Search Unity

1. Good news ✨ We have more Unite Now videos available for you to watch on-demand! Come check them out and ask our experts any questions!
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Ever participated in one our Game Jams? Want pointers on your project? Our Evangelists will be available on Friday to give feedback. Come share your games with us!
    Dismiss Notice

Unity UI Apply global theme / skin to all default UI elements

Discussion in 'UGUI & TextMesh Pro' started by ophilbert, Mar 1, 2018.

1. ophilbert

ophilbert

Hi,

I was wondering if there was a solution to customize Unity's default UI component.
    This is something that was possible with IMGUI System but I found no built-in solutions for Unity UI.

It would be awesome to be able to change the font of a button or its background texture without having to reflect these changes to every buttons in the game. Basically I'm looking for a solution that will work the same way a CSS stylesheet does. You make a change on 1 component that belongs to the desired class and this change is reflected on every instances.

Prefabs does not work as the whole world is waiting for...Nested Prefabs.
    I looked on the asset store as well but most solutions does seem to offer this capability (color palettes are everywhere but defining/applying style simply and effectively on a UI element seems to be a different matter.

Has anyone tried something like UI Styles beside the old reviews that we can find on the asset store page?

unityunity