Search Unity

Discussion Application SpaceWarp doesn't work (URP/Vulkan/Quest2)

Discussion in 'VR' started by weiner_monkey, Aug 26, 2022.

1. weiner_monkey

weiner_monkey

I'm using 2021.3.8 LTS, URP branch from Oculus.Graphics (recommended one for SpaceWarp) and 3.0.2 (also tested with 2.0.0-preview)

AppSW does run on the build, but when I debug motion vector data, objects dont show. Moving the head seems to generates motion data correctly though. Im using standard URP shaders for most objects.

2. DevDunk

DevDunk

Is it just the debugging that doesn't work?
    If so, the title of this post is incorrect

3. weiner_monkey

weiner_monkey

No, SpaceWarp doesn't work because the motion vectors don't seem to be generated correctly. Debugging is working fine. When I move my head while debugging I can see motion vectors being generated on the background and the only object present in the scene (attached to controller) is completely black against the colored background, i.e no motion vectors are being generated on it. Occasionally, it glitches and becomes colored for a second but it mostly does not show up which leads me to believe it could be some sort of bug. I'm running default settings of SpaceWarp URP, default shaders as well.

4. DevDunk

DevDunk

Made this guided a while back, also with demo project. You can follow along and check if you have everything ready. Or compare your project to my demo project

5. weiner_monkey

weiner_monkey

This is almost exactly how I've set it up. Do you have any recordings of the motion vector buffer? I think that could be helpful

Edit: Or maybe some footage with and without SpaceWarp? RenderDoc shows the motion vector data correctly generated

6. DevDunk

DevDunk

No, the earliest I could test that would be in 2 weeks

7. weiner_monkey

weiner_monkey

I've tested out your branch and I think I can see the issue, as long as theres more than one active camera in the scene, AppSW doesnt work.

DevDunk likes this.
  8. DevDunk

DevDunk

That's definitely possible. More would be illogical on the quest