Search Unity

App Store Review Guidelines - Kids Privacy

Discussion in 'Unity Analytics' started by xLeo, Jun 6, 2019.

1. xLeo

xLeo

According to the newly-released App Store Review Guidelines:
    In other words, does that means that we won't be able to use Unity Analytics on any game "made for" kids on iOS?

If so, is there any plan to add a feature on Unity Analytics to restrict including the SDK on iOS builds only?

2. JeffDUnity3D

JeffDUnity3D

We are looking into this.

xLeo and (deleted member) like this.
  3. antifuzz

antifuzz

Hey @JeffDUnity3D wondering if you've got any further updates / insights on this? We have many existing client projects that are either targeted at kids or actually in the Kids' category and that make use of Unity Analytics. Obviously we want to continue using Unity Analytics to get gameplay usage in these projects, and it seems very heavy-handed of Apple to apply this rule even when we're not collecting any personal data.

Can you confirm if Unity is communication with Apple on these new guidelines, and whether there will be any kind of announcement from Unity as to best practise? Thanks.

4. Babybus_Study

Babybus_Study

upload_2019-6-21_11-1-19.png That means I can't use In-App purchase anymore?

5. JeffDUnity3D

JeffDUnity3D

6. paljan

paljan

Any new info regarding this? If we are set to release a new application at the end of this week, would it be safer to just disable the Unity Analytics all together?

Funny thing is, we did a test submit for the review process last week (without any knowledge about this issue) and it passed the review process, having Unity Analytics enabled! So it seems at least they are not enforcing it yet? :eek:

7. JeffDUnity3D

JeffDUnity3D

You certainly can disable Analytics at design time, it's up to you. Otherwise the steps that I have mentioned are valid.

8. paljan

paljan

Sorry I should have clarified, we would actually want to use just the Analytics, not IAP. But I gather there is no new info regarding how this guideline will affect the Unity Analytics? Is there still a possibility it won't be regarded as 3rd party come september?

9. JeffDUnity3D

JeffDUnity3D

I don't believe you will want to use Analytics if this is listed as a kids game.

10. paljan

paljan

Wanted to get back to this one still, does this also exclude the use of Cloud Diagnostics execption reporting? Also, will Unity release any official statement regarding the whole guideline policy change regarding their services?

11. coshea

coshea

12. tomph

tomph

hey @coshea ! Do you know what the latest with this stuff is? I'm currently battling with Apple who are rejecting our app because we are tracking non-personal data with Firebase analytics! It all seems very harsh

13. loopcut

loopcut

I have also trouble with Apple. I removed now all Analytics from my App and I still get the message from Apple that I am using Third Party Analytics.
    Help would be great!

14. JeffDUnity3D

JeffDUnity3D

xLeo likes this.
  15. xLeo

xLeo

As far as I know, Firebase Analytics doesn't track personal data and is ok with kids apps.
    The issue is probably in another plugin, I'd say Unity Analytics or an Attribution plugin.

Please keep us posted on your issue.

16. JeffDUnity3D

JeffDUnity3D

We are continuing to discuss with our sources at Apple, hopefully we will have a resolution soon.