Search Unity

1. Check out the Unite LA keynote for updates on the Visual Effect Editor, the FPS Sample, ECS, Unity for Film and more! Watch it now!
    Dismiss Notice
  2. The Unity Pro & Visual Studio Professional Bundle gives you the tools you need to develop faster & collaborate more efficiently. Learn more.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Improved Prefab workflow (includes Nested Prefabs!), 2D isometric Tilemap and more! Get the 2018.3 Beta now.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. Improve your Unity skills with a certified instructor in a private, interactive classroom. Watch the overview now.
    Dismiss Notice
  5. Want to see the most recent patch releases? Take a peek at the patch release page.
    Dismiss Notice

Application Unity.exe has been blocked from accessing Graphics hardware

Discussion in 'Editor & General Support' started by Tixal, Jun 14, 2018.

1. Tixal

Tixal

Hello,
    recently I started to get black screens when working with Unity 2018, the display driver is crashing without recovering, so I've been forced to restart the computer manually, then I get this error message:
    "display driver stopped working"
    I've noticed this problem when using some heavy rendering like particle systems and 'Enviro Sky' clouds with rain. It happened also two times without using such a demanding graphics processing.
    I was playing the latest Doom, Prey and Witcher at maximum graphics settings just to see whether it is the graphics card, but these games just run fine for hours....
    Recently I started to get also this error after the restart:
    "Application Unity.exe has been blocked from accessing Graphics hardware"
    I tried some fixes in the web like "TDR delay registry fix" and running the sfc /scannow from cmd(which resulted with no errors) and nothing seems to resolve the problem...
    Please, help...

2. Joe-Censored

Joe-Censored

What graphics hardware are you using, and what driver version? It sounds like a hardware or driver issue.

3. Tixal

Tixal

It is an evga GTX 1080 on a Dell Precision T5600 dual Xeon cpu motherboard
    driver version: 23.21.13.9135
    I updated the drivers - complete uninstall then reinstall them again, but problem still exist...
    Could it be some incompatibility with the motherboard?