Search Unity

1. Megacity Metro Demo now available. Download now.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Unity support for visionOS is now available. Learn more in our blog post.
    Dismiss Notice

Unity Game Templates

Discussion in 'Assets and Asset Store' started by APPERIO, Oct 10, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. APPERIO

APPERIO

Removed.

Last edited: Nov 2, 2017
  2. GarBenjamin

GarBenjamin

I wonder what the odds are for this to improve the situation in any way? It seems like it would ultimately serve as "your #1 source for Unity game template asset flips".

3. APPERIO

APPERIO

Thanks for the reply GarBenjamin. It will help lower development time/cost to be able to flip games more quickly, but also allow sellers to monetize in another form.

4. Murgilod

Murgilod

You... you do realise that this isn't a good thing, right?

Martin_H likes this.
  5. APPERIO

APPERIO

Hey Murgilod! This can be a great thing for many indie developers by lowering the development time of standard game functions, and allowing them to focus on revamping, elevating, and polishing a game to standards that will (cross fingers!) hopefully get featured on the App Stores. We have a lot of experience in the indie development world so we understand where you're comment is coming from as well, but we're focusing on trying to make it just a bit easier for indie developers to focus on that polish and actually make money. We all know the hand that Apple (and other stores) is slapping down on indies, sadly....

Carterryan1990 likes this.
  6. Murgilod

Murgilod

Yeah, no. If there's one thing we should have taken away from the ridiculous level of cloning that takes place on the app stores, something which is directly responsible for how outright terrible discoverability is on those platforms, it's that more of these clones isn't a good thing. Making games should be about more than just the turnaround time on yet another Clash of Clans/Bejewelled/Angry Birds clone.

7. APPERIO

APPERIO

Thanks for the feedback Murgilod!

Carterryan1990 likes this.
  8. GarBenjamin

GarBenjamin

Thanks for the reply. Anything that can help the crash arrive sooner so the reset switch can be hit earlier is a good thing. I was very happy when Greenlight went away because first a lot of games got a chance the trollers would have never allowed and second because I knew we'd see the releases flying in particularly quickly thrown together to make a bit of money games... and ultimately at this point the only way to really "fix things" I think is by completely destroying it all. Lol

9. EternalAmbiguity

EternalAmbiguity

I can't remember where I heard it, but I've heard that scientific articles and theses should not be made unless they're advancing the public knowledge in some way. That may be a little extreme, but I've thought about how a similar statement might be coined for games.

What do you mean? What are you going to destroy? And what will you replace it with?

APPERIO likes this.
  10. neginfinity

neginfinity

I think there was another thread short while ago with a conclusion that "asset flips don't matter".... right?

11. Ryiah

Ryiah

That's okay. In order for it to have the potential to be a bad thing people have to actually use it. Good luck with that.

theANMATOR2b likes this.
  12. Murgilod

Murgilod

Asset flips don't matter in markets where they're not dominant, which I still agree with. On PC, for instance, asset flips are genuinely so infrequent that they don't completely dominate the marketplace, which they absolutely do on mobile devices.

theANMATOR2b likes this.
  13. GarBenjamin

GarBenjamin

Well I had a reply here but out of respect to the OP I am removing it.

Good luck with your store.

Last edited: Oct 11, 2017
    APPERIO likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.