Search Unity

Application shutdown

Discussion in 'iOS and tvOS' started by davejones1, Apr 4, 2018.

1. davejones1

davejones1

I have an unity application on an ipad pro 9.7 that always crashes when I try to open it. So when I try to open the application it doesn't allow me to. Within the first few days of having the application on the ipad pro 9.7, it worked fine. After the first few days the application stopped working. Why is this the case? I have restarted my ipad and that did't help.

2. Sailendu

Sailendu

Did you build the app yourself using Unity or you downloaded it from the App Store? If you built it then you can use Xcode to see the log, build and run from Xcode and you can see why it's crashing.

3. davejones1

davejones1

I built the app myself using unity. It builds susscessfully and I can run it on the iPad. The issue is that after a few days, when I try to open the app it crashes.

4. Lu4e

Lu4e

When rebuilding the app too frequently, the app would have this weird problem.

Give a new bundle identifier for your app, and usually be fine.
    And a wildcard app id can keep your app id list clean.

davejones1 likes this.
  5. davejones1

davejones1

Thanks for the reply. I will try this and keep you updated on whether the issue has been solved.

Lu4e likes this.
  6. davejones1

davejones1

The issue seems to have been solved. Thanks for your advice. If the issue appears again I will keep the forum updated. .

Lu4e likes this.
  7. Lu4e

Lu4e

Glad it helps, and this issue would happen again when new bundle id rebuild too frequent.
    Also the used bundle id has data record in your phone, if you reuse the id, problem would sure occur too.

davejones1 likes this.
  8. davejones1

davejones1

It turns out that the issue had nothing to do with the bundle id. The app wouldn't work after a few days because I wasn't a paid member of the apple developer program. When you setup a build through Xcode and your not a paid member the app will expire after 7 days. I have now become a paid member of the apple developer program. More info in link. https://stackoverflow.com/questions/38307356/iphone-app-under-test-crashes-after-a-few-days

Lu4e likes this.
  9. Lu4e

Lu4e

Interesting, I wasn't aware of this since I am always building with a paid developer account. If that solved your problem, it's good. I believe the app close issue was gone on the latest iOS version too, not seeing those again recently. Btw, thanks for the info on the limitation of trial developer account.:)

davejones1 likes this.
  10. davejones1

davejones1

The app close issue had nothing to do with the iOS version. The app was closing after a few days because it had an expiry date.

11. Lu4e

Lu4e

That is just your case. ;)
    The app closing I was referring from the beginning in this thread is another issue when a bad copy stuck in the iPhone while deploying from Xcode. Developer has no access to remove those junk under the existing bundle id in iPhone by removing app(unless factory reset or obtained root access to do manual cleaning). Thats why a new bundle id is needed for a quick work around.

davejones1 likes this.
  12. davejones1

davejones1

How do you know that the app close issue you were talking about has gone from the latest iOS version?

13. Lu4e

Lu4e

I believe it's gone because I no longer reproduce the issue since the iOS and Xcode update, but I can't ensure its completely gone. Honestly, I really hope this annoying issue was resolved by Apple.

davejones1 likes this.
  14. davejones1

davejones1

I suppose it could be detailed in the software update from apple but lets just hope it has gone.

Lu4e likes this.