Search Unity

Apply job form

Discussion in 'Unity Connect' started by ExcaliburGames, Apr 10, 2018.

?

How we should apply to jobs

1. Write cover letter in texfield on web page

3 vote(s)
    75.0%
  2. Upload cover letter as additional text file

1 vote(s)
    25.0%
  1. ExcaliburGames

ExcaliburGames

Hello

I'm from game-development team and we are working on our own games and games for clients.
    I liked Unity Connect idea and decided to try it.
    But this job apply form looks very strange for me.

Why I should attach cover latter ? and not just write text ?
    Form my freelance experience clients do not like copy-paste answer or just CV. They want to get some feedback based on job description. And i do not understand why i should create addition text file and upload it.

I think user should just write some text (if it will be with simple WYSIWYG editor it will be plus) about ehat he think about this particular job and if he want he can attach CV.

What do you think ?

Genebris likes this.
  2. AaronXRDev

AaronXRDev

I think having both options would be great. If you have an existing resume and cover letter you could use it for full-time applications, and a short text field could be used for tasks.

3. anthonyanthonyh

anthonyanthonyh

Unity Technologies

Hi Excalibur,

Thank you for sharing your thoughts.

We've included an optional cover letter feature because so many people have requested the ability to do so. Keep in mind, it is optional, and we have changed the copy to make it more obvious for people who do not want to submit one.

If the job or task poster wanted more information for you to type in, they have the ability to create questions & textboxes for you to fill in.

4. ExcaliburGames

ExcaliburGames