Search Unity

Question Application close itself

Discussion in 'iOS and tvOS' started by Rachan, Nov 16, 2022.

1. Rachan

Rachan

Hi there!

I has been tested my game on iPad mini 2 from 2013, and I played for a while..

Then the application was close by itself!

without warning or anything I really don't know what is the cause, because I played on actual device, so I don't see an error log,

at first I thought it should be a memories issue or some compression I was use LZ4HC and LZ4 (both). even my game size are difference But still same result,

so I test it again by connected iPad to xcode on my Mac and then play it again, to see an xcode console, if it close by itself again I should see an error message on the console,

But it still not close by itself, so I open a game with xcode connected and leave them until tomorrow, if it crashed I will see a message log tomorrow.

So I would like to know an optimization tips for mobile game, I just want a highest performance settings as much as possible, the quality are not mind.

2. Aurimas-Cernius

Aurimas-Cernius

Unity Technologies

Run from Xcode using debug configuration and see what happens.

Rachan likes this.
  3. Rachan

Rachan

Oh I don't know how to set xcode to debug configuration, do you have some advice?

4. Aurimas-Cernius

Aurimas-Cernius

Unity Technologies

There is a checkbox for that in Build Settings window in Unity.
    Or you can go Product -> Scheme in Xcode itself.

Rachan likes this.
  5. Rachan

Rachan

Thank you very much!

6. Rachan

Rachan

And I has been tested on very old iPad and I found that a memories start used about 400MB and then after I leave it one night a memories start using 500MB, I really sure it will be increasing a bit more and more!

so I would like to know how to unload some objects that no longer use to keep a memories not increase too much? or keep it new load every time you has been entered some scene , to won't keep it in memories?