a look at this:
    https://forum.unity3d.com/threads/screen-position-out-of-view-frustum.9918/#post-2135387

Does this help?

7. weasel47

weasel47

I just bought Aquas Lite to check it out and will most likely upgrade to the full version (I really like it so far). I'm using it for VR, so add me to the list of people who would like to see it working with Single-pass rendering!

rocky1138 likes this.
  8. Epimolophant

Epimolophant

Is there any chance it works withs procedural meshes?

I had it working well with the prefab, and then with a Unity plane. But with a mesh generated by script it just appears to be very dark (even if the mesh is totally flat).

Thanks.

EDIT: I just found that the mesh.tangents should be calculated or else the shader does not react to light. The problem appears to be solved.

EDIT 2: It worked, but then there's another problem. I wanted to generate physical waves, but it looks like the shader doesn't render things in the right order. I know you only support flat water, so it's OK. But the image should give an idea, in case you or someone else decide to work on this.

Last edited: Feb 13, 2017
  9. Stonext

Stonext

Hi, is there any way to fix this underwater fog problem when using custom fog systems?

Using the Aquas fog works somewhat, but the fog distance, fade and color has to be separately calculated according to camera altitude, sun position and light intensity and it's hard to not make it look disconnected from the fog on terrain.

Thanks.

10. jococo

jococo

Is there any way to change the tiling of the water at runtime?

I have a flight sim I'm working on and when the player gets high above the water the tiling is very bad. Close to the water surface it looks awesome.

It would be nice to adjust the tiling (maybe other parameters?) as the height above the water changes.

Thanks

11. dogmachris

dogmachris

AQUAS Lite does not have distance based tiling. You'd have to choose a tiling value and either stick with that, or change it on runtime via scripting. You can change shader values at runtime as shown in this thread.

12. novaVision

novaVision

Hi. Looks like AQUAS not working in 5.6.1. Just migrated to that version and don't see the water anymore

13. dogmachris

dogmachris

AQUAS or AQUAS Lite? Also do you get any compiler message?

14. novaVision

novaVision

We are used Lite version just for prototyping. No compile errors. Water is just invisible.

[UPDATED]
    Tried to add it to new scene, and that works now. Sorry for disturbing.

Last edited: May 24, 2017
  15. Nitrox32

Nitrox32

I'm using Aquas Lite. I'm not getting any errors but after adding a water plane it has no effect on the terrain. In other words, when I raise or lower the plane the terrain the same amount of terrain of visible. I'm kind of new to unity but I understand the basics. I open the demo scene and the models are white. I also don't see the Aquas Quick Setup tab or the wire frame in the plane like the quick start tutorial shows. I'm also using Map Magic.

Last edited: Jul 11, 2017
  16. Achalesas

Achalesas

Hi, I use Aqua Lite in Unity 5.6.1 and i get heavy reloading Lags in my Scenes. I can reproduce this in a new Scene. The FPS and the Profiler dont show any abnormalities. I use the Water on a small Patch ( one single small Sea ) for testing.
    I have a mid-range PC and SSD's only, i cant use the Water with this Lags. Is there anything known about that?

17. Tethys

Tethys

Greetings @dogmachris - I own Aquas lite for testing with our procedural terrain. Haven't used it in a while, decided to download it today and discovered I cannot. I tried to download from the asset store on 2 different workstations with my account, it just always says please wait and then nothing happens. I even tried launching it through Chrome first as well, removed it from my list on my downloads page and then re-added it - still cannot download the package. Any ideas?

18. dogmachris

dogmachris

Uh, sounds bad, but we as publishers have no control over such things whatsoever. You'd have to contact the asset store staff for problems downloading content. Alternatively - if you wish - I could contact them for you.

19. dogmachris

dogmachris

Disable the reflection script and uncheck the box that says enable reflections in the material settings. Does that help? If it does, it means, something that is reflected consumes a lot of performance, it's either very large in file size or the amount of things that need to be reflected is extremely high. What about the demo scene - does it also produce lag spikes?

20. dogmachris

dogmachris

Sorry for the delayed reply - AQUAS lite doesn't have a quick setup window - that's because it doesn't have a lot to set up - it's just a prefab you drag into the scene and make adjustments in the material settings.

Are you using an orthographic camera by any chance?

21. Achalesas

Achalesas

Thanks for your response.

If I disable the reflection everything is fine. The reflection layer that cause the problems is "default", I have a complete Scene, only the Water is left. The Scene has 3.3-4M Verts, runs at 50+ Frames on a midrange Pc. The water is still realy good looking and now i dont have performence issues. But i need at least reflections for the Skybox.

I have also changed my review, duo to the fact that the water isn't the problem.

22. joeysipos

joeysipos

Also wondering how to get Single-Pass rendering working? Any updates on this?

23. bartologizu

bartologizu

Hey man! Love Aquas water but just found out it didn't work with Single Pass Stereo for VR. Noticed the last time this was brought up was about a year ago. Any updates?

rocky1138 likes this.
  24. gaiastellar

gaiastellar

hi,
    i need water that can be used on a sphere(planet). can this work for that? the planet is quite large and the areas of water are quite large. will there be an obvious tiling effect with this?

also, is this animated?

thanks

paul uk

25. Nitrox32

Nitrox32

No problem about the late response I bought the full version anyway. I'm just starting to work with it and there seems to be plenty of YouTube videos on how to get started. Thanks.

26. kobyle

kobyle

27. dogmachris

dogmachris

The Lite package doesn't come with mobile shaders, however newer devices should be able to handle it anyway.
    The full AQUAS package comes with mobile shaders for different performance levels to choose from.

28. secondsight_

secondsight_

Hi there,
    I have some graphic glitches around the shoreline. Dark edges show up in the distance fog. It seems to be a conflict with other transparent materials, like the cloud particles.
    https://imgur.com/a/A2EQ9

Any suggestions how I could solve this ? Thanks !

29. rodrigosavage

rodrigosavage

Hey @dogmachris what is the VR support for mobile? I have read people asking about the single pass stereo rendering,
    We were using the the water from the unity standard assets, but it doesn't work for VR:

https://github.com/googlevr/gvr-unity-sdk/issues/673
    Our team is planning on buying yours, but does it work well in VR?
    The water looks pretty awesome btw

30. rocky1138

rocky1138

What is the status on single-pass support? I've got the water looking delicious in my VR game but only in multi-pass :( Unfortunately, that conflicts with my sky setup which requires single-pass.

If single-pass support is too far out or not ever going to be available, does anyone have a replacement for Aquas-lite that will work with it? I'd hate to change because I love Aquas-lite, but... yeah, I kind of need it.

31. hedgefield

hedgefield

Hi, I've been enjoying Aquas Lite a lot, but I get this error now when using it in Unity 2018.1 and the water plane becomes purple:

Shader error in 'AQUAS Lite': syntax error: unexpected token ';' at line 358 (on d3d11)
    Compiling Vertex program with UNITY_PASS_FORWARDADD POINT FOG_EXP2
    Platform defines: UNITY_ENABLE_REFLECTION_BUFFERS UNITY_USE_DITHER_MASK_FOR_ALPHABLENDED_SHADOWS UNITY_PBS_USE_BRDF1 UNITY_SPECCUBE_BOX_PROJECTION UNITY_SPECCUBE_BLENDING UNITY_ENABLE_DETAIL_NORMALMAP SHADER_API_DESKTOP UNITY_LIGHT_PROBE_PROXY_VOLUME UNITY_LIGHTMAP_FULL_HDR

Shader warning in 'AQUAS Lite': 'UNITY_PASS_FORWARDADD' : macro redefinition at line 239 (on d3d11)
    Compiling Vertex program with UNITY_PASS_FORWARDADD POINT FOG_EXP2
    Platform defines: UNITY_ENABLE_REFLECTION_BUFFERS UNITY_USE_DITHER_MASK_FOR_ALPHABLENDED_SHADOWS UNITY_PBS_USE_BRDF1 UNITY_SPECCUBE_BOX_PROJECTION UNITY_SPECCUBE_BLENDING UNITY_ENABLE_DETAIL_NORMALMAP SHADER_API_DESKTOP UNITY_LIGHT_PROBE_PROXY_VOLUME UNITY_LIGHTMAP_FULL_HDR

Sometimes deleting the asset and reimporting from the Asset Store works, but then the next time I start Unity it is broken again.

32. dogmachris

dogmachris

Yeah, I know about that, it's the same issue AQUAS has with Unity 2018. I have submitted an Update for AQUAS yesterday to fix the issues. I have also submitted one for AQUAS Lite, it should be online early next week. If you need it earlier though, you can PM me your invoice number, I can then send you a copy in advance.

hedgefield likes this.
  33. jaschieffer

jaschieffer

I just downloaded the new version that was published on May 14th 2018. I'm still getting pink water. There error is Shader Error in 'Aquas Lite' : Syntax error : unexpected token ';' at line 358 (on d3d11)

34. MoruganKodi

MoruganKodi

Hi, I went an grabbed Aquas Lite 2 days ago as I needed a really quick and cheap water implementation for my demo.
    The shader looks real nice.

However I am experiencing two main issues. (on 2017.4.1. Deferred Renderer, DX11).
    My scene has a plane (unity plane) scale 5X5. And on the shader I set both tile params to "200".

First Bug: ehhh?

The tiling settings on the shader for both the normals and the foam is not persisting in edit mode and play mode.
    In both modes the shader reports "200" correctly. But the visual representations in the scene don't match up...

Here is the water in edit mode:

And again, now in PLAY mode after passing through a loading screen (normals are back in default state, even though shader still reports it is set to 200 tile on both normals and foam).:

In play mode, the only way I am able to match my Edit Mode results is to set the shader to 2000 tile on both foam and normals in play mode....

The clarify the bug: There are two more screen shots:

Edit Mode:

And Play Mode (after passing through a loading screen):

I'm not sure if this is related to my setup, but i cannot change it now (I have to put this out by next week... as I am trying to get a new job...)...

The Water plane and shader is used only on the 4th level of the demo. The 4th level of the demo is comprised of 5 scenes loaded on top of each other to assemble the entire scene. (I use something called "Scene Group Assets" in my framework, which are managed by a master script). The player is always instantiated last, when all loading is complete.

This implies the water plane and reflection script always exist before the player and his camera does (due to substances, the water can even exist up to 4 seconds before the player is instantiated and moved to his spawn point).

Also, why are ALL the shader inputs uniform? This does not seem necessary?

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Second Bug: Lights.

The second issue I am having, is lights causing boxes to appear on water when player is looking down, including the player's flashlight. (I have tried both enabling and disabling per pixel lights on your water shader).

First Screenshot: Camera is only pointed slightly down. Player's flashlight is on.

And second: The player looks down a few degrees more...

I can work around the tile issue, as I can just set it to 2000, but the light thing is really bugging me.

35. fubenalvo

fubenalvo

36. jaschieffer

jaschieffer

Hi there. I'm getting some weirdness where point or spot lights create a weird light square where ever the light is. Have you seen this before? I have attached an image with the problem.

Attached Files:

37. jaschieffer

jaschieffer

Hey have you looked into my issue above?

Thanks,
    Justin

38. Lukebox

Lukebox

I had the same problem. Fixed it by changing rendering path to Deferred and setting Pixel Light Count to 0 in the quality settings

39. tianmowuming

tianmowuming

Thanks!

40. Hawk0077

Hawk0077

Hi Dogmatic, it isnt a great problem for me as yet but thought I would just inform you and check if there is a fix for:

"The Return of The Reflection Square" using 2018.3.0b8 (latest beta version of unity) see image.
    aquas.PNG

Thanks, all the best

41. N1warhead

N1warhead

@dogmachris
    Aquas lite is breaking my camera.. This is on 2019.1.0f2

Short video below

42. Hawk0077

Hawk0077

Im no expert but that looks to me like a Enviro Aquas iintegration issue. Does the same occur if you tun enviro off and leave aquas on.

Also, there may be an enviro, aquas integration script that needs adding to the camera. Im only guessing based on issues I had in the past.

dogmachris likes this.
  43. N1warhead

N1warhead

That apparently was it - but that's strange - I didn't have that issue before hmmm.
    Only appeared to happen in 2019.1.0f2

dogmachris likes this.
  44. Hawk0077

Hawk0077

great, twaz a shot in the dark for me but I do remember having a similar issue. I have just upgraded to 2019.1.0f2 and am having a few minor issues myself, but with easy roads. Saying that I opted to upgrade Easy Roads to the Beta version to make use of the new connections. Nothing too bad though. Glad you sorted it anyways. Have a good one.

dogmachris likes this.
  45. valentinaberthelon

valentinaberthelon

Hi, I just bought the Aqua Lite but for some reason, it doesn't work, I'm using Unity 2019 4.13, I'm new on Unity this is why I bought this plug-in because it seemed very easy to use. I will upload snapshots so maybe you can help me. There is 2 messages that mark errors
    looking forward your answer
    Valentina Screenshot 2021-01-19 at 16.43.31.png Screenshot 2021-01-19 at 16.46.13.png

46. astanid

astanid

Hi. I'm looking for fast water shader with skybox refraction with openGL ES 3.0(!) support.
    What shder level is needed for this asset ? Can you provide android demo ? thank you

47. dogmachris

dogmachris

AQUAS Lite works with GLES3.

Have you had a look at this>>

48. astanid

astanid

Thank you. You are my last hope :) i'm kinda tired checking dozens of shaders :(
    Could you please provide apk demo ?

49. dogmachris

dogmachris

This one is a bit older, so it might show a jagged shoreline due to limited depth buffer support in 2016 (!), but in principle it's the same as today (only that the newer version of AQUAS Lite looks better than what you see in the APK. I haven't gotten around making a new Demo APK, sorry about that.

50. astanid

astanid

android demo is working. But it this possible to use AQUAS Lite in URP project ?
    I just tried - pink shader and lots of errors.
    I made empty URP project in Unity 2020, import aquas asset, tried to convert materials to URP - got lots of errors :(

Code (CSharp):
    1. Recursive rendering is not supported in SRP (are you calling Camera.Render from within a render pipeline?).
    2. UnityEngine.StackTraceUtility:ExtractStackTrace ()
    3. AQUAS_Lite.AQUAS_Lite_Reflection:OnWillRenderObject () (at Assets/AQUAS-Lite/Scripts/AQUAS_Lite_Reflection.cs:102)
    4. UnityEngine.GUIUtility:ProcessEvent (int,intptr,bool&)
    6. IsCameraProjectionMatrixFlipped is being called outside camera rendering scope.
    7. UnityEngine.GUIUtility:ProcessEvent (int,intptr,bool&)
    9. Shader properties can't be added to this global property sheet. Trying to add _GrabTexture (type 3 count 1)
    10. UnityEngine.GUIUtility:ProcessEvent (int,intptr,bool&)
    12. Shader properties can't be added to this global property sheet. Trying to add _GrabTexture_ST (type 1 count 1)
    13. UnityEngine.GUIUtility:ProcessEvent (int,intptr,bool&)
    15. Shader properties can't be added to this global property sheet. Trying to add _GrabTexture_TexelSize (type 1 count 1)
    16. UnityEngine.GUIUtility:ProcessEvent (int,intptr,bool&)
    18. Shader properties can't be added to this global property sheet. Trying to add _GrabTexture_HDR (type 1 count 1)
    19. UnityEngine.GUIUtility:ProcessEvent (int,intptr,bool&)