Search Unity

Application crashes

Discussion in 'iOS and tvOS' started by fred_gds, Jan 13, 2014.

1. fred_gds

fred_gds

Hey,

I submitted my app to the app store and some customers claim that the application crashes. I tested the application my self on iPhone 4S,5S and iPad2/Air/mini 2. So I registered that it runs slower on the 4S and iPad2 but it never crashed, therefore I kind of don't really now what I am supposed to look for.

Anybody an idea where to start?

2. MrEsquire

MrEsquire

Yes this is the problem with the iPhone app store, someone makes negative review and says app crashes.
    No feedback report on what iOS version they using or iPhone/iPad
    Best thing to do is in the description to write your email address and for them to submit you a bug report.
    Good Luck

3. Graham-Dunnett

Graham-Dunnett

Administrator

Often when a consumer says the app crashes what they mean is that they have lots of other apps running on the device and the game you made is getting killed by the OS because it's short of memory. In these cases you'd get an didReceiveMemoryWarning so you can log this to whatever analytics service you use.

4. Agent_007

Agent_007

5. fred_gds

fred_gds

hmm. I'll take a look at the flurry thing.

I already added an email address in the app description but nobody sent me a message yet. But this is kind of killing my sales so I hope I'll get a crash-report anytime soon.

By the way somebody already told me that my application got hacked, but he didn't want to tell me the source. Is there a way to prevent this?

6. Graham-Dunnett

Graham-Dunnett

Administrator

Hold a gun to his head and I suspect he'll tell you the source. ;-)

7. Graham-Dunnett

Graham-Dunnett

Administrator

If your game uses some web service then you can limit access to that from only people with a legit copy of the game (somehow???) One of my friends shipped a game, and even before it was on the UK Apple iTunes store it had been hacked. Turns out that games ship first in NZ, and there is a market for people purchasing games there, then hacking them. I'd suggest that people who get hacked games are probably not going to purchase the real deal, so don't think of it as a lost sale.

8. MrEsquire

MrEsquire

What do you mean by hacked? the game is available on Jailbroken devices, is this what you mean?

9. fred_gds

fred_gds

I guess it is something like that. Somebody seemed to have downloaded it and changed something so that it can be installed on any device. It's probably also a jailbroken device, but I don't know the person very well so it's hard to tell for me.

I actually don't use any web services yet, so I can't limit it through there.

@Graham: Grate idea with the gun, but I live in Germany. They are kind of strict on that stuff here :D