Search Unity

1. Megacity Metro Demo now available. Download now.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Unity support for visionOS is now available. Learn more in our blog post.
    Dismiss Notice

Apple Watch companion - "unsupported family"

Discussion in 'iOS and tvOS' started by Gillissie, Jan 5, 2022.

1. Gillissie

Gillissie

Still struggling to get a simple Apple Watch companion app up and running for a Unity app.
    I've decided to try the approach of manually adding a WatchOS target to the Unity-generated Xcode project, just to see if I can at least get that running. Not even that works.

Now for some reason Xcode doesn't like my iPhone as a build target when trying to do it through the watch target.
    Screen Shot 2022-01-05 at 2.02.22 PM.jpg

It works fine if I just use the iOS build target for my phone.
    I have double and triple checked the "family" settings in both the phone and watch target build settings. Everything matches what it fills in when I create an iOS project from scratch and add a watch target, which builds just fine. Googling didn't help at all. I only ran into someone else with the same issue from over 6 years ago on stack overflow, with no answer.

2. Gillissie

Gillissie

I wonder if this build error is related?

unable to resolve product type 'com.apple.product-type.watchkit2-extension' for platform 'iphoneos'

3. ivanstajcer

ivanstajcer

Hello, I jave encounterd same problem. For me, after some time of frustration, unpluging phone and pluging it back in somehow solves this issue. I hope it helps, I am sorry I dont have more to say to help.

4. dkulitsky

dkulitsky

Did you fix the issue?

5. dkulitsky

dkulitsky

Could
    Tried it many times, without lucks.