Search Unity

1. Megacity Metro Demo now available. Download now.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Unity support for visionOS is now available. Learn more in our blog post.
    Dismiss Notice

Applying prefab changes changes RectTranform properties

Discussion in 'UGUI & TextMesh Pro' started by GilCat, Oct 31, 2017.

1. enchiridion

enchiridion

Patch 2017.2.1p4
    Released: 12 February 2018

So they fixed it in 2017.2 but not in 2017.3? This is getting ridiculous!

2. Erikoinen

Erikoinen

Yep, still no update available.

3. Erikoinen

Erikoinen

@karl_jones please do update again when you have something.

4. tarmo-jussila

tarmo-jussila

Checking daily for updates on this. This is really killing productivity here.

5. Erikoinen

Erikoinen

My problem is that all transforms screw up if I Apply a prefab with disabled GameObjects. So my workaround is to enable everything, Apply, then disable everything again that I need, and have these local disablings in each scene that the prefab is used in. And as my routine is to Apply all the time, I obviously keep messing things up constantly.

So pleeeeeeeeeeeeeeease. 2017.3.1p1. Now!

floatpt, musickgm and Wahooney like this.
  6. ekaralar

ekaralar

This is unacceptable, for a bug as severe as this, we still are not getting a net answer on when the patch will be released.

@UnityTechnology: Can you please give a solid ETA on when this fix will be released for 2017.3?

Novack and enchiridion like this.
  7. karl_jones

karl_jones

Unity Technologies

Sorry, the date has now slipped to Wed-Fri. We have one important fix that still reproduces and needs to be verified.

8. frgaj

frgaj

2017.3.1p1 is out now, is that fix working for people?

9. musickgm

musickgm

Just downloaded it and starting working with it. So far so good. However, buckle up. Be ready to fix EVERYTHING that you tinkered with while the bug was active. I have a long road of fixing canvas object prefabs ahead of me...
    Glad it's finally out though.

10. Erikoinen

Erikoinen

Downloaded and everything works as they should. Thanks! :rolleyes:

Stephan_B likes this.
  11. P4blo

P4blo

I'm having problems downloading the Mac version of the patch. I'm using the Unity Editor Download Assistant and the downloading is stopped when trying to very the downloaded data in the step 3 of 7 (Standard assets). See screenshot attached.

Any glue?

https://imgur.com/a/nhhce

12. Wahooney

Wahooney

Okay, that was quite a wait, but so far so good.

Thanks.

13. crdgre

crdgre

karl_jones likes this.
  14. karl_jones

karl_jones

Unity Technologies

Are you still having problems?

15. P4blo

P4blo

16. karl_jones

karl_jones

Unity Technologies

Thanks I'll check with the team.

17. JakubSmaga

JakubSmaga

2018.1.0b7 still having this issue.

18. P4blo

P4blo

Thanks Karl, now the problem is gone.

karl_jones likes this.
  19. musickgm

musickgm

I know this is a shot in the dark, and probably not applicable...
    but is there any reason why this patch would cause failed builds for Android? Or is anyone else having this issue?

I was building fine before I updated, and now I can't get a build. I've been banging my head on my desk because of this for days to no avail. Just thought I'd ask...

20. karl_jones

karl_jones

Unity Technologies

No. What errors do you get?

21. musickgm

musickgm

22. karl_jones

karl_jones

Unity Technologies

23. musickgm

musickgm

I was actually just able to get a successful build using the gradle build system. However, this seems more like a hack/band-aid since this won't work in UCB (which is super helpful when building to multiple platforms among other reasons).
    Edit: I just realized that gradle is now supported in UCB. I was looking at an old thread. Trying that now.
    The following are the errors that I get without gradle (thanks for taking a look - I know this is most likely off topic):

UnityEditor.BuildPlayerWindow+BuildMethodException: 3 errors
    at UnityEditor.BuildPlayerWindow+DefaultBuildMethods.BuildPlayer (BuildPlayerOptions options) [0x0020e] in C:\buildslave\unity\build\Editor\Mono\BuildPlayerWindowBuildMethods.cs:181
    at UnityEditor.BuildPlayerWindow.CallBuildMethods (Boolean askForBuildLocation, BuildOptions defaultBuildOptions) [0x00065] in C:\buildslave\unity\build\Editor\Mono\BuildPlayerWindowBuildMethods.cs:88
    UnityEngine.GUIUtility:processEvent(Int32, IntPtr)

And...

Win32Exception: ApplicationName='C:\Users\music\AppData\Local\Android\sdk\build-tools\26.0.0\apksigner.bat', CommandLine='sign --ks "C:/Users/music/Google Drive/Osmosis Games/Phys 2/phys2.keystore" --ks-pass stdin --ks-key-alias "phys2" --key-pass stdin "C:\Users\music\Google Drive\Osmosis Games\Phys 2\Temp/StagingArea/Package.apk"', CurrentDirectory='Temp/StagingArea'

System.Diagnostics.Process.Start_noshell (System.Diagnostics.ProcessStartInfo startInfo, System.Diagnostics.Process process)

System.Diagnostics.Process.Start_common (System.Diagnostics.ProcessStartInfo startInfo, System.Diagnostics.Process process)

System.Diagnostics.Process.Start ()

(wrapper remoting-invoke-with-check) System.Diagnostics.Process:Start ()

UnityEditor.Utils.Program.Start (System.EventHandler exitCallback) (at C:/buildslave/unity/build/Editor/Mono/Utils/Program.cs:44)

UnityEditor.Utils.Program.Start () (at C:/buildslave/unity/build/Editor/Mono/Utils/Program.cs:28)

UnityEditor.Android.Command.RunWithStdin (System.Diagnostics.ProcessStartInfo psi, UnityEditor.Android.WaitingForProcessToExit waitingForProcessToExit, System.String errorMsg, System.String[] input)

UnityEditor.Android.PostProcessor.Tasks.TasksCommon.Exec (System.String command, System.String args, System.String workingdir, System.String errorMsg, System.String[] stdin)

UnityEditor.Android.PostProcessor.Tasks.BuildAPK.SignPackage (UnityEditor.Android.PostProcessor.PostProcessorContext context)

UnityEditor.Android.PostProcessor.Tasks.BuildAPK.Execute (UnityEditor.Android.PostProcessor.PostProcessorContext context)

UnityEditor.Android.PostProcessor.PostProcessRunner.RunAllTasks (UnityEditor.Android.PostProcessor.PostProcessorContext context)

UnityEditor.Android.PostProcessAndroidPlayer.PostProcess (BuildTarget target, System.String stagingAreaData, System.String stagingArea, System.String playerPackage, System.String installPath, System.String companyName, System.String productName, BuildOptions options, UnityEditor.RuntimeClassRegistry usedClassRegistry, UnityEditor.BuildReporting.BuildReport report)

UnityEditor.Android.AndroidBuildPostprocessor.PostProcess (BuildPostProcessArgs args)

UnityEditor.PostprocessBuildPlayer.Postprocess (BuildTargetGroup targetGroup, BuildTarget target, System.String installPath, System.String companyName, System.String productName, Int32 width, Int32 height, BuildOptions options, UnityEditor.RuntimeClassRegistry usedClassRegistry, UnityEditor.BuildReporting.BuildReport report) (at C:/buildslave/unity/build/Editor/Mono/BuildPipeline/PostprocessBuildPlayer.cs:272)
    UnityEngine.GUIUtility:processEvent(Int32, IntPtr)

24. karl_jones

karl_jones

Unity Technologies

Looks like it's failing at the signing step. Try updating the android APK, check the sign in details are correct in the editor. If all else fails build unsigned and sign it through command line.

25. musickgm

musickgm

Cool.
    Yeah, I already updated APK among many other things. The gradle build system seems to be working - as long as there aren't any unforeseen reasons not to use this method!

karl_jones likes this.
  26. Krey

Krey

I'm still having this issue in 2018.1.0b9... Any tips? Is there something specific I am supposed to do with the affected items after updating?

Edit: For clarity, creating a new prefab from editing a previous prefab, or overwriting a current prefab both cause between some and many of the individual elements to have their positions chaotically changed.

Last edited: Mar 2, 2018
  27. TwoorbJan

TwoorbJan

Still having this issue in 2017.3.1f1, this is causing a great deal of frustration and forcing me to work without prefabs. Is there any version in which there is a working fix?

28. karl_jones

karl_jones

Unity Technologies

Wrong version. You need 2017.3.1p1 or above

29. Martian-Games

Martian-Games

I can confirm I'm having good luck with 2017.3.1p1 and also 2018.1.0b10

karl_jones likes this.
  30. vexe

vexe

Just came across this bug too. Updated to 2017.3.1p1, my scrollbar is still dancing...

Attached Files:

31. mr_blahblah

mr_blahblah

Gotta necro this: getting this exact same issue in 2019.4.18f1, LTS.