Search Unity

AQUAS-Lite, Problems with water disappearing when zooming-out.

Discussion in 'World Building' started by Jakub1199, Nov 21, 2020.

1. Jakub1199

Jakub1199

Hi,
    I'm greenhorn when it comes to unity and game developing, but I want to create a grand-strategy game, for terrain creating I'm using NASA World height map and Barymetric map of the oceans and seas. I know it'll be hard though but I really enjoy it.

The problem is that when I'm zooming out the water is beggining to "disappear" where it touches the coastlines (img below). I need to fix it so the world will be still looking good even when the camera fov covers whole EurAsia and part of africa.

(The terrain is flipped vertically in relation to the real world, but on the stage of playing with creation and looking for the best solution it is not important)

So this is how the test world looks without water:
    1)
    Img 2 no water.png

Heightmap I used for generating the world with oceans depths and land height (I've combined two heightmaps in GIMP)
    Test.png
    It is 4097x4097 Heightmap which I used to create 2048x2048 terrain with 35 overall height.

And this is how it looks like with water added to terrain, I've underlined the distruptions which appear when I'm zooming out:
    Img 3 water visible distruptions .png

This is how it looks when I zoomed out really far:

Img 5 Water dissapearing  .png
    I was trying to manipulate various variables of material and water plane in unity but nothing seems to work.
    Anyone had a similar problem and solved it?

Any help will be aprecieated.
    Thanks in advance :)

Attached Files:

Last edited: Nov 21, 2020