Search Unity

1. Unity Asset Manager is now available in public beta. Try it out now and join the conversation here in the forums.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Unity 6 Preview is now available. To find out what's new, have a look at our Unity 6 Preview blog post.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Unity is excited to announce that we will be collaborating with TheXPlace for a summer game jam from June 13 - June 19. Learn more.
    Dismiss Notice

Bug APV in URP looks weird when building game?

Discussion in 'Graphics Experimental Previews' started by EmilJoes, Sep 20, 2023.

1. EmilJoes

EmilJoes

Hi forum.
    I am currently trying out the new Adaptive Probe Volume in Unity URP 2023.1.8f1 and everything in the Unity Editor works as it should.
    My goal is to bake lighting in a scene with baked lighting and then add a Probe Volume to the scene to make non-static objects get the correct lighting on them when they move around the scene. And as said, it works just fine in the editor. The problem is when I build the game, EVERYTHING gets affected and uses the Probe Volume lighting and the entire baked lightmap is gone, which gives a weird noisy lightmap look on everything. Even when I remove the Probe Volume from the scene and bake lighting again, the scene becomes black and there's no light. This ONLY occurs when the Light Probe System is set to Probe Volumes in the Universal Render Pipeline Asset, but if I use the old Light Probe System, then Probe Volumes doesn't work (obviously).

Here's a comparison:
    In Editor:

In Built Game:

Does anyone know a fix or is this just something unpreventable? Thanks in advance! :)