Search Unity

1. We are migrating the Unity Forums to Unity Discussions. On July 12, the Unity Forums will become read-only.

Please, do not make any changes to your username or email addresses at id.unity.com during this transition time.

It's still possible to reply to existing private message conversations during the migration, but any new replies you post will be missing after the main migration is complete. We'll do our best to migrate these messages in a follow-up step.

On July 15, Unity Discussions will become read-only until July 18, when the new design and the migrated forum contents will go live.

Read our full announcement for more information and let us know if you have any questions.

Question Аpplication name and icon localization issue

Discussion in 'Localization Tools' started by ASKEzzzzz, Nov 2, 2023.

1. ASKEzzzzz

ASKEzzzzz

How can I fix the issue with icon and application name localization in Unity when using the Localization 1.4.5 package? My English and Brazilian Portuguese localizations work correctly, but when I switch to Russian, it uses the data from Player Settings. What steps should I take to resolve this situation?
    PS I've tried various combinations of the locale selector, but it didn't help me.

Attached Files:

2. karl_jones

karl_jones

Unity Technologies

I don't see Russian in your list of languages, I belive the player settings are used as a fallback.

3. ASKEzzzzz

ASKEzzzzz

I don't understand why all the other languages that are not included, including Russian, don't use English data as the default. Is there a way to make all the languages that are not added to the list be recognized as English by default?
    If I rephrase the question, how can I generate not only 'mipmap-en-xxxhdpi' but also 'mipmap-xxxhdpi' folders along with the icon and value folders?

Attached Files:

Last edited: Nov 2, 2023
  4. karl_jones

karl_jones

Unity Technologies