Search Unity

Apply texture to a bar (cube)

Discussion in 'Editor & General Support' started by Cjreek, Apr 25, 2013.

1. Cjreek

Cjreek

Hi,

I'm feeling so stupid to ask this question but I didn't find any help.

I try to apply a texture to this bar. (look at the screenshot in the attachement)
    But it's impossible to tile this texture a way that it looks nice on every face of the cube.
    Is there a way to texture the cube's faces individually?

What do I have to do so it looks like this (right side):

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e3v3PMenNwY

Sorry for my bad english.

Attached Files:

2. twiesner

twiesner

In the video it looks like the person is projecting the texture onto the models to get it to scale correctly. Easier method would be to just import the model into a 3d program like blender and apply a box uv unwrap.

3. Cjreek

Cjreek

Can I achive an uv unwrap by using scripting?
    I'm new to uv-mapping and it seems like usual uv mapping is not what I want to do (?)

4. twiesner

twiesner

Eventually you will need to learn uv mapping if you will be creating any 3d yourself. But as an alternative to uv mapping, you could go into the material settings if you click on the cube and look in the inspector. You will then find a texture tile setting and you can increase that number but it won't guarantee the texture to be even on all sides.

I have not tried the Uv editor in the asset store but it may be something to look into if you are a beginner to 3d and don't want to learn how to uv map in a 3rd party application.