Search Unity

Bug Application.Reload stuck forever when entering play mode

Discussion in 'Editor & General Support' started by _antifun_, Mar 20, 2022.

1. _antifun_

_antifun_

Problem: Application.Reload forever when I press play

It was working perfectly fine the whole day, and this problem suddenly appeared. I have not even made any changes to the project. I tried to disable every single game object in the scene and still when I press play Application.Reload is going on forever. Restarting PC also doesn't work.

Unity version: 2020.3.30f1 Windows

2. _antifun_

_antifun_

As I was making this post I found a "solution" on another forum that worked for me:

however it stops being stuck on Application.Reload whenever i edit/add a file to the assets (e.g. adding whitespace to a random script, saving and reentering unity) and then it enters playmode fine. 

I've been using unity since 2014 but holy S*** lately it has been so bad with the various bugs and workflow interruptions.

3. Sjonsson

Sjonsson

Just wanna chime in and say I have the exact same issue. It varies from day to day, it's like there's something that triggers this slow reload.

Some thread suggested it was related to some editor-window but I haven't figured out which. Can't remember the thread either sadly.

4. Sjonsson

Sjonsson

Update: I have noticed that if I use "Attach to Editor" from VS it somehow cancels the "Application Reload" being stuck.

Edit 1: another quick fix to this is to press the "Restart" button looking like a "go back/loop"-icon in Visual Studio.

It's like there's a thread just waiting for something to finish.

Last edited: Mar 27, 2022