Search Unity

1. Megacity Metro Demo now available. Download now.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Unity support for visionOS is now available. Learn more in our blog post.
    Dismiss Notice

"Application not installed" error on Android

Discussion in 'Android' started by homer_3, Jul 30, 2013.

1. homer_3

homer_3

I am getting the error in the title on my phone when I try to install an apk. The game I made used to work on my phone, but ever since I created a key store and signed it so I can put it on the Play store, I get this error when I try to install. Anyone have any idea how to resolve this?

2. homer_3

homer_3

I found that the keystore that was created must have not been created correctly. After making a new one, I am able to install.

3. OZAV

OZAV

It's all about naming convention, so, in your app (build) details,
    in Unity, the best is: to have the following data field, exactly in this form:
    COM.STUDIONAME.APPNAME
    (eg. "com.homerstudio.homergame1android").
    That single detail with 3 dots is very important to set that way, as we've found was the root of all that evil, and "Application Not Installed' on our Android tests, of repeated game installs ...
    The new keystore will also help. along with that, together, so it should be no further problems, having those 2 things covered ... *** there is also a fairy tale that 'Android.Manifest' file has to do with anything, which after our few tests - it had not anything to do with that problem, at all ...

Last edited: Dec 19, 2022
  4. mr3mpty

mr3mpty

Got same problem with my v967s few minutes ago. In my case problem was related with sd-card. Putting one in the phone resolved issue :p. I have no idea why it's not working with internal memory.

5. forcepusher

forcepusher

Prestigio pap4055 garbage here.
    Had to set install location in player settings to "Automatic"

6. danielvitsaus

danielvitsaus

I did everything as you indicated A0101A, yet "in aplicatico installed" appears.
    I use Unity 4.5.1, the SDK-r22-6-2-and JDK 7-60.
    Help me.

7. niraj

niraj

mohit_rao, joasus12345 and URPian like this.
  8. hubatish

hubatish

In my case, I went down in version number. How I actually found the error though was by using Unity Build & Run functionality. That made an actually helpful error pop up in the Unity console.

punkin006, Hoorza and andrygames like this.
  9. Jacruz

Jacruz

Hi I solved the problem, In my case i did not have enaugh memory space, I delete some applications and data and it Works!

Ex6tra, sj631, CandraWi and 3 others like this.
  10. Addyarb

Addyarb

I've run into this many times when re-importing my project into a new project (I work on more than one computer). Here's a few steps I follow as a general rule, in no particular order:

1. If you have an existing copy of the app on your device, make sure the ID matches your previous copy. (i.e. com.MyCompany.MyApp)
    2. Change the download location from "Prefer External" to "Automatic."
    3. Try changing the API compatibility level from 2.0 Subset to 2.0.
    4. If you have any existing copies of the app on your device, make a backup of it/them and then remove any and all copies. This appears to have the same error as #1.

CandraWi and Amin- like this.
  11. andyandyee

andyandyee

Same as Shame above, I found that I had to set install location in player settings to "Automatic".

12. Untherow

Untherow

Thank you! Really helpful!

13. ahsantanveer

ahsantanveer

Update your JDK to 162 or change project version or set your java_home enviroment variable

parigha12 likes this.
  14. rlsmall

rlsmall

15. rlsmall

rlsmall

This was the fix for me as well. Needed to dump extra apps, etc. I had 895 MB, but it guess in my case the installed needed more for the 140 MB app. Either way once I reached 2.5 GB of free internal memory it worked. I also have a 32GB SD that is not even 1/2 full.

BebopTune likes this.
  16. KingKong320

KingKong320

i had the same name game already installed thats why it was not installing,i deleted other one and now new apk is installed.

17. tuncturel

tuncturel

Hi we had this as well. It was the version numbering and bundle version code for us. If the bundle version code is the same then you will get this issue without further explanation to why it didn't install the app. Simply increase your bundle version code in the build settings and you'll be fine.

18. KingKong320

KingKong320

One more thing to do here is.. Run android resolver

19. agha502

agha502

force reslove?

20. ashishumrao123456

ashishumrao123456

Guys! I have done all you told but in my case it still doesn't works
    You can see it, I have a download link for that
    Go to my site
    please help!!

21. nguyenhuongmai96

nguyenhuongmai96

I also have the same problem. And it shows like the key is incorrect, etc. But it actually was because I didn't install my Android version SDK in the Android Studio

22. Panimu

Panimu

I just had this, my solve was so dumb.. basically the dialog asks if you want to cancel the install "OK" or continue "Install Anyway". The logic being it's trying to direct you away from random .apk installs not from the appstore. But the OK option is highlighted green, so my dumb lizard brain kept hitting "OK" as in "OK- don't install this" which then results in the "Not installed" 'error'.

JuliusM likes this.
  23. punkin006

punkin006

I had the same problem and I solved it by removing an Android Manifest that was conflicting with the others. I found the problem by using the Build and Run feature.

24. smndey

smndey

I build my mobile game successfully
    But i can't install it in my mobile.
    I have used URP in my game, is it supposed to make any problem?

25. Adil_Alhilali

Adil_Alhilali

It was due to not enough space on the mobile... Stupid android. it should report this with a more detailed exception not just app not installed.

realgamingart likes this.
  26. realgamingart

realgamingart

The solution of this problem is key store is incorrect and you just need to make the new key store carefully and your android device should have enough space. your android device will never tell you the space is not enough.

27. parigha12

parigha12

You were right...it worked for me!!!

28. shadowNerd

shadowNerd

If anyone is having this issue after adding keystore and generating key hashes, uninstalled the previous version from your android device. worked for me

29. Faiqlaiq

Faiqlaiq

This is the most suitable answer for me. My problem was ARMv7. I was using ARMv64, but that devices supports v7

IAmChiagozie and Aligdev like this.
  30. habibieamrullah

habibieamrullah

It sounds correct, maybe the problem is this. I face this problem on my phone that has no sd card. Already did:
    - install location: automatic
    - different package name (it's so obvious, because we can not upload more than one app with one package name)
    - correct keystore

What's the solution to make my apps installable in one device without problem?

31. soendx

soendx

I've solved this error with this solition:

On your phone:
    Go -> Play Store -> Touch your profile from top right -> Manage Apps and Devices (or something like that because my phone is Turkish) -> Touch Play Protect -> Touch Top Right to go Settings -> on this screen turn off everything and try to install again your APK file. It may install. It worked for me. I hope it works for you too.

jedrapps likes this.
  32. Aligdev

Aligdev

Thank you sir, you saved my day.

33. remcopost04

remcopost04

make sure that your logged in to your unity account, I somehow logged out. you can login on the top right corner on the "Acount" button.

34. IAmChiagozie

IAmChiagozie

What worked for me was deleting the Plugins > Android folder and Force Resolve again. I think I might've unknowingly manipulated some files in there.

35. Yousef_Hadhrami

Yousef_Hadhrami

For me the solution was stupid. My phone was on 118GB/119GB. I needed to free more space.
    Deleted some stuff and installed it again and it worked.

36. Krnitheesh16

Krnitheesh16

Hi,
    I had this same problem.
    Uninstalling the app from my android device solved the problem.

37. newmannoam

newmannoam

updated sdk to 29+ solved the problem

38. Rafal_Marchewka

Rafal_Marchewka

Another solution: be sure that in AndroidManifest main activity (eg. android:name="com.google.firebase.MessagingUnityPlayerActivity") is set as android:exported= "true".
    I set false to wrong activity and lost two days...

39. Iznan

Iznan

i solved with this step

40. Revvol

Revvol

hey, i had the same problem. I tried all possible methods. Finally it turned out that I should enable "ARMv7" in "player settings" cuz my phone did not supprted ARM64. Hope it was halpful.
    project settings > player > other settings(tab) > ARMv7 (checkbox)

41. ChisTaki

ChisTaki

Yea i had the same error but then i check google play protect automatically says dont install so i clicked install anyway and it worked