Search Unity

1. Megacity Metro Demo now available. Download now.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Unity support for visionOS is now available. Learn more in our blog post.
    Dismiss Notice

Apps in the Kids Category and AdMob

Discussion in 'iOS and tvOS' started by MXAdd, Feb 5, 2017.

1. MXAdd

MXAdd

Hi

I'v created app for kids (contains in-app purchases & AdMob based ads) - for the in-app purchases part I'v created parental gate - and that's OK, but apple rejected my app saying:

You have selected the Kids category for your app, but it includes access to external content or allows the user to engage in commerce without first obtaining parental permission. Specifically, we found the following in your app:
    - Linking to website content via Safari or web views
    Please update your app to incorporate a parental gate before the user can access external content or engage in commerce and ensure that the parental gate cannot be disabled.

So what next ? I need to create parental gate for ads to ? Currently the only thing I do is setting 'TagForChildDirectedTreatment' to true in AdRequest.Builder.
    I'v googled for a while but do not see any answer for this (just many similar unanswered questions :/).
    The only thing that comes to my mind is the OnAdLeavingApplication delegate, but it's only to inform that app will switch, there is no way to display parental gat there ...

Thanks for any ideas in this topic!

bacpham likes this.