Search Unity

Application.platform still set to MetroPlayerX64 in latest Unity on 64-bit Windows

Discussion in 'Windows' started by bbedard75, Dec 29, 2018.

1. bbedard75

bbedard75

We recently deployed a UWP game to the Windows Store and noticed that in the 32-bit version, Application.platform is set to WSAPlayerX86 but in the 64-bit version it is set to MetroPlayerX64. Shouldn't it be WSAPlayerX64? I assume the Metro naming was deprecated in favor of WSA at some point, why is 64-bit still using the Metro prefix?

We built our UWP solution with the Unity 2018.3 release.

I tried to open an issue for this but I can't figure out how to do that. I don't see a "New Issue" button on the Issue Tracker. If someone can tell me how to do that I will be happy to.

Thanks!

Bryan

2. Tautvydas-Zilys

Tautvydas-Zilys

Unity Technologies

3. bbedard75

bbedard75

Sorry for the slow reply. We have an XML file that contains the text to display for our game tutorial. The XML elements have a tag to indicate which platform the text should be shown on because it needs to be customized a bit per platform. We are comparing Application.platform.ToString() to the tag in the XML file. It didn't occur to us that there could be multiple enums with the same value. We will reverse it to instead parse the tag in the XML file to an enum then compare the enum values instead of comparing strings. Thanks for your help and for the relevant link to the source code.