Search Unity

1. Good news ✨ We have more Unite Now videos available for you to watch on-demand! Come check them out and ask our experts any questions!
    Dismiss Notice

Application.tick - what does this mean?

Discussion in 'Addressables' started by laurentlavigne, Jun 27, 2020.

1. laurentlavigne

laurentlavigne

in 2020.1b12 I run an alayze selected rules and get this:
    upload_2020-6-26_18-5-55.png
    it seems to be a generic application message box...

phobos2077 likes this.
  2. MaltedWheaties

MaltedWheaties

I get this too, including others like 'Application.Message', 'Application.ExecuteMenuItem, 'AssetDatabase.Refresh' or 'GUIView Repaint Scene'. They are caused by holdups in tasks Unity (usually) does in the background, like Refresh the scene/inspector, complete the task you just asked it to do, check if the assets in the system files have become different to the ones Unity has, or complete all other tasks for a frame. Seems to be caused by slow hardware (I am on a rather slow laptop. I sometimes get delays of up to 5 mins on these 'hold on' popups, though they are not as long when my system has been on for a while and gets chugging), I am currently running 2020.1.0f1 Pro Version and have been getting these messages since even before 2018, though as Unity add more and more features, and with every release it seems to be getting worse. I believe it is something they are working on, though.

Last edited: Aug 1, 2020
unityunity