Search Unity

App would like to find and connect devices on your local network

Discussion in 'iOS and tvOS' started by TheTaj, Nov 11, 2020.

1. TheTaj

TheTaj

Repro steps:
    Make a blank project in Unity (I used 2019.4.4 and 2020.1.13f)
    Add TextMeshPro (probably unimportant, but my blank project had TMP in it)
    Build for iOS, export to Xcode
    Sign in Xcode so that the build can be run on iOS device -> open build on iOS

"App would like to find and connect devices on your local network" pop-up appears.
    I'd very much like to get rid of this pop-up in my current project, but currently cannot remove it from blank projects.
    If anyone knows of a certain Unity version where this issue is not persistent, please lmk.

Apologies if this has been posted previously, but I haven't found any solutions yet in those threads.

2. studentvz

studentvz

The same thing happened to us, as we need to solve another issues we didn't spend any time on this. Did you use Xcode 12?

3. TheTaj

TheTaj

Yes, I'm on Xcode 12.1.
    I was able to solve this issue, however! (for me, at least)

When I was reproing this issue, I had 'development build' checked on my blank projects.
    Unchecking this removed the notification on both blank projects and my actual project.
    Hope this helps.

theancientchild likes this.
  4. pistoleta

pistoleta

Shouldn't you check with a different device? is just it doesn't make too much sense that the pop up just appears on development build no? (just out of curiosity)

5. Neto_Kokku

Neto_Kokku

A development build with script debugging enable will send network broadcasts and listen on some ports, since script debugging is done via network. This is probably the reason behind this pop-up.

theancientchild likes this.
  6. pistoleta

pistoleta

Ohhh that makes a lot of sense :)

Thanks !