Search Unity

1. Megacity Metro Demo now available. Download now.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Unity support for visionOS is now available. Learn more in our blog post.
    Dismiss Notice

April Release IL2CPP Build Issue

Discussion in 'Unity Reflect' started by Murray_Zutari, May 5, 2021.

1. Murray_Zutari

Murray_Zutari

2. Murray_Zutari

Murray_Zutari

Any feedback on this guys?

3. UnityPeterD

UnityPeterD

Unity Technologies

Hi Murray,

I've seen this reported in one other case. Are you able to compile the viewer if you switch the backend to Mono?

It can be switched in Player Settings (Edit > Project Settings > Player > Other Settings > Configuration).

Let me know and I'll follow up.

Peter

4. Murray_Zutari

Murray_Zutari

Thanks Peter, hope you're well.

I have managed to make a Mono build, but when trying to use the voice chat and the multi user functionality it was not working. Had the same issue with the default Reflect Review viewer so I'm wondering if we have firewall issues. Have you heard of this happening to others? We might well be blocked from accessing the Vivox servers. Curiously, once a colleague opens Reflect via the link I send them I see their icon pop up momentarily in the top right corner and then disappear. They are in the model, can see my icon top right but we cannot see each others avatars or hear each other.

Do you know which servers Reflect makes use of for these services so we can exclude them in firewall? Thanks

5. darrengrant

darrengrant

Unity Technologies

Hi Murray,

The relevant Reflect servers for the multiplayer feature are as follows;

- HTTPS connection to m.reflect.unity3d.com on port 443.
    - UDP connection to an ad-hoc IP and port (GCP servers).

For Vivox voice chat;

V5 destination port ranges:
    • TCP: 80, 443 - for web server (HTTP/HTTPS)
    • UDP: 12000 - 52000 - for voice media (RTP)
    V5 subnets:
    • 63.251.140.0/24
    • 70.42.198.0/23
    • 74.201.102.0/23
    • 74.201.106.0/23
    • 216.52.53.0/24
    Note: A single environment has multiple backend components that could change IPs without warning.

All communications start as outbound communications from the client and only require that a firewall allows communication back on the same port.

Let me know if this helps.

Regards,

Darren

6. Murray_Zutari

Murray_Zutari

Thanks Darren, will let you know how it goes. Appreciate the help :)

7. Murray_Zutari

Murray_Zutari

Hi Darren

So it's taken a while but finally some ports open in the firewall. It looks like connection to Vivox is good but we're still having the issue of a player joining and then 'disappearing'. What can I send you that might help debugging simpler?

The console does not indicate the joining player has disconnected. Very strange.

The same build works perfectly from my home, out of the clutches of the business firewall. So I still think it is firewall related on our side.

8. darrengrant

darrengrant

Unity Technologies

Hi Murray,

I apologize for missing your reply. We should indeed take a look at the Viewer logs, these would be at %HOMEPATH%\AppData\LocalLow\Unity Technologies\Unity Reflect Review\Player.log if you are on the Beta.
    (If you are on the last release instead, it'll simply be in "Unity Reflect" folder instead).

You can either post that here, or send it to my colleague Paul who will put us in touch by email.

Thank you,

Darren

Murray_Zutari likes this.